Spotlight film club

WeLuvIbiza

Having searched the forum, there appears to be no film equivalent of the book club? I know there has been best / worst films, but an ongoing recently watched films review could be useful. For me at least as I have just joined lovefilm to enable watching of movies I want as opposed to what sky force feed us :)

Recently watched "Name of the Rose" - Sean Connery.

I love this medieval whodunnit. A fantastic atmosphere is built around an old monastry where Sean Connery drops in to try and solve the deepening mystery.

Currently waiting for Rec to be deliverd.

been in love film for about 6mths now, the only downside is that sometimes we have a film lying around fopr a few weeks before we watch it, other than that it's great. Currently waiting to watch bucket list & michael clayton, but may send michael clayton back as have heard its boring

My 18 year old recently made me watch "Across the Universe" - totally loved it though was expecting the worst !

Also saw "Blood Diamond" a couple of weeks back which I enjoyed much more than I thought I would...

jj - michael clayton is ok but is a little limp overall. sounds like city!;)

ones i've seen recently (not new)

if you like africa/politics:
last king of scotland
the constant gardener

80s (they have a habit of putting these on on sunday afternoons here in spain):
jumpin jack flash
short circuit
cocoon

for conspiracy theorists:
zeitgeist movie (thanks to mr.gines for the recommend;))

jj - michael clayton is ok but is a little limp overall. sounds like city!;)

last king of scotland
the constant gardener
Both of these are great films. Well acted, scripted, directed, etc. Perfect for people interested in world affairs.

I like Michael Clayton - it's also well acted, particularly - but it wasn't amazing.

jj - michael clayton is ok but is a little limp overall. Sounds like city!;)

Last king of scotland
the uphill gardener

8o

Last edited by a moderator:
been in love film for about 6mths now, the only downside is that sometimes we have a film lying around fopr a few weeks before we watch it, other than that it's great. Currently waiting to watch bucket list & michael clayton, but may send michael clayton back as have heard its boring

Bucket List is brilliant - I have [REC] and Spiderwick Chronicles to watch this weekend. We have cancelled Sky movies now cos I am finding f*** all to watch on these channels and far more through LoveFilm and its cheaper!! 8)

Got around to watching "Taken" on saturday. Liam Neeson is great in it.

Quality film.

I watched this on Friday night - even I couldnt suspend belief anymore than I did and I still thought it was :lol::lol::lol:. I dont think I have seen a film where the retired ex-military/mercenary (other than a film starring Bruce Willis or Jason Statham) have have so many possible weapons to hand at any one time, and had a full dossier of information on the criminals within 1 day and have leave a higher bodycount than a Rambo film ..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I reckon even Nicholas Cage would have balked at starring in this.... I had such high hopes as well :confused:

Slumdog Millionaire:

Freida-Pinto_articleimage.jpg

Great film;)

I would lick her spicy bumhole:p

ditto witto and twitto

everywhere. love her.

i saw that there cohen bro's film, burn after reading. felt cheated.

all a bit, 'look we have famous people' and no real plot.

guess i missed the point.

still not recovered from the sadness of atonement.

watched indian jones crystal skull the other day, a little too unbelievable for my liking.

also watched righteous kill, which i thought was ok but nothing special given the quality of the cast.

have also started watching sopranos, which i missed first time around.

The Women: Like fingernails being sharpened down the worlds longest blackboard, dipped in vinegar, then plunged into your eyes. Twice. On Your Birthday. By your Mam.

The Changeling - Ang Jolie in top form, but wearing a silly hat

Body Of Lies: Di Caprio / Crowe / Ridley Scott - fantastic.

The Women: Like fingernails being sharpened down the worlds longest blackboard, dipped in vinegar, then plunged into your eyes. Twice. On Your Birthday. By your Mam.

I'll give that one a miss then :lol::lol::lol:

Also watched We Own the Night with Joaquim Phoenix and Eva Mendez - I like it - but then the DVD started to pixilate during the last 20 mins and I got more caught up in my anger for that than the climax of the film.... :oops:

I'll give that one a miss then :lol::lol::lol:

Also watched We Own the Night with Joaquim Phoenix and Eva Mendez - I like it - but then the DVD started to pixilate during the last 20 mins and I got more caught up in my anger for that than the climax of the film.... :oops:

I loved that film too!

Finally got around to watching Slumdog Millionaire last night...
Surely entertaining, and satisfying in how it ties up all the lose ends. A complete story...if perhaps a bit contrived. The kids were great, as was the Bollywood dance routine during the closing credits. I think i would have enjoyed it more if I'd a) seen less hype and b) not been so tired when watching it.

Back