Space Closing 2016

andrewthemod_1978

Sorry that we havent reached this year closing parties yet but looking for a rough estimated date for next years closing party. My wife is wanting to book up next years already, so far we have a week scheduled for the first week in July, we are away to madeira in august for 2 weeks & for my birthday we were looking to come back for the space closing party...looking at the party cal over the years, its roughly the first weekend in oct.....so i would fly on the 1st for the ushuaia closing party then space on the 2nd (want to experience the car park)....any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated as my wife is doing my head in on booking...HRH is 1300 for the week for the both of us which is good value....

Interesting, I thought they may go to the following week this year! i.e. 09 October with this being their big bow out! Seems not...

I thought this would be the case, hence why i was holding off booking! got stung last year with the opening party so didn't want that to happen again.

Dates can be changed though....and have done in the past.

They may say that's the date but who knows

Historically (at least - from looking at previous party calendars) they've had the closing party the night after pure pacha and amnesia closing. Pacha have already announced the PP closing is on the 8th - so I wonder if space might actually change to the 9th? (also going from Stivi's rumour...)

This is the quandary...I'm also wondering about Cocoon closing, will that be pushed later to compensate for a later than normal closing. Puzzling if Space closing really is 2nd October...you'd think they'd want to be one of the last.

Stivi do you think we'll be waiting a month or two still before we know for sure?

Historically (at least - from looking at previous party calendars) they've had the closing party the night after pure pacha and amnesia closing. Pacha have already announced the PP closing is on the 8th - so I wonder if space might actually change to the 9th? (also going from Stivi's rumour...)

Pacha extended the season for some nights last season - Solomun didn't close until 11 October for example. Already Pure Pacha and Guetta are closing 06/10 and 08.10 respectively this year. My massive guess (for what it's worth), and reading into what Stivi is saying is that there will be two closing weekends - so take your pick as to which one you want! So my guess (and it is that) is that you'd have Ushuaia & Space on 01-02 October and then maybe Amnesia Closing the following weekend (08 Oct), with Solomun/Pacha closing on 09 Oct. No idea where DC10 would fit into this, but maybe they go late too! I mean Space Closing is going to be a messy affair.....probably going on and on until the cops drag Coxy & Pepe out of the DJ Booth sometime Tuesday! Whhat are the authorities going to do - close them down? ;)

So would that mean potentially that we have Space closing and Cocoon closing on the same weekend?

So would that mean potentially that we have Space closing and Cocoon closing on the same weekend?

That would be a 19 week season if Cocoon did go to 03 October. The longest they've ever done is 18. Who knows. We are all guessing at moment.

Yes my dear Mr_Why but this forthcoming season is going to break all molds, I can feel it in my bones! Think the unthinkable!

Could this end up being a massive let down? Half of Europe is going to want to come to this final send off it has potential to be absolutely shit :rolleyes:
Add that to possibility of extreme ticket prices ie 150-200 euros and then there is selling of tickets will spotlight sell online? Will they have a cut off for tickets sold? I think I'd rather not go of it's going to be such a crush it's not enjoyable, that said I've got 4 of us already itching to book the flights for the final send off:oops:
Rather do cocoon closing then space send off with ultimate crush and non friendly vibe.... Hmmmm

If they don't do passout it might be worth going in at midnight as I can see this one going on and on and on..

Could this end up being a massive let down? Half of Europe is going to want to come to this final send off it has potential to be absolutely shit :rolleyes:
Add that to possibility of extreme ticket prices ie 150-200 euros and then there is selling of tickets will spotlight sell online? Will they have a cut off for tickets sold? I think I'd rather not go of it's going to be such a crush it's not enjoyable, that said I've got 4 of us already itching to book the flights for the final send off:oops:
Rather do cocoon closing then space send off with ultimate crush and non friendly vibe.... Hmmmm

Thats my thoughts on it. Can't be arsed with being crushed in clubs anymore and closing was always busy in the clubs. Im planning on going a few weeks earlier I think.

I would just spend the final night walking around crying so gonna go a few weeks earlier :)

Have to be honest, I'd probably be the same. I sometimes hate those "last times" at a club. I lived in The End London in my 20s. The worst thing I ever did was go to the last party! I had a blast the months before it closed and then the last party was weird. People were almost too emotional to enjoy it. That's my slight fear with the last few weeks of Space....

Back