Spending Money!

Thanks for the info guys, I guess I had better start saving and stop going out each weekend between now and then! Is it really 18 euros for a drink in the clubs, and 5 euros for a bottle of water? And what time do they tend to finish about? 6 am?

Also, im staying at the hotel puchet, which i think might be near the west end?

That is a blast from the past. We stayed there back in 1994. It was a young clubbers hotel back then, a short walk to San Antonio. Located on the main road.

Save up your spends by refraining from nights out. A night in Ibiza is worth x5 a UK night out.

Thanks for the info guys, I guess I had better start saving and stop going out each weekend between now and then! Is it really 18 euros for a drink in the clubs, and 5 euros for a bottle of water? And what time do they tend to finish about? 6 am?

Don't be panicked. These questions often turn into a pi ssing competion!

If you drink in the west end, speak to touts and get passes for some of the less high profile (but can be just as good, what's a brand?) nights and don't go crazy when in the actual clubs. Not for me to condone binge drinking but get loaded before your inside.

Food is certainly not expensive and in terms of value/quality is worlds away from the UK.

If you are in the west end, then unless you decide to head out to the bigger clubs and / or Ibiza town, there is no need to spend a fortune on taxis (and even if you do head out there, they have buses).

Point is, you can easily live on a lot less than 100 euros a day.

However, Pacha, Ching, and expensive restaurants complete with a trip to the knocking shop on the way home will soon see you through 500!;)

In Amnesia it's 9 euros for a bottle of water, 12 euros for a small beer and 20 euros for a vodka red bull BUT it's easy to go out and spend very little. The thing i found was that i was spending loads of money during the day on crap and then i would go out and do a hundred euros on a night in the west end but would only spend 50 in Amnesia if i made a conscious decision not to spunk my money. Oh and taking money out abroad is expensive... i had nearly fifty quid in charges last summer for the privilege of withdrawing my own money. Bastards.

Don't be panicked. These questions often turn into a pi ssing competion!

:lol::lol:

I'm sure most of us have done both ends of the scale from the dirt cheap and had an absolute ball to the "Feck I dare not check my bank a/c for a week or two!"

It's easy to get carried away in Ibiza as everything seems so carefree, that doesn't mean you need to take a suitcase full of £50's to have a great time.

We stay all inclusive and still spend about £1300 in a week for both of us :eek: I think it depends whether you plan on going to every party possible and getting completely wasted every day!

I try and take £100 a day purely because I have alot planned and wouldn't not want to do everything I have in mind. If I don't need to spend it all I wont - I would love to come home with a few hundred quid! The thing is once you get there, you might decide to do more stuff than you originally thought and not have the cash to do it. That's why I would say take more if you can just so you have that buffer there if need it.

At the end of the day you can spend as little or as much as you want. You can drain your bank account if you like?

just apply some common sense

- freeload ruthlessly
- buy your xibecas in supermarkets
- don't buy drinks in clubs unless you're gasping
- ration out the nights you really want to go to (unless you're a millionaire like fusion)
- only eat out if you have to
- share taxis or get the bus or walk
- don't buy tat or sunglasses that will implode after 5 minutes

the killers for me were the journey and the accomodation - everything else was peanuts

Ive spent £1700 in a week myself and also spent £1500 in a week between 2, just depends how you go about things. I think minimum I'd want would be £100 a day though.

just apply some common sense

- freeload ruthlessly

- don't buy drinks in clubs unless you're gasping
- ration out the nights you really want to go to (unless you're a millionaire like fusion)
- don't buy tat or sunglasses that will implode after 5 minutes

Another gem Olly:lol::lol::lol:

Back