Space opening time, why 21.00 for Elrow??? Also back in the day?

Pete

Hi all,

2 questions??

I know back in the day (pre 2000)...

Space was the after club, club. But what time did it used to open and close?
And was this 7 days a week or did they open some nights too???

I only ever managed it after a club night once (Manumission Millennium day 1.1.2000)
only tune from the set I remember was

Also what was and what is the Sunday thing?
Wasn't it originally something to do with the company that owned Home in London?

I seem to remember in 98ish they opened for 24 hrs on a sunday - then a bit later they had Def mix after party on a sunday morning followed by We love.

I seem to remember a story that Alfredo was due on at 12 and at 12.05 David Morarles still would not get off the decks but Alfredo kicked him off and dropped wamdue project's king of my castle

Then I know the rules changed and they started to change there times.
I seem to remember them opening at lunchtime on a Sunday.
I went in 2003 and saw Jonathan Ulysses and Danny Rampling and I think Sasha overslepped and misted his fligh so he missed his set :-?

Now I see We love opens at 19.00 - Is this due to lots of daytime competition?

and

Several nights start at 21.00 and 23.00 including Kehakuma / Elrow Ibiza and Carl Cox - Why is this as most other clubs open at 23.59?

On the nights they open at 21.00 do they close early too or at 07.30?

And answers to all 8 can be found on this forum i think if you search for them.
Thanks for such a friendly reply. This forum was a lot busier a few years ago and questions like the ones I asked would kick off a fun debate with lots of people reminiscing old Times, thank you captin buzz kill, you stay friendly in your corner there, on your own.

Unfortunately (with eternal regret) I passed up the opportunity to go to Space closing party in 2004 on my first visit. That winter they put the roof on and it was supposedly never the same again.

Space is still decent but I seem to enjoy it less and less the more I go and tbh im not up or down about ever going back. I'll go if folks im with want to go but its not the must do for me that it used to be.

Also missed the radio 1 decade in ibiza party in 2005 - also gutted about that as laurent garnier's hour is still one of my favourite mixes I have. I was sat on a balcony in san an listening to the party on local radio and opted for we love the following day for my space debut (which was also awesome but that garnier mix - ooft...https://soundcloud.com/dave-kierans/laurent-garnier-essential-mix-2005-08-14 ).

wow, closing party 04 would of been cool. I haven't been since the terrace was closed in but I seem to remember back in 2000 and 2003 it was still covered with a corrugated roof covered inside with what looked like beach mats + open sides. I have seen old footage from the 90s where there was no roof at all and you could see the planes underbelly as they flew over. cool story, I will give the mix a play tonight :) thanks for the link and reply ;-)

Space old or new?

Its still an immense club, but a shame there are very few hours one can daylight party there anymore:(

Hi all,

2 questions??

I know back in the day (pre 2000)...

Space was the after club, club. But what time did it used to open and close?
And was this 7 days a week or did they open some nights too???

Used to open at 8 for Manumission Carry on and go through to late afternoon on a Tuesday, remember Sundays were the same I think but kept going later. I never really went until about lunchtime on a Sunday though.Sunday was a 22 hour marathon when Home got involved for a couple of years (I think) 8am until 6am the next day.

There were some nights, but the day parties were the biggest. They didn't have something everyday every year, but as far I can remember it got to the point where there were parties or one off's most days.

I only ever managed it after a club night once (Manumission Millennium day 1.1.2000)
only tune from the set I remember was

Also what was and what is the Sunday thing?
Wasn't it originally something to do with the company that owned Home in London?

I seem to remember in 98ish they opened for 24 hrs on a sunday - then a bit later they had Def mix after party on a sunday morning followed by We love.

I seem to remember a story that Alfredo was due on at 12 and at 12.05 David Morarles still would not get off the decks but Alfredo kicked him off and dropped wamdue project's king of my castle

Then I know the rules changed and they started to change there times.
I seem to remember them opening at lunchtime on a Sunday.
I went in 2003 and saw Jonathan Ulysses and Danny Rampling and I think Sasha overslepped and misted his fligh so he missed his set :-?

Change of law a few years back, clubs aren't allowed to open until the afternoon and need to be shut for a certain amount of hours after they close.

and

Several nights start at 21.00 and 23.00 including Kehakuma / Elrow Ibiza and Carl Cox - Why is this as most other clubs open at 23.59?

Tends to be cheaper if you get there early, but not as busy. Just how they work I think, probably based on how they used to open.

Yes, normally about 7am, longer on special occasions.

A free Garlands white closing party back in 2002 was a genuinely special day. Started at about 2pm on the terrace and then moved inside at 12. Easily in my top couple of nights out in the last 25 years of raving. Like catching that special wave if you are a surfer. The reason I still 'surf'!

Space was a beautiful place on an early afternoon. So cool, friendly and happy people everywhere.
Ulysses' sets where dynamite. Really does put a smile on ma face thinking about those times :D
Never made an afters. Woke up once by the Hotel Garbi pool with no money and no idea why or how I was there and then found a Manu Carry On ticket in my pocket. My leg was sunburnt to f*** so decided to get back to Gran Sol somehow.
Remember Home doin the full Sunday thing. Did they fold and We Love take over?

I am sure I remember seeing a flyer from 1998 - 99 white background and a time line (a bit like the tube map) of who was playing and when on a Sunday at space. I remember looking at it and thinking "22 hrs, they must of made a mistake" 22hrs, that's pretty mad :)

and

I think they still open a little earlier than normal to try to catch a bit of early sunset terrace action.

But that's just a guess.

Hi Pete Looks like you enjoy House music..can join my world on Fb..i will give you info for House djs(not superstar one) i will see if im back to the island
Space on the afternoon .Bora bora the morning aroun 10.00 am .memories...Matinée party the area their music was good quality with Jose Louis Chus Soler residents...the music was better this area :p more tribal :)

Last edited:
Back