superstar dj's (here we go!)

morbyd has skewed this..............what we were originally saying is that in dance music circles, back in the day refers to a specific time.

it does.

morbyd, with inadvertent help from olly and his orbital rave spirit, has twisted the argument into whether back in the day means just acid house.

the original debate was, when we're talking about back in the day in dance music circles, when are we talking about.

answer = acid house era.
:D:D

I know, a few djs have educated me a little (not alot...)

I was just being a bit "silly", sorry:oops:

the original debate was, when we're talking about back in the day in dance music circles, when are we talking about.

answer = acid house era.
I was, from the beginning, discussing the general ownership of the phrase i.e. it doesn't, in common usage, refer to the acid house era or any specific period of time.

If you just want to say that when people, specifically those connected to UK dance music scene, say "back in the day" with reference to music, they're referring to the acid house scene, then I'm more than willing to agree with you! ;)

I was, from the beginning, discussing the general ownership of the phrase i.e. it doesn't, in common usage, refer to the acid house era or any specific period of time.

If you just want to say that when people, specifically those connected to UK dance music scene, say "back in the day" with reference to music, they're referring to the acid house scene, then I'm more than willing to agree with you! ;)

where's the original thread between you and babs?

tbh, i don't even know where we're up to anymore.

where's the original thread between you and babs?
In that thread, I'd used the phrase to refer to a certain period of time in the late 1990s. Perhaps I mentioned some music that reminded me of that time period "back in the day".

Obviously, I wasn't using it in the UK-clubber acid house context, which is what Babs took issue with. I then pointed out, as here, the broader etymology of the phrase.

tbh, i don't even know where we're up to anymore.
Me neither :lol:
Can we move on yet? :lol:
I'm off to start my evening. Have a good one!

Back