sunday supermarkets

grandad

hi
we fly in a couple of times this summer and on both times we a land on a sunday,
can anyone tell me if any large supermarkets will open anywere on the east coast.
cheers.

Both Eroski supermarkets in Santa Eulalia (there is a new one on the Es Cana road that opened this winter) are open on Sundays from ten in the morning until mediodía which in Ibiza speak is 2pm - don't ask me why. Alternatively if you have a car there are two fruit & veg shops on the Santa Eulalia-Ibiza road that are open until around eight in the evening where you can buy milk, bread, cheese, wine etc.. and of course fruit & veg.

Not too sure what time Eroski closes as either 'Ibiza Speak' is wrong, or it closes at 12.00 midday. Mediodia actualy means 'Noon'

Tiempo espera a ningún hombre ;)

Not too sure what time Eroski closes as either 'Ibiza Speak' is wrong, or it closes at 12.00 midday. Mediodia actualy means 'Noon'

errrr not quite as straight forward as that.......practically every one who i encounter using the word mediodia is talking about the middle of the day rather than a specific time. a bit like the way you might say lunchtime.

when they're talking about 12 noon, without fail people say "doce de la mañana" and never mediodia.

Trust me, I live here... Eroski in Santa Eulalia closes at two pm on a Sunday.

Back