Space regrets...

ric

Just over 2 month left of Space now!!!!!! :(:(:(:(

What regrets do people have regarding Space??

I can think of four for myself so far...

1. Not being old enough to be able to go in the early 90's (although i did see it in '91, but i was only 12 or 13 at the time and was going to the water park with the rest of my family)...

2. Not being in a group of friends that wanted to go to Ibiza, meaning the first time i went was 2006...

3. Not seeing the open-air terrace...

4. Not seeing Carl Cox on the Sunset Terrace...

Go!

I think my only real regret concerning Space is that I didn't have a chance to say goodbye to the 'Old Space' (i.e. before they put the roof on). I took a break from Ibiza in '99 to sort my head out and go travelling and by the time I went back in '07 it had the changes we see today.:( I'm not making that mistake this time round!! :)

Ive only been there once since 96..:eek: so all my memories are of the old space that opened at 7am..:)
I stopped to go when they have covered the terrace, but I can't remember the year :confused:..
I have been maybe twice after, and for me it was a total different club.

my latest regret is that some bastard blocked MY place on the sunsetterrace - 2nd ventilator to the right from dj-booth - all night.

that bastid didn´t dance or drink or move 1 millimetre till midnight.
wasn´t looking like a clubber or something like that anyway, more a pickpocket-type.

Don't really have one tbh. I was lucky enough to dance several times on an open terrace on Sunday afternoons years ago and i had a couple of VERY messy Manumission carry ons as well as a few great nights in the last couple of years (El Row and We Love mainly)

Not been enough but the same can be said about going to Ibiza in general, only been 3 times. Carl Cox in 2012 was a good night but ended up being very messy :) and El Row in 2014 was probably my fave night in there.

Leaving after an hour of coxy on the decks last year due to a mate. Jon Rundell was on before and was in my element.... anyways

As his mate was shagging in his hotel room and he was having a "quiet one" we invited him to come to Space with us, hes a trance fan so i thought id open his eyes to some new stuff. I lend him some money after a few hours he runs out as hes spent his last bit of dough on a poxy space wristband. So had to cut our night short so he could get back.

Ive seen coxy before so didnt rub too much salt into the wound but i still get abit irrate when i think about it.

not too many regrets I have to say. I got to experience the last few years of the old terrace - we love sundays 4pm was fantastic - as well as a lot of afterhours sessions at manumission carry on and matinée. I have to say back then especially matinée was SUCH a great day out.

due to the fact me living here and working in the industry I obviously went (and am still going) to space quite often. I think I'll only start regretting not having gone even more often once it's shut.

Mine is shocking! Never going to the uncovered terrace. We always travelled out Sunday evening and went into We Love after midnight and didn't actually notice / hear they were covering it until it was too late. Was a bit blase about it really... Did experience DC10 from early Monday a lot though.

Two that spring to mind-
1. Going to pacha for Luciano in Sunday in 2010 instead of We Love. Ended up leaving pacha after 2 hours. 4 others from our group went We Love and said it was amazing. I've never been to We Love and never will now.
2. Closing party in 2012 we slept until 2 am after amnesia closing so missed the car park, we really wanted to go early but slept through all alarms. Luckily though I will get to correct this at this years closing party. No chance of sleeping in late as only arrive at midnight Saturday so early night fresh for the big day ahead.

I think my only real regret concerning Space is that I didn't have a chance to say goodbye to the 'Old Space' (i.e. before they put the roof on). I took a break from Ibiza in '99 to sort my head out and go travelling and by the time I went back in '07 it had the changes we see today.:( I'm not making that mistake this time round!! :)
Very similar to me that

1) Not yet seen Carl Cox on the sun set terrace. I went on the pukka up boat party combo ticket with a large group of friends, which included transport and early entrance to space-happy I'd finally see it. We were kept in a holding pen/ bar with pukka up dj until after 11pm or whenever Carl had finished- probably part of pukka ups deal to bring £ into the bar? Much to amusement of my friends I wouldn't buy a drink or dance- a true kid like stroop

2) Mrs deciding she wouldn't come to Carl Cox another year after a brush with the local law in San An. Bumping into a friend from home & sharing a taxi to Space...where the door staff refused us entry for being too drunk- I'd had 1 drink with a meal but my friend was tipsy! Missed lots of the night waiting on the beach for a change of door staff!

Can't wait to get back in there next month

1) Not yet seen Carl Cox on the sun set terrace. I went on the pukka up boat party combo ticket with a large group of friends, which included transport and early entrance to space-happy I'd finally see it. We were kept in a holding pen/ bar with pukka up dj until after 11pm or whenever Carl had finished- probably part of pukka ups deal to bring £ into the bar? Much to amusement of my friends I wouldn't buy a drink or dance- a true kid like stroop

2) Mrs deciding she wouldn't come to Carl Cox another year after a brush with the local law in San An. Bumping into a friend from home & sharing a taxi to Space...where the door staff refused us entry for being too drunk- I'd had 1 drink with a meal but my friend was tipsy! Missed lots of the night waiting on the beach for a change of door staff!

Can't wait to get back in there next month

Are you serious?!!?!?!? That's an absolute disgrace!!!!!!!!!!

2006, there was some of the Sundays when I was in charge of Mulletover opening up the Discoteca at 8am, where I went home at noon or 1pm with loads of drinks tokens in pockets. Just why?:spank:

No getting some photos that Sunday afternoon in 2002 when life changed and we had the best day of our young lives.

Also no getting any photos, that same day, with my good friend Justin, who died shockingly young a few years later.

I only once experienced the morning clubbing at We Love and stayed there for 17 hours with no pass-out. It was one of the most amazing experiences, I wish I could have started this sooner! I was really only going to Ibiza for family holidays prior to this apart from my first time when I stayed in San Antonio with no idea of PdB. I'd heard of Space but didn't know where it was. I did manage to go to a Manumission carry-on a few years later or something when the Terraza had no roof just one of those net things. I spent a lot of time going on family holidays to Ibiza because like the above poster I didn't have friends who wanted to go! So my biggest regret is not getting to the morning starters more times!

Reactions: ric
Back