Summer work 2022

Good evening all!

Im flying out to ibiza from scotland for the first time on the 20th april,have a months hotel booked in San Antonio bay and plan to stay as long as possible .

Seems like i should be there early enough to be in with a chance finding work, have read alot mixed stuff online about there not being much cash in hand work anymore is this true?

Willing do most types work have worked on building sites, nightclubs and currently work in tesco call centre but am prepared do any kind work, have read i should go to the ship inn and look for work on there boards and just hand in cvs to places?

Im also planning on doing some cycling and joining a few smoking clubs , anyone reccomend wheres good to hire from?

All help much appreciated!

I think I read in the Daily Express that Brits can only stay in Spain for 90 days without a visa? You need your passport date stamped on arrival in Spain and your hotel sends all your details to the Guardia Civil when you get there, and then your passport is checked when you leave. This was the Express so I'd check with an official source before departing

I think I read in the Daily Express that Brits can only stay in Spain for 90 days without a visa? You need your passport date stamped on arrival in Spain and your hotel sends all your details to the Guardia Civil when you get there, and then your passport is checked when you leave. This was the Express so I'd check with an official source before departing

this is correct unfortunately unless you have a TIE, working visa or some residency document. If you outstay your welcome, you can expect a fine next time you leave the country and/or possible deportation.

Think its gona just be a case go and see how i get on will keep you all updated, not sounding great atall with brexit though
Just wondering did you end up finding some cash work, I’m planning on coming soon for summer but not sure how hard it’ll be. Thanks

I assumed a lot of places would just have you off the books and pay cash and I very much mistaken?

I assumed a lot of places would just have you off the books and pay cash and I very much mistaken?

Probably will if you look at smaller name independent places, places are desperate for staff. Most workers have no job security anyway, ive seen a PR get their marching orders on the West End before as one big group too many went past without being lured into the Bar!

Would be interested to know how this panned out. So sad that people are restricted to 90 days now.
Was home in 3 weeks mate! was no work for anyone without a NIE , have now made a few mates though who have offered help me get one next year if still interested so not a totally wasted trip! back over 28th aug for 6 nights

Was home in 3 weeks mate! was no work for anyone without a NIE , have now made a few mates though who have offered help me get one next year if still interested so not a totally wasted trip! back over 28th aug for 6 nights
Were there many jobs available for people with NIE’s?

but a NIE is only for tax purposes. non eu citizens can not stay in eu countries for more than 90 days without the proper documentation.

but a NIE is only for tax purposes. non eu citizens can not stay in eu countries for more than 90 days without the proper documentation.

an NIE is much more than just for tax purposes my dear. but I get what you wanted to say. I was actually referring to EU citizens but should obviously have pointed that out.

Back