Space - Searches

Conshtinad

Hello all,

My girlfriend just got back from Ibiza and was at Space on Sunday. She said she went in at about 11pm and that the searches were very stringent. Some of them had their underwear searched. Is this normal for Space fro such strict searches? I've never really been searched going in there but i've always got there in the afternoon. I thought that perhaps they had to be seen taking action in light of whats been going on at DC10.

Thanks

i was there in june and all ok however the later u leave it the more stringent it is in my opinion

Thats what i thought. I've never tried to get in there at that time and neither had my girlfriend. Just thought i'd see if anybody on here had ever had a similar experience

Was there 3 times last week. Wasn't searched at all. Never seen anyone else being searched either.Took my camera in also. Lots of people were using cameras in front of security and the majority of the time they didn't say anything.

Must've been about 12 people standing in front of the DJ booth in the discoteca filming and taking pictures of Danny Tenaglia and there were a few security just watching.

I haven't been this year:cry: but in the past few years every time I have been to Space, no matter the time, I've always been searched- from a distracted pat-down to a pretty thorough inspection (cigarette pack/side of socks, shoes/waistband/etc.) - fortunately growing up in late-80s new york I have a lot of experience with such matters :twisted:and passed through without incident. The funny thing is every time I entered with other people I was the only one in group to be searched- I am clean-cut, well-dressed (casual but neat, no flash), 'normal' looking and each time was relatively sober- I have always been with Spanish/Puerto Rican friends... anyone else find they are profiling/searching certain nationalities? The second time it happened my friend laughed said ' they always search the white boys' (they probably thought I was British or Irish) or maybe it is yet another example of ginger persecution:x (or maybe all of us yanks look like chavs and don't realise it:eek: http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?p=1239520#post1239520 )

We were at Carl Cox the other Tuesday. I had a small bag which they glanced in but that was it. One of my friends had bra searched and also through her dress round the top of her pants. I suppose it just depends who you get.

Went on Sunday (7th Sept) to We Love, arrived about 7.45. Security seemed quite fierce straight away, asking lots of random questions to catch you out and telling you to take sunglasses off. When we got to the last line of security, me and my 2 male friends sailed straight through without a second glance but the girl we were with got a thorough search - female security called over, bra searched etc etc. Was a bit of a hairy moment for the 3 of us watching! Once inside, no problems at all, usual messy crowd and party atmosphere.

I think it varies really! sometimes I can walk straight in but I have had my wallet and fag packet searched before! At the end of the day the bouncers are just doing their jobs, i've seen a lot more stricter searches over here in the UK!

I was there on Sunday and definately thought that the searches were more stringent. As a girl, sometimes in the past I haven't been searched at all, but this time the female bouncer gave my bra a very thorough checking, right under the wire and everything - so be careful girls if you normally hide stuff in there!
My boyfriend didnt seem to think the search was any different from last year, but then guys are always searched pretty thoroughly anyway arent they?

Just be careful!

Never had more than an un-interested pat down in 8 years of going and that includes this year.

I imagine that they have to give a more thourough search to so many people out of say 100 and unless you look a wreck it's just down to chance if it's you.

Never been searched over the years going into Space, and anyone I was with only very half-heartedly. Just lucky I guess. Also tend to go there early and leave quite early too, don't know if that makes a difference. When the police are around I think they make more effort for sure.
I only ever put cash in my bra, rather than anything more interesting :lol:

hey, who cares about searches? just dont hide anything and everything will be fine! drugs suck!

:lol: Class.

I thinks it's more to do with the inconvenience and intrussion more than anything. But yeah you're right Drugs do suck, big time. And people who do drugs are suckers 8)

The first We love I went to this year, they even taste under my bra (+ wallet search).

The second We love, they went under my bra but did not open my wallet, they only tasted it to see if I had a camera (which was carefully hidden between my legs ;-)).

They search more for camera than for drugs!

The first We love I went to this year, they even taste under my bra (+ wallet search).

The second We love, they went under my bra but did not open my wallet, they only tasted it to see if I had a camera (which was carefully hidden between my legs ;-)).

They search more for camera than for drugs!

tasting under your bra?!

Just come back from Ibiza - I got searched at Space by the security chappy who asked me to empty once pocket with a camera in and wallet - he then said I could go in !! However, I spoke to a nice Geodie women outside who got had her bra searched and they asked her if she had anything before they searched her properly - she handed over what she had in her bra and they thanked her for her honesty and let her in.......

Just come back from Ibiza - I got searched at Space by the security chappy who asked me to empty once pocket with a camera in and wallet - he then said I could go in !! However, I spoke to a nice Geodie women outside who got had her bra searched and they asked her if she had anything before they searched her properly - she handed over what she had in her bra and they thanked her for her honesty and let her in.......

I think they assume that the girls will more likely carry things as there is 'less' chance of being searched, and there are more places to hide things on a girl :lol:

How was your trip, and how was Space ???

My trip was GREAT!! I'm going to write a review today!! All I know is I arrived back yesterday and after 12 hours sleep I miss to island more than ever :cry: We didnt hit many clubs this year although we did go to Space - nice club but we went far too early and the music was god damn awful!! Watch out for my review :)

Back