Speeding Fine - Help needed.

binaryfinary

Hey guys,

So months after I get back from Ibiza, a letter arrives, but I can't read it as its in Spanish.

I think it's basically saying that I sped at 108km/h in an 80km/h zone on the road from San An to Ibiza (the 7.9km, not sure where abouts that is). Fine - 100 euros.

Now in the UK I'd happily start playing games and trying to refute it, but I don't want the hassle and risk of being refused hire or even been thrown in jail when I go back this summer. I've done wrong, I hold up my hands, I'm happy to pay.

Problem is, I don't speak Spanish, and don't understand a word of it. I think there's something about a way to reduce it to 50 euros, but I'm not sure. Would be nice if there is!

Finally, I'm not 100% it isn't just some scam. Don't want to start typing in card details to some random website.

Anyone know anywhere I can get advice? Even better, and I know it's asking a lot, any Spanish speaker able to translate if I scan it?

A little panicky here as if there is a way to reduce the fine, time is probably ticking as there's usually a limit.

there's a fix installed radar in both directions on the san an ibiza motorway. coming from san an, it's about 500m before the san rafael tunnel (right after the climb), coming from ibiza town it's about 2k after the san rafael tunnel in the middle of the descend after the pedestrian crossing bridge.

yes they always give you 50% discount if you pay quickly, I think the date or amount of days should be mentioned in the letter.

Just write
"No era yo, no estaba conduciendo"

and f*** `em off.

No scam, i got the same last year.... looks strange but it´s real !

purely legally you would not have to pay, because the mandate according to EU law should also be issued in English.
I would pay anyway, otherwise you will get huge problems if you get checked again, they really take you along :confused:

If you are fast enough at the short park zone penalties, you can enter the number of the penalty ticket at the machines and pay only a few Euros!
I did not know for a long time!

there's a fix installed radar in both directions on the san an ibiza motorway. coming from san an, it's about 500m before the san rafael tunnel (right after the climb), coming from ibiza town it's about 2k after the san rafael tunnel in the middle of the descend after the pedestrian crossing bridge

Presumably taxis get a free pass?

went back to old address and i found a fine from the dgt. the letter is as clear as mud but i’m guessing they caught me on that same road. €100 seems harsh for going 8km/h over but anyway i’ll pay it because i don’t want to get blacklisted. am assuming bailiffs will eventually turn up otherwise?

Are they really gonna arrest ppl over speeding tickets? They don't even do that in Canada.

Ibiza must really be feeling tourism slowdown!

Are they really gonna arrest ppl over speeding tickets? They don't even do that in Canada.

Ibiza must really be feeling tourism slowdown!

Quite a few people have been killed on that road. I think that’s the logic behind it.

Back