Subliminal 5 - not impressed

S Express

wotcha,

Bought Subliminal 5 over the weekend (Eric morillo). Was very excited to hear it after hearing some great reviews and was therefore INCREDIBLY disappointed after listening to it no less than 4 times over the weekend. :evil:

Usually you can pretty much guarantee that you will get some quality stuff with Eric and whilst there is no doubt that the "quality" of the mixing etc etc is top drawer the music failed to get me even slightly excited. Now whilst i am no bedroom dj i certainly consider myself to have good taste in house music which is why i am really annoyed about this!! I can only say that if i heard a set like this in a club I would be very underwhelmed.

Sorry Eric not impressed this time round. (although i did like the programme he hosted that Channel 4 put on on Saturday night!! showed a cool set at space)

Also bought the new Space album on Azuli - its "ok" with a few great tracks on the Smokin Jo disc....but it doesn't set the world on fire...haven't really listened to Reche yet so can't comment.

Can anyone suggest a remedy to put my musical soul at ease? ;)

I got Subliminal Sessions 5 last wk and thought it was ok, good in places but a lot of tracks just sounded like fillers :rolleyes: Definitely not a patch on earlier Erick mix albums.

Space 2003 is ok, nothing really special tho either.

At the same time I bought Defected in the House - Junior Jack and Kid Creme and that is far superior to the other 2, loads of stuff on it was stuff we were hearing in Ibiza. It's got Insatiable and Shakedown on Disc 2 but apart from that really up to date recent stuff. So that would be my recommendation :D

Barbie said:
At the same time I bought Defected in the House - Junior Jack and Kid Creme and that is far superior to the other 2, loads of stuff on it was stuff we were hearing in Ibiza. It's got Insatiable and Shakedown on Disc 2 but apart from that really up to date recent stuff. So that would be my recommendation :D

Yeah - nice one B - will check it out. Its SO annoying when you get all disappointed about a new disc isn't it!! Will have a ramble round music at lunch time.

Defected tracklisting:

Disc: 1
1. Late At Night - Copyright
2. Don’t Give Up (Copyright Classic Mix) - Kathy Brown
3. Feelin' Love - Soulsearcher
4. The Rhythm Of Life (Jazz-N-Groove Dub) - The Keith Thompson Project
5. Dancing In The Dark - 4Tune 500
6. Tropical Soundclash - DJ Gregory
7. He Not In - Chicken Lips
8. God Made Me Phunky - Mike Dunn
9. Freak - Deepah Ones
10. Everyday (DJ Gregory Remix) - John Ciafone
11. Elle - DJ Gregory

Disc: 2
1. What You Mean To Me (Josh Wink Remix) - Range Of Motion
2. Insatiable (Junior Jack & Kid Crème Remix) - Thick D
3. Shake It - Lee Cabrera
4. DJ Tool - Nu Yurican Kidz
5. E Samba - Junior Jack
6. Coffee Beats - Del Gado
7. Chasing (Junior Jack & Kid Crème Remix) - Maphia Ltd
8. Everyday My Life (Acappella) - Dajae
9. Magnifique - Tedd Patterson
10. Planet Rock - Powers That Be Vs. Roland Clarke
11. Shake It Baby (Junior Jack Remix) - DJ D
12. At Night (Kid Crème Re_Edit) - The Phunk Shakedown

There is also a new Soul Heaven album mixed my Little Louie, they've been sending me e-flyers about it for wks now so it must be coming out soon., that's definitely one for the collection.

Babs.....I didn't know anything about this defected Junior Jack/Kid Creme cd :eek: ....nobody told me :cry: ....arse, I'm off today aswell and my chariot is at the garage! Hexed I tell you :evil: .....I'm having palpatations...I need that CD. :rolleyes:

Dr Fox said:
Babs.....I didn't know anything about this defected Junior Jack/Kid Creme cd :eek: ....nobody told me :cry: ....arse, I'm off today aswell and my chariot is at the garage! Hexed I tell you :evil: .....I'm having palpatations...I need that CD. :rolleyes:

Soz, it's my fault I should have kept you informed :p ;)

It hasn't left my stereo since I bought it, I am loving that Defected series, first JJ and Migs, then Sandy Rivera and not Junior Jack and Kid Creme are continuing the series in style-eeeee.

They are my heroes Babs, firkin love them. Can't wait to see them at Pacha on the same bill as Tim Deluxe...OMG...how good is that going to be??? I can't believe I'm beached today.....

Dr Fox said:
She sits alone in a smoke filled café, watchin the world go by. She's all of 18. She's got looks that tell the truth when she lies.

Are these the words from Diamond Life? good track! ;)

S Express said:
By the way Barbie - thanks for the track listing! looks good.
s

:lol:

3 of my fave tracks this year are Feelin' Love - Soulsearcher, God Made Me Phunky and Elle - DJ Gregory so it's very nice of those nice Defected men to put them all on one CD for me :p :D

I have to disagree about the space CD, personally I think it's pretty good, I bought it for my bf after we got back from Ibiza & I keep borrowing it off him.

Each to their own I suppose. I might get the junior jack & kid creme album though.

Babs, just listened to the Defected in the House album....v good. Will prob get it later on although a lot of tracks are also on Pacha Las Tardes 2003 if you can get that when you are on the island! 8)

Have to say Feeling Love by Soulsearcher is already one of the tunes of the summer....played it at the new club Canvas in london 2 weeks ago and the place went mental :lol: .....reminds me of a Ben Watt lazy dogish style - love it.

lostinspace - i don't think that the space album is bad at all - in fact its pretty good - was just expecting it to have a bit more of the wow factor like the one last year had (well i thought so anyway!).

Yeah the last 2 Space albums were fab, this one isn't bad, just not up to standard as previous years imo.

Barbie said:
At the same time I bought Defected in the House - Junior Jack and Kid Creme

Thanks for the tip - already had the one before but had no idea there was a new one out. Straight to the shop after work tomorrow :lol:

Ed said:
Thanks for the tip - already had the one before but had no idea there was a new one out. Straight to the shop after work tomorrow :lol:

The Defected in the House is shaping up to be such a good series imo.

ye at first it didnt do much for me, but after a couple of listens i just cant get enough of it, every song is pure quality. Still I dont think Subliminal 3 will be topped in a hurry.

Have you got Junior Jack and Kid Creme - In the house, another superb album!!

:p

I was gonna buy the pacha cd with the funky lookin woman on the front.
Can u buy that over here? :?:

Back