Sunday 30 August - Wednesday 9 September

Jet Set Willie

Ok, the homecoming.

After booking for last year and having to cancel due to a family wedding in NYC, it had been a long time coming. Before this year, my last time out had been 2005 for a 3 day whirlwind session.

Flew out from Glasgow at 07:00 on Sunday morning, 3 couples on this flight staying at Puet apartments in San An. Apartment clean and basic, just what we expected for the price. Another 10 had flown out on Saturday staying at various apartments in San An, namely Formentera, Marco Polo, Costa Mar and Ibiza Rocks.

Anyway, onto the interesting stuff. Touch down in Ibiza and catch our transfer. Head out to meet up with the rest of the squad then sit at the small beach Cala Des Moro (sp) just round from Kasbah, Golden Buddah etc. There for less than an hour when two cops drive round on motorbikes and ask if they can search us! WTF "is this normal practice in Ibiza now?" Im thinking!!

Thankfully after searching our bags, ciggarette packs etc they head off and leave us scratching our heads in bemusement. Head back to Ibiza Rocks and have a swim and a few drinks then go get ready for Space.

Meet up at the taxi rank and head over to Play Den Bossa where we have a couple in Zanzibar which was quite nice but quite pricey for a bar I thought. Then round to the beach at Bora Bora. Sit outside with many others listening to the tunes and talking ****(we had scored some green rolexes!!) Eventually head into Space about 2am.

First time I'd been in Space since the refurb and was impressed by the layout. Things get a bit fuzzy now. Spent some time in the main room where I think Felix Da Housecat was on. Atmosphere was class, was my younger brother and my girlfriends first night in Ibiza and they were blown away by the scene that met them. Sat in the terrace and had a drink, not much atmosphere though probably due to how late on in the night it was. Then spent the last hour in room 2 watching Boys Noize. Everyone going mental and then he dropped Donna Summer - I Feel Love and everyone had one of those big 'Ibiza/ecstacy moments' where your all hugging etc.

Spent Monday at the Marco Polo pool then went for a delicious meal at Curry Club. Lovely food and great atmosphere. My mate was DJing upstairs in the Higlander Bar in the West End, so went there straight after the meal. What a hole the West End was, an attack on the senses with drunken mutants falling around everywhere and PRs screaming in your face. Probably made all the worse by the fact I hadnt slept since Space. Good laugh in Higlander, mate had the upstairs packed and jumping all night. Home for a sleep straight after though.

Tuesday was 2 many DJs at Eden. Only been to Eden once in 2001 as there are not usually any nights to my taste. However 2 many DJs never disappoint if you can leave your pretensions at the door and have fun. Bought our tickets from a ticket seller with one free drink supposedly included. Got into Eden about half past one and headed straight to the bar and ordered 2 free drinks for me and my GF. "Only beer and wine" Im told by the barman! Bit of a rip off but fair enough I think, "One beer and one wine then"
The guy comes back with two tiny plastic cups, it was laughable, about 150mls of beer.

The rest of the night was brilliant though, loads of party tunes that shouldnt work in a club but somehow just do. Ace night.

Had a night off on Wednesday, just swimming and eating nice food.

Thursday, down to sunset strip for the sunset and food at Savannah. Big group meal. Brilliant atmosphere. Down to Pussycat Bar and purchased Cream tickets. First visit to Amnesia for girlfriend. I know she is gonna love it.

Sat down the front at San An at one of the bar/restaurants drinking with friends having a brilliant laugh. Girlfriend get a phonecall from Glasgow to say that my phone has been handed in to Southern Fried Chicken in the West End. (Didnt even realise I'd lost it!) ran round and gave the girl in the shop a giant hug, (how lucky eh) 8)

Taxi to Amnesia about 1am. Camera confiscated at the front door :evil:
Into the main room and its heaving you, literaly cant move. PVD is banging out some Euro trance which is'nt to my tastes these days. Manage to get into the terrace where the music is distinctly housier and more enjoyable. Spend the next 4 hours upstairs on the terrace having an absolute ball with a big group of my closest mates. Amnesia had a cracking Bett Boo laser that danced on top of the crowd which looked fantastic from the balcony area. Left about half 5 to get the camera and couldnt believe there was nobody at the door to stop you heading back in. Fired back into the main room which had breathing space now. Giuseppie Ostivani was wrapping thigs up til about half 6. Was good fun, but is there any need to still be dropping PVD-For an Angel these days??

More sleeping and swimming on Friday in anticipation of the Zoo Project closing party.

Watched Scotland romp to a win against Macedonia in the world cup qualifyers then jumped a taxi to 'the old abandoned zoo'.

Loved the atmosphere at zoo. Kind of like a UK festival without the wind and rain. Spoke to loads of cool people and danced our asses off at all the various areas. The seal pit was quality although not very practical as a dancing space. Got into an argument with some awful Spanish seniorita who tried to shove me off the step for accidently backing into her. A minor blip though on an otherwise top day/night.
Also the queues at the bar where obscene. Waited an hour at the bar at one point!! :x

Monday night: COCOON. The group is now down to four and everyone is feeling the effects of the last week. Out for a delicious meal at Davids in San An then back to the apartment for some beers. The 4 soon becomes 3 and the 3 of us catch a taxi to Amnesia where the main room is going mental to Tiefschwarz. Atmosphere and tunes unreal. Get a good spot in the main room right beside an Air-con unit which makes things all the better. Attempt to visit the terrace a few times but far to busy and at one point there are undercover 'bouncers' going crazy screaming and pushing.

Sven comes on to a rapturous welcome and we all go mental again. Eventually leave around half 5 and head back to the West End to pick up some vodka then retire to the apartment.

Tuesday is our last night so catch a last sunset and meal at Savanah and just have a few drinks then bed for 4 hours before my 6am pick-up.

All in all, an amazing holiday. Squeezed loads into our 10 days, plenty of clubbing, nice meals, scuba diving and a trip on the Bladerunner which took us out to Es Vedra. Came back exhausted and ill but happy. Also managed to find a contact on our first day with a seemingly endless supply of green rolexes which lets face it, made a massive difference to all the club nights.

Will I be back?? Probably, but will be staying in a villa for 2 weeks and doing much more chilling out with probably only 3 really big nights. Cant be doing with coming home from a holiday feeling like this again.

Best nights for me were. We Love, Zoo and Cocoon although Cream was also brilliant thanks to the company.

Not gonna go back and proof read all this, so sorry for any spelling gramatical errors.

... Everyone going mental and then he dropped ...
and everyone had one of those big 'Ibiza/ecstacy moments'
where your all hugging etc ...
nywy0o.gif

... Eden ... Bought our tickets from a ticket seller
with one free drink supposedly included.
Got into Eden about half past one and headed straight to the bar
and ordered 2 free drinks for me and my GF.

"Only beer and wine" Im told by the barman!
Bit of a rip off but fair enough I think, "One beer and one wine then"

The guy comes back with two tiny plastic cups, it was laughable,
about 150mls of beer ...
5l2ow8.gif

then sit at the small beach Cala Des Moro (sp) just round from Kasbah, Golden Buddah etc. There for less than an hour when two cops drive round on motorbikes and ask if they can search us! WTF "is this normal practice in Ibiza now?" Im thinking!!
:confused:

Back