Street performers

utagaura

Does anyone actually like them?

They always put me in a bad mood.

Especially the ones that stand in one position and you throw a coin and then they move and usually have a silver face.... ugh

Or the ones that use small children to do 'tricks'.

The best one I saw was when a skinny Santa stole a young child from the crowd, put him on his shoulders and then rode around on a unicycle.

Yuck.

Does anyone actually like them?

They always put me in a bad mood.

Especially the ones that stand in one position and you throw a coin and then they move and usually have a silver face.... ugh

Or the ones that use small children to do 'tricks'.

The best one I saw was when a skinny Santa stole a young child from the crowd, put him on his shoulders and then rode around on a unicycle.

Yuck.

*passes hot water bottle and chocolate*

Sometimes I'm glad I'm a man.

I cant say I see them everyday :lol: but Covent Garden and London in general is one for them.

I dont like the creepy ones I have to say.

Anyone seen the one round Covent Garden that has what appears to be no head or face, just a pair of glasses? THAT is weird.

This one on La Rambla freaks me out.

401944502_7a9d057f5c.jpg

I dont mind them to be honest, Id rather them than some twat with a clipboard with pink hair (because they are so fun & wacky) acosting me on my way to m&S at lunchtime!!

I dont mind them to be honest, Id rather them than some twat with a clipboard with pink hair (because they are so fun & wacky) acosting me on my way to m&S at lunchtime!!

I got roped into talking to one of these (clipboards) he was doing something for children with deafness and I had just come out of an interview so was a bit flappy and all over the place, so I ended up talking to him then saying I couldnt really donate :oops::oops:

Now those guys ARE annoying... one of them sprung out in fornt of me on Monday wearing a top hat and acting like he was my best friend!
Scared the b-jesus outa me!

J

now dont get me wrong, I will donate to charity and am sure they are all noble causes but I like to do it in my own way and when Im good and ready.

p.s am doing a parachute jump for NSPCC/Cancer Resarch next year, so get yer change ready!! ;)

now dont get me wrong, I will donate to charity and am sure they are all noble causes but I like to do it in my own way and when Im good and ready.

p.s am doing a parachute jump for NSPCC/Cancer Resarch next year, so get yer change ready!! ;)

Are you paying your own fee and donating all the sponsorship to the charity ol' mucker? I'm in if so.....

Are you paying your own fee and donating all the sponsorship to the charity ol' mucker? I'm in if so.....

good post.

i'm sure he is.

charity as a rule annoys me.

give a quid/go on a bike ride and the world is ok

somethings can be changed by throwing guilt, sorry money, at them - for instance cancer research.

however giving money to say, africa....the wholesale changes required will never happen so long as doing your bit involves a direct debit.

street performers in the Ramblas are usually very talented and I am a massive fan - flamenco dancers, human statues, trapeze acts, clowns - they are the heart and soul of the city centre

they get my full respect for making city life a more colourful place.

what would you rather have there? - some crap commercial radio roadshow playing equally crap leona records?

Back