Supermartxe , gay party ? or not?

MR.B

Before I start this is NOT a homophobic question, it is a question I was asked by a group of guys going out to Ibiza in July and I didn't know the answer. They are looking at line ups and the party side of Supermartxe appeals to them , but they just want to know what they (might) be getting themselves into.

ta.

this makes me laugh.:lol:

you say the question isn't homophobic but the sentiment sounds like it pretty much is, "what they might be getting involved in".

classic hetero superiority complex if ever i heard it:lol:

yeah supermartxé attracts a big gay crowd, but not by any means exclusively, in fact, you'd probably even notice the difference from any party that a lot of spanish go to

Hahah i can see where you are coming from , I tried to explain to them about the whole Ibiza ethos and they should not be worried and just go with the flow, if you like the party what difference does it make, but having only ever been clubbing in the UK before they don't really get it. So I said i would ask the question.

I can see I should have told them to register and post their enquires themselves :rolleyes:
I think it is more of a case they are young (apprentices), have limited life experiences and have not been on a trip outside the UK before, they just want to know what is what so they can make informed choices. Thankfully they are not (or don’t appear to be football top wearing slack jawed troglodytes, that you occasionally see) (Note: not everyone wearing a football top is) so I hope they will enjoy their trip, broaden their horizons and embrace Ibiza and the people they meet.

I can see I should have told them to register and post their enquires themselves :rolleyes:
I think it is more of a case they are young (apprentices), have limited life experiences and have not been on a trip outside the UK before, they just want to know what is what so they can make informed choices. Thankfully they are not (or don’t appear to be football top wearing slack jawed troglodytes, that you occasionally see) (Note: not everyone wearing a football top is) so I hope they will enjoy their trip, broaden their horizons and embrace Ibiza and the people they meet.

split personality sindrome?

In all fairness questioning whether its a predominently gay night is not unacceptable and I wouldnt call it homophobic at all, maybe if they said I'm not going there if its Gay yes but their only asking after all! Gay nights do have a different vibe about them in the UK than regular club nights particularly where I'm from and I've never been to one in Ibiza but I imagine they are totally different to the UK! At the end of the day a lot of straight men feel weird if a gay guy even looks at them for a second lol and there are some who can handle having their arse pinched and not bat an eyelid I guess your mates are the former however I wouldnt say it makes them homophobic just a little un-liberated!

Sorry to keep re-posting like this and I do think this guy is a bit of a pleb for kind of going back on his word... but to call this hetero-superiority complex and be mean about it is wrong! Before I go on I have very good friends who are gay that I love but I just think its unfair to think its unacceptable for straight people to not want to go to predominently gay nights when gay people have these nights so that they can avoid straight people (which I totally understand!). Personally I prefer a mix of people from cultures and backgrounds but I don't like going to nights that include people with tutus and fluffy boots with glowsticks and whistles. This doesn't mean we can't be friends.. actually no we can't lmao

Im with Mr.B and hauskitten on this one - I think hauskitten hit the nail on the head:

I just think its unfair to think its unacceptable for straight people to not want to go to predominently gay nights when gay people have these nights so that they can avoid straight people (which I totally understand!).

Alot of people take the p**s out of San An and the 'footy shirt wearing, loudmouth yob types' and if someone was to ask how to avoid clubs that attract these sort of punters im sure no one would bat an eyelid (plus im sure their would be a lot of chav/yob bashing!).

Is there much of a difference between being a snob and being homophobic? it's all discrimination. And before you say "'but we don't like the behaviour of those yobs, or they make me feel uncomfortable and I feel threatened".. Why is it different and so wrong to feel the same way about gay people? Which law states your not allowed to be scared/uncomfortable around a certain type of person?

I just think the way people have jumped on Mr B is a bit harsh for simply asking a question.

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now :oops:

Mr B - hope your mates have a wicked time out there.

Back