Spotlighters favorate Ibiza haunts?

Dave 1

Hello Spotlighters,

Well we're nearly at the end of August & that must mean for some the end of there summer holidays hence back to work :lol: .

Do any Spotlighters have a favourate place ie: restaurant, bar, town or beach etc that's not been mentioned on Spotlight before? Given the forever changing pace of life & landscape on Ibiza i'd of thought that there were some little secret places that you guys prefer keeping to yourselves;). So come on let us know where they are & i promise i won't tell anyone:).

Cheers

Dave

i'd say this is a pretty good post.. but its not getting any attention.

i'm off out on sunday (23rd) so i'll let you know if i find anything.

1 place i do know of is 'over the top' in Santa Eularia, best Italian resturaunt ever and best garlic pizza bread in the world.

Also there is a small german resturaunt behind the marina in santa eularia (cant remember the name) near the spar that is excellent.

hi matey om off to santa in four weeks where is that over the top place your raving about?

cheers matey

I have, and will always, have a place in my heart for Play 2. I think it's cause it was the first place I ever "came up". Absolutely love the place.

Hey Gavvodka,

Here's hoping you have a great holiday & yes please let us Spotlighters know where this restaurant is:D Problem being that restaurants, bars etc all seem to frequently change name & owners so we're not alway's upto date with life on the Isle blanca:(

Again have a good one

Koppas82,

Where is this Place? Please enlighten us on your already valued experience in there & it's location;)

Only 216 hours berfore i feel freedom, solitude & sanity with-in my inner spirit

Dave

H
Koppas82,

Where is this Place? Please enlighten us on your already valued experience in there & it's location;)

Only 216 hours berfore i feel freedom, solitude & sanity with-in my inner spirit

Dave

Are you taking the p*ss? Can't quite work it out.

I can recommend here - its my fav restaurant on the Island and its amaaaaaaazing for sunsets and the food is simple but amazingly cooked and plenty of it....

http://www.hostallatorre.com/en/restaurante.htm

Its really romantic and chilled and very laid back - you can either turn up for drinks at sunset and move on (its far better than the sunset strip IMO) or you can have a table for dinner and stay all evening leisurely chatting and drinking Herbias after dinner 8)

I can recommend here - its my fav restaurant on the Island and its amaaaaaaazing for sunsets and the food is simple but amazingly cooked and plenty of it....

http://www.hostallatorre.com/en/restaurante.htm

Its really romantic and chilled and very laid back - you can either turn up for drinks at sunset and move on (its far better than the sunset strip IMO) or you can have a table for dinner and stay all evening leisurely chatting and drinking Herbias after dinner 8)

Dont be telling everybody Puppy!!!8)

New Chef at La Torre this season.

Was there in July and the lady who used to cook is now gone. Younger, male chef who has styled up the menu. Not as traditional as before and the meals are now "palatable" size:)

Sunsets havent changed..........8)

Dont be telling everybody Puppy!!!8)

New Chef at La Torre this season.

Was there in July and the lady who used to cook is now gone. Younger, male chef who has styled up the menu. Not as traditional as before and the meals are now "palatable" size:)

Sunsets havent changed..........8)

last year - late June/early July they were dead. I was chatting to the staff and they had concerns but were hoping it would pick up late July onwards - I hope it did ...

I hope they get a lot more custom - they are genuinely a great restaurant with unrivelled views.....8)8)

mmmmmmmmmmmmm those lamb chops 8)8)8)

Yea its a pity alright, but I don't think the present management try too hard to attract new custom.

They seem happy enough to meander along at their own pace. I prefer that way as it reflects the real Ibiza vibe.8)

If they made it more commercial and full of clubbers and celebs it would loose all it's charm.

Yea its a pity alright, but I don't think the present management try too hard to attract new custom.

They seem happy enough to meander along at their own pace. I prefer that way as it reflects the real Ibiza vibe.8)

If they made it more commercial and full of clubbers and celebs it would loose all it's charm.

Spot on 8)

I love its laid back vibe - I love the fact nobody claps when the sun sets. I love playing with their dog, I love sitting chatting with the guys who work there at the end of the night whilst waiting for our taxi to finally turn up - all the things that make that place special....

Mind you it is quite good for random DJ spotting - where else could you ask Sven Vath to shift his head cos its in the way of my sunset photo..... :lol::lol::lol:

Spot on 8)

I love its laid back vibe - I love the fact nobody claps when the sun sets. I love playing with their dog, I love sitting chatting with the guys who work there at the end of the night whilst waiting for our taxi to finally turn up - all the things that make that place special....

From what Im told by regulars there, it used to be the Cafe Del Mar of its day back in our parents time!

The Tables went all the way down onto the rocks, it was that busy and popular.

Roco:idea: That's the name of the Dog. Each year I return, I expect him to have croaked it. He must be 20 by now!

Sanchez, Coxy, Alfredo, and Jose Padilla are some of the DJ's that return every year without any fanfare.

Back