Suggestions for a group of 30-somethings

SARA*J

I've been tasked with organising my best friend's hen do to Ibiza. 7 of us, all in our early-mid 30s and we're staying for 3 nights end August.

We've all done Ibiza on numerous occasions but at least 10 years ago :eek: in our formative years!

Ideally we would stay in a villa in a more remote location but I'm thinking for just 3 nights we need to be in the middle of things.

So planning on staying in PDB. Any suggestions as to where to stay would be good, but mainly looking for thoughts on where we should be going to experience the best clubbing on the island for a group of older girls (and where we should avoid in order not to feel ancient) - we like our trance & house.

Probably looking for 2 decent nights and then a more chilled one on our final evening, and an afternoon in a decent beach club (Nassau?)

Suggestions gratefully received:)

For a good night of trance, my first thought is always Cream at Amnesia on Thursday nights. 25 Aug for example would give you a night of Anjunabeats trance in the Main Room with Above & Beyond, Andrew Bayer, Grum and Jason Ross, plus the likes of Duke Dumont and Pete Tong on the Terrace.

The trance crowd also tends to be both a bit older more accepting of all ages. I'm not as young as you ladies are (really!), and yet I can still feel right at home there!

Since you've been away for 10 years, you might want to check out Ushuaia one evening. The crowd tends to be younger and the music more mainstream, but I still find partying outside there as the sun sets is a blast if you're there for a fun time. Also, since it's outside, things end at midnight, so it makes a good choice if you want to get some rest one night or if you have an earlier flight the next day. And if money is no object, you can stay there too and have easy access to the parties each night.

Of course, a night back at Space should be in order, since this is their final year. :(

And before going out one night, perhaps a nice dinner under the stars and some bar hopping along the cobblestone streets of Dalt Vila in Ibiza Town? There are some decent restaurants in there if you get up a few streets away from the marina, and that can give you a chance for some conversation with your friends before being deafened in the clubs. :cool:

Glitter box on the Friday night at space or pacha Saturday night Paris by night would be good lot more classic house on both those nights pacha goes all out on a Saturday as well
The sal Rossa is a nice little self catering hotel relax atmosphere right in the middle of the action nice pool bar right on the beach and the apartments are a really good size that sleep up to 3 the santos is also nice more expensive but right on the beach with a great beach front pool

Last edited:
You don't get much more 'in the middle of things' than Jet Apartments. I'm late 30's, and loved it there last year, lots of young and old, party people. Pool party is fun, non-stop House madness, and it's easy access to Bora Bora, Ushuaia, Space, etc. Just don't expect to sleep. :)

Thank you :) Space is definitely on the list for a return visit, will do Glitter box Friday. I think Amnesia and Ushuaia will be up there, keen to try Ushuaia. We're heading home Saturday evening (flying out on Weds 31st) otherwise Pacha on Saturday would have been right up our street looking at the line up. Wondering about Sankeys for Dance 88/89?
We've been looking at Jet and Santos Coast Suites....I'm not sure we could handle Jet apartments these days though :p !!
Loved Dalt Villa for pre-clubbing dinner when we've been before so will definitely be going back. Just trying to cram as much as we can in 3 days on the basis that we all now need some sleep unlike 10 years ago!
Thank you - very much appreciated :)

Reactions: JPW
Glitter box on the Friday night at space or pacha Saturday night Paris by night would be good lot more classic house on both those nights pacha goes all out on a Saturday as well
The sal Rossa is a nice little self catering hotel relax atmosphere right in the middle of the action nice pool bar right on the beach and the apartments are a really good size that sleep up to 3 the santos is also nice more expensive but right on the beach with a great beach front pool
+1 on this. Sal Rossa is an excellent place to stay. Glitter box and Pacha are a good choice for your party plans too. Book a table for you all at Pacha restaurant and make a full night of it, midnight is a good sitting and then mince straight in the club afterwards.

I would def go Santos or Migjorn over JET any day. Jet might be fun one day but if it gets too much your stuck.
I think Glitterbox is a really good shout for you guys. Ushuaia is a great early evening experience if you dont want an all nighter but not sure if the music on the days your there. Hiring a car might be a good option to explore some different beaches / restaurants but if its a hen do , maybe not haha!
Hiring your own little boat from Starboats for sunset in san an might be a nice thing to do depending on numbers (7 would need to boats i think but that could be fun in itself)

Check out the Tropicana suites, stayed one night last month and really liked it. Cool place, friendly staff and was reasonably priced. Nice vibes round pool with a dj on during day.

Defo recommend glitterbox, would swerve Ushuaia unless you can get ants in.

Dance 88:89 i would also recommend. Musically I thought it was brilliant. I've done a lot of classics nights in the past (am 39) and it still some how managed to sound fresh.

Thanks guys, love all the suggestions and very much noted. This has been a great help so big thanks! We were keen on Sankeys just because of Dance 88:89 as it looked like our kind of thing but lots to consider. And just checked out the boat hire option as that looks great too.

Back