Sunday People: Ecstasy kills hols Brit, 20

there was a big drugs feature in yesterday's Observer

most of it was well-trodden territory afghanistan, colombia, legalisation, political hypocrisy, class ABCDEFG blah blah blah but it was interesting to read that speed is making a bit of a comeback as people cut back on coke consumption in the recession. I don't have a lot of faith in these surveys because it is impossible to know how many people are taking drugs or what they are taking - and the nature of their work means dealers are never going to give a whole picture to the press.. :confused:

I just thought I would let you all know that Kieran Formby aged 20 did not die from drugs as mis-reported by the national press. I am Kieran's dad and I have dealt with both the coroner's in Ibiza and in the UK.

The coroner in Ibiza stated that Kieran died from and un-diagniosed heart condition and stated it was a pulmonary haemorrhage which is akin to a Heart Attack, there was no mention of drugs or of the cause of death being realted to drugs.

The UK coroner spent much more time examining all the causes over nearly a month and diagniosed Kierans death as from natural causes. He officially died from a Cardiac Hypertrophy, which is an acute cardiac failure (ie: his death was sudden).Again there is no indication that his death was caused by taking drugs.

It is a pity that newspapers etc run stories based on nothing but hearsay. Kieran was not found in a street, night club or anything like that. He was in a friends apartment with friends and was in bed at the time.

The newspapers wanted a story and made a lot of the facts up and were so factual about the cause of death despite the fact that it took the Coroner over 4 weeks to establish the cause of death.

I'm deeply sorry to hear about Kieran... thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
J

Back