Space Question.

whuuf

Been to Ibiza a few years in a row but never managed to get to space seeing as usually fly on sundays, but this year it looks like i'm going to be able to enjoy this experience seeing as i'm staying for 2 weeks.

Basically what time is the club open and the best time to go, and can you get reduced admission if you only want to stay during the day as I'm not really interested in the inside part of the club as the music is meant to be a bit too heavy? and I'm more into the more soulful funky side of things.

the djs on are - Bobby d Ambrosio, Groove Armada, Aldrin, Steve Lawler, Laurent Garnier, Scan X live, Layo and Bushwacka!, James Zabiela, David Phillips.
- which of these are likely to be on the terrace and are they any good. never heard groove armada live either.

If its not too expensive then I might also go on to the Defected @ El Divino - with Junior Jack and Kid Creme, Alan Thompson. anyone tried out this night also?

Thanks for any help in advance. :)

whuuf said:
the djs on are - Bobby d Ambrosio, Groove Armada, Aldrin, Steve Lawler, Laurent Garnier, Scan X live, Layo and Bushwacka!, James Zabiela, David Phillips.

Looks like you're going 7th September! See you there!

You're also staying at a gorgeous hotel and it's just down the road from mine!!!! :p

Space

Hi. I'm a newbie to the site (well actually I've been on the site a bit before but never posted)

Just been over to Ibiza (13-20 August) and really wish I could go again, but sadly I've run out of holiday at work!

I went to space on the 17th. Its a shocking 50E on the door!!! and only 5 less if you buy beforehand (although please remember to claim your free drink unlike us :cry: ) Sadly no reduction for daytime entrance, as I think this is where they make all their money, unless you go b4 10am I think, but this isn't such a good option as you don't get a wristband to go out.

On the space website I think they list who is playing on the terrace and who is inside.

I went last year and never made it to the space terrace (we stupidly went after midnight and only lasted half an hour - the music inside is just awful and it is so dark you can see anything) but I have to say that everything you have been told about the terrace is true. it blew my mind We got there at about 5 and the place was rammed.

thanks for the info thats gonna cost me a few quid so I'll probs leave defected for that night then.

didn't realise space had a website, anyways the line up for the terrace if anyone is interested is as follows.
Bobby d Ambrosio playing at breakfast and, Groove Armada, Aldrin, Steve Lawler and Laurent Garnier. didn't say if that was the order though.

so I picked a good hotel then xpander, I thought it was probably worth paying the bit extra by the description of it, although I have never stayed round that side of the bay before so I don't really know whats around the immediate area. is it nice? my gf is a vegetarian so it can be a pain finding restaurants.

what ever you do whuuf dont miss groove amarda on the terrace they rocked it a few weeks back they were on about 7pm! played a wide range of music including some oldies.. enjoy

someone was saying you can't go in and out if you pay before 10 for the reduced price, is that correct?

Just thought I'd point out that Laurent Garnier is not playing!

:( 50E's on the door-man thats whack-but well if u think about it, its yr hol & yr there to njoy & do what u want, no point in going home & wishing u had gone :!:

Smalljinx said:
:( 50E's on the door-man thats whack-but well if u think about it, its yr hol & yr there to njoy & do what u want, no point in going home & wishing u had gone :!:

you do get a wristband which allows to leave and re-enter space once.

Robo said:
Smalljinx said:

you do get a wristband which allows to leave and re-enter space once.

when i was there on the 17th, they actually gave a different armband after midnight which let you leave and re-enter a second time if you had already come and gone once earlier in the day....

whuuf said:
so I picked a good hotel then xpander, I thought it was probably worth paying the bit extra by the description of it, although I have never stayed round that side of the bay before so I don't really know whats around the immediate area. is it nice? my gf is a vegetarian so it can be a pain finding restaurants.

me and the missus are staying in the bahia at the same time as you :)

literally on the doorstep is the S'Embarcador, which i've heard very good things about. i'm sure there'll be something vegetarian on the menu.

space

It does seem really dark in there to me, but that might just be because I've been during the day when its sunny outside, so it just seems darker. also I did keep forgetting to take my sunglasses off when I went inside, which probably didn't help :rolleyes:

whuuf said:
me and the missus are staying in the bahia at the same time as you :)

literally on the doorstep is the S'Embarcador, which i've heard very good things about. i'm sure there'll be something vegetarian on the menu.

thanks for the heads up on the restaurant bpp, it looks pretty nice on the link. maybe i'll see you around the hotel then, although i'm hiring a car for a week to go down to bora bora, selinas etc, so we won't be there that much. hope the weathers good :lol:

whuuf said:

Just up the road from your hotel is Kasbah and they do gorgeous food
for every kind of taste possible!

Why are people giving out about the main room of Space, in my opinion all clubs should be dark as it can help create an amazing athmosphere. OK its completely different than the terrace but hey thats to be expected. To all those of you whoe are goin to sea Groove Armada on the terrace your in for a treat, saw them there earlier there this month on the 10th, they came on around 6pm and played for a little over two hours.

whuuf said:
thanks for the heads up on the restaurant bpp, it looks pretty nice on the link. maybe i'll see you around the hotel then, although i'm hiring a car for a week to go down to bora bora, selinas etc, so we won't be there that much. hope the weathers good :lol:

aye, we're hiring a car too, if my new driving license arrives in time... they sent it to my mum's house and she posted it on this morning. fingers crossed.

if not, you can give us a lift... ;)

whuuf said:
aye, we're hiring a car too, if my new driving license arrives in time... they sent it to my mum's house and she posted it on this morning. fingers crossed.

if not, you can give us a lift... ;)

funnily enough ive got the same problem with waiting for my license so i'm hoping it arrives today or tomorrow morning fingers crossed. If not i'm gonna have to rely on my girlfriends driving :eek:

2 days to go!!!!!

Back