Spotlight reply to all the kind offers of help

james

Administrator
Staff member
I just wanted to say how very much we appreciate the many offers of help we've received from forum members. It's been so heartwarming - we feel blessed to have such a group of like-minded, passionate Ibiza lovers as yourselves, both here in the forums and on social media.

As you can imagine, the last year has been very hard. We've downsized staff, given up the office, and have cut costs wherever possible, but we are surviving, and we will be here in 2022, I promise you that.

I've been thinking a great deal about these offers for help and honestly, the very best way you can help us is by doing the following:
  1. buy all your club tickets through spotlight :) - even though there is no confirmation that events will happen, all our tickets are 100% refundable, so you can buy them now and start dreaming about that first night on the dancefloor. Even if it doesn't happen as soon as we'd all like, you get an instant refund, and you can be sure that we're always reachable by email, socials or even phone (emergencies only please ;)) and respond very quickly - those of you who've bought tickets from us in the past, know this.
  2. make your restaurant, hotel and villa reservations through the site too. we have nearly 150 restaurants online and over 200 villas. we earn a small commission from the villa and hotel bookings, and each restaurant reservation is proof to our restaurant advertisers that spotlight works :)
  3. when you are here on the island and you are visiting/enjoying something which you found on the site - an activity, a restaurant, a bar, whatever... please let them know you found it in spotlight - this is the best sort of advertising we get. Many of you do this anyway (we know this because our clients tell us!) - and it is really appreciated.
  4. book your activity tickets through spotlight :) and start discovering other beautiful and fascinating aspects of the island. whether that be by boat or jetski, renting a car, taking a SUP trip or treating yourself to a massage :)
In the meantime, we are continuing to do what we always do
  • keeping the site up to date - beaches, restaurants, resorts, events, etc.
  • publishing all the official party announcements (all official dates go on the party calendar of course!)
  • making sure our social media channels are full of Ibiza - it's not just you who are dreaming, when we publish pictures of summer events, beaches and clubs - we are too!
If you'll please excuse my language, we can't f***ing wait for a return to normality!!!!

Thank you again for all your messages and offers, hope to see you here very, very soon!

@james have you considered introducing a voluntary contribution fee on an annual basis for forum members? Not sure how many active users you have so I don’t know if there is any value in this.

And while we are on the theme, it may go against the free spirit of Ibiza, but have you considered introducing package deals incorporating club entry, drinks, meals, etc? It could even extend to hotels and flight if you can find the right airline partner. I know you do offer some packages but this looks to have potential to me. It depends how much capacity you have to diversify. Have you considered entering into the murky world of being a club night promoter yourselves? I know that may limit your impartiality, but I can’t imagine anyone knows the market like you do.

Last edited:
Same! It's what made me first fall in love with the island in 2002.

I wasn't aware about the restaurant bookings so will start doing that as well.
No Clara! I remember being amazed that some regulars had no idea about the site's hotel and restaurant bookings, back in 2006. But you've been here forever!

No Clara! I remember being amazed that some regulars had no idea about the site's hotel and restaurant bookings, back in 2006. But you've been here forever!

I knew about the hotels and clubs but yes, ashamed about the lack of restaurant knowledge. I shall rectify that asap!

I knew about the hotels and clubs but yes, ashamed about the lack of restaurant knowledge. I shall rectify that asap!
Sounds like an untapped revenue stream to look forward to at least! Keep on keeping on!

It's been mentioned above, but I will repeat it again: Merchandise!
Have you seen the Freedom IS Paradise clothing range:

just catching up here with the replies. had head down and working pretty much flat out this summer - tickets still a bust, but advertising from local businesses is going well - a lot of restaurants are having a pretty good summer. it's been a rollercoaster being so dependent on travel/quarantine restrictions from other countries, especially the UK. but so far so good. we're hoping the island will get another two full months of touristm, which will really help us all get through the winter.

reply to some of the suggestions:

1. we actually ran some package deals about 10 years ago, but we could never get it off the ground. some people do this very well and they concentrate on this, we found it difficult to "package" well enough to sell well enough. it was loads of work too and we are a small team, so we dropped that and concentrated on just selling club tickets, which for the most part is automated.

2. as steve mentions above, we have started a clothing range, although it's been difficult to get it properly off the ground these last two years... https://freedomisparadise.com/ - hopefully we can devote a bit more energy to that in the future!

3. we have thought about the subscription model, and it works very well for some online sites. but i personally don't like clicking on a link and seeing i have to pay for access. i always click away. if someone could sort out micro payments easily online, where you could pay a small amount for access to an in depth article which they'd really like to read, then that is something which i think could flourish (not just for us), but the "can only read if you pay a monthly subscription" turns me off. plus our traffic is our life blood, it's not just about our revenue, but rather the traffic that we can hand off to our advertising clients - that's what's keeping us afloat right now without the ticket revenue.

thank you again for the offers of help. i can only repeat my first message in the OP. we've had such positive feedback from our advertising clients about the business they are receiving from us - and that can only be from people actually mentioning that they found them in spotlight - this is the best thing you can do to help. and it is REALLY APPRECIATED. (and of course buying tickets next year ;))

it's surreal to think we are still all going through this crisis. if you had told me this 18 months ago i would have been despairing to say the least. but here we are. regardless of what happens from here on, we already know we'll get through to next summer. it's been such an incredible team effort.

p.s. we had a proper knees up at the weekend. someone (who shall remain nameless) turned 50. we celebrated at a friend's house. everyone either double vaxxed or tested on entry. everyone observing the norms. everyone dancing their socks off. music off at 12.30 am. reminded me of the old space terrace 🤣🤣🤣

looking forward to sharing that with you all soon when the clubs open again!!!

hi everyone,

as you've seen, finally there are more events on offer and while it's still all seated and with tables only, there is now a choice of parties available for anyone coming to ibiza.

we have just started table sales for ushuaïa's palmarama events for the remainder of the season. table sales for other venues will follow.

the prices are the same whether you request the table directly at the venue or through us, but of course you do help us if you book the table via ibiza spotlight. don't do the same request with both the venue and us though please - the reply will be the same, but it will save us and them work if you place the request either with us or with them.

so while we hope that by 2022 we will be able to sell regular club tickets again, this is a first step to bring events and music (at a loud volume) back to the island and us getting a little busy!

Back