Spotlight Book Club - recommendations

puppylover

Hello anyone looking for some light reading material for this year's holiday should definately consider

Friends Like These - by Danny Wallace.... - brilliant - as good as The Yes Man - first chapter had me laughing my ass off and looking like a tw*t in the Deli at work..... 8)8)

Recommendation noted missy - I love all his other stuff, didn't realise he had a new one out tbh.

Came out last week - I have had it on order since before christmas (by mistake!) I thought it was already out and thought I had bought it as a stocking filler for Phil - but turned out I had pre-ordered it instead...:lol::lol::lol:

Its very light reading - prob suit you down to the ground for Sept's visit ;)

Russell Brand My Booky Wook - will be surprised once reading it.

I also enjoyed

Why am I always the one before the one - by Charlotte someone (maybe Ward) - was hilarious, has you cringing in places over your own dating horrors!

Its very light reading - prob suit you down to the ground for Sept's visit ;)

:lol::lol::lol: You know me too well ;)

I have got Shantaram to read which I wanted to save for Thailand but Tom has decided he wants to read it in Thailand so somehow I've got to get thru almost 1000 pages of that in Ibiza :?:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: You know me too well ;)

I have got Shantaram to read which I wanted to save for Thailand but Tom has decided he wants to read it in Thailand so somehow I've got to get thru almost 1000 pages of that in Ibiza :?:lol:

dont you just hate literary deadlines..... :spank::spank:

twentysomething by iain hollingshead is a great read. especially good if you're twentysomething and live/work in london, but still relevent to all.

Shantaram is a brilliant book. Well recommended!

Hello anyone looking for some light reading material for this year's holiday should definately consider

Friends Like These - by Danny Wallace.... - brilliant - as good as The Yes Man - first chapter had me laughing my ass off and looking like a tw*t in the Deli at work..... 8)8)

I loved Yes Man (Recommended on here too!) and I'm currently reading Join me so will definitely get this too!

I do enjoy his column in "Shortlist" on a thursday.

Also, not read it yet, but the book based on Brian Cloughs time at Leeds called "the damned united" I think....has had very good reviews!!!

Top Recommendation Pups. Could not put it down read it in 2 days.... think that's the fastest I've ever read a book! Bought Shantaram too to read but haven't managed to start that yet as 3/4 of the way through Harry (should be the England imo) Redknapp's book

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption [Hardcover]
Laura Hillenbrand (Author)

This was a great read

I read Mr Nice for the first time many years ago while chilling out after heavy days and nights beside a pool in Ibiza. Shame they ruined the film.

Back