Sunday Best, 9th August- Change of location

M

mattlebonk

It's not at Benirras this time, and also you don't need to bother sorting out an invite/ticket. What better way the get away from all the Radio 1 mayhem?

THE 2ND SUNDAY BEST PARTY IN IBIZA WILL TAKE PLACE

THIS SAT 9TH AUGUST AT:

CALA CADOLAR
ON SOUTH OF ISLAND

DIRECTIONS:
ON ROAD TO CALO CONTE PAST SAN JOSE

5pm to midnight

LINE UP AS FOLLOWS

A MAN CALLED ADAM (LIVE)
ALISON GOLDFRAPP
DUBTRIBE
ROSS ALLEN
DADDY AD

PLUS RESIDENTS: ROB DA BANK AND THE CUBAN BROTHERS

No ticket required.

For more info please contact info@sundaybest.net

mattlebonk said:
It's not at Benirras this time

a little
birdy.gif
told me that they had problems with the sant joan council!! :eek:

mattlebonk said:
CALA CADOLAR
ON SOUTH OF ISLAND

the new location was excellent too (restaurant amarant) with spectacular views over es vedrà - although some people had problems finding the beach!! :rolleyes:

cool chill out sounds and free strongbow - what else can you ask for? :p

pictures here

Macky ;)

contrary to what is reported in the ibiza club news section - the party took place in cala codolar (not in es codolar - which is a different beach)!! :rolleyes:

james ---> :spank: <--- mc

McSpankin :p

So this post obviously didn't have the desired effect of stopping people going to Benirras and missing the party. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah, I'm on the Sunday Best mailing list.

Even though I'll be missing all their Ibiza parties this year, I didn't want anyone else to miss out.

Their parties in London are always class- totally does away with that end-of-the-weekend back-to-work feeling.

31/8 till 10/9?

Do you know if there will be any GOA type beach party between 31/8 and 10/9? I read that Benirras beach isn't any more, but will there be a party at Cala Codolar?

McRackin said:
a little
birdy.gif
told me that they had problems with the sant joan council!! :eek:

the problems were with the association of discotheques!! :eek:

thats what sophie mac said:

What happened with the forced change of venue?

After the success of the first event at Benirras we fully expected to be allowed to go back there, the town hall had given us a special permit for the day and assured us that they were happy with the way the event went. Unfortunately we didn’t have a permit to advertise the event with posters, and we were denounced for doing this by the Association of Discotheques. This means that we are unable to get another permit for Benirras. It’s a shame because it was the perfect place for Sunday Best, and the people who came could bring their kids to the beach and with the sunset there and everything….but it was our own fault really. The clubs pay a lot of money for their licences and you really can’t go around acting like one but without all the responsibilities. We always knew that our biggest threat to pulling this off would be the clubs and it’s important to us to be very careful from now on not to do anything wrong.
In a way it’s a good thing – we were worried initially about how to control numbers at the second event; the first went so well we were sure that many more people would turn up than we could handle, and this way, with a change of venue we managed to personally invite everyone and keep the whole thing more of a secret.
Maybe we’ll keep the location of each one secret location till the day before.

mattlebonk said:
Even though I'll be missing all their Ibiza parties this year, I didn't want anyone else to miss out

thanks!! :D

Best-umbrella.jpg

Back