Space and Dc10 closings in just over 4 weeks !!! Whos in?

I'll be there, although will have to leave at about 1am to catch my flight! Nightmare :(

2nd - Sirocco, then Ibiza Underground
3rd - Sankeys
4th - Ocean Beach followed by Insane @ Pacha (VIP)
5th - Amnesia (Possibly Ushuaia before)
6th - Bora Bora, then Space

I have a lot of bills to pay for this month and after the last week it's financially not very viable but I am contemplating the Friday, Saturday and Sunday for Amnesia and Space, flying home on the Monday. A mixture of ebay sales, major cut backs and some possible good fortune might just make this happen.

Feels like an age since I last visited the forum.. Not doing the Closing Parties proper which is a little gutting, but still out between 29th Sept-4th Oct. Rough schedule for the week is:

Sun - We Love Closing
Mon - Defected at the Tower Closing, maybe Cocoon Closing (will depend on funds more than anything)
Tue - probably Ibiza Town for drinks, maybe venture over to West End
Wed - tINI & the Gang Closing, then either Fuse Closing or Wisdom of the Glove Closing
Thu - sunset then either Circus Closing or FMIF Closing

None of the above is really set in stone other than We Love, which we indeed to head straight to after dumping our bags, & tINI & the Gang, but a few questions:

Wednesday night after Sirocco - swaying towards Wisdom of the Glove as I was at the Opening Party & thought it was quality. Love Gerber's sound. So it'd really be a poignant end to the 2013 Season for me. Interested to hear how has this party progressed throughout the season? Seen some reports saying it's been on-point, other's saying it's been disappointing.

Fuse is the other option, but as we are already going to be seeing tINI & co. on the beach during the day it'd be a very similar line-up. Also, as much as I love Sankeys - and it is great - for me it is just an underground UK club that just happens to be in Ibiza. Plus it is criminally under airconditioned in my opinion. Some people think that adds to the atmosphere. For me, it just makes things unbearably uncomfortable. I've been in nights at Space & Pacha where it has been very over-crowded and not felt nearly as hot as in Sankeys. Also seen they've had a few hiccups with power failures this year - not that I would let that alone sway my decision.

Thursday - will probably come down to what we do the night before ie. we won't wanna go to Pacha 2 nights on the trot.

I know - in particular for a lot of people on these forums - Guetta's night is their idea of hell and a place to avoid. Personally, although I might never chose to listen to that kind of music, it doesn't really bother me. I will have a good night regardless. And some of our group have quite a commercial palate, so this would be compromise for them also.

Might be worth mentioning that as well as being our last proper night this is also my B'day, and we had planned to go for out for decent meal prior to heading out, so potentially going to the Pacha restaurant beforehand is an option, especially if it means not forking out €€€ on club admission.

The only other real alternative to the above is Yousef's night at Booom. Would have liked to have gone this season just to check it out, and have never had a bad night at a Yousef gig. Obviously the issues Booom have encountered this season have been well documented. We also have a few friends out working the season, and their verdict when questioned is:

"nobody goes there"

I'm sure this isn't the case, and is probably just a worker's perspective, but seeing as this is our last night on the island we would like to go somewhere that is quite busy with a lively atmosphere. It'd be a bit of an anti-climax if the last night was a bit flat.

All feedback welcome. Like I said, that is a loose schedule. We're not getting tied-down and committed to any night until we're out there, and just gonna go with the flow. Money isn't really gonna be an issue, but at the same time we won't be throwing it away for the sake of it.

]
I know - in particular for a lot of people on these forums - Guetta's night is their idea of hell and a place to avoid. Personally, although I might never chose to listen to that kind of music, it doesn't really bother me. I will have a good night regardless. And some of our group have quite a commercial palate, so this would be compromise for them also.

Might be worth mentioning that as well as being our last proper night this is also my B'day, and we had planned to go for out for decent meal prior to heading out, so potentially going to the Pacha restaurant beforehand is an option, especially if it means not forking out €€€ on club admission.

iwwww, my birthday too :D

I arrive the day after (the 4th).

We were thinking of arriving on the 2nd of October, going to Wisdom closing.... then... by the time we get there would be the third... and my birthday. if that makes sense?

Wisdom of the gloves lineup for that night is brilliant, I wouldn't miss that if I were you. Love Tini, but will be cooler to catch her on the beach.

I understand what you are saying about pacha overkill, so maybe sankeys on thursday for Oxia and Technasia?

iwwww, my birthday too :D

Wisdom of the gloves lineup for that night is brilliant, I wouldn't miss that if I were you. Love Tini, but will be cooler to catch her on the beach.

I understand what you are saying about pacha overkill, so maybe sankeys on thursday for Oxia and Technasia?

Don't really know much about Oxia, although 'Domino' is one of my fav ever techno tracks!

Just seen that Circus is no longer listed on party calendar or indeed any other website, so I'm guessing that night's been pulled :( Shame, but makes the decision a little easier i guess.

Sankeys will have to be on the cards one night then!

Magda at WOFG pretty much seals that!

And I planned on celebrating my b'day from the 2nd too right through to the 4th too ;)

Feels like an age since I last visited the forum.. Not doing the Closing Parties proper which is a little gutting, but still out between 29th Sept-4th Oct. Rough schedule for the week is:

Sun - We Love Closing
Mon - Defected at the Tower Closing, maybe Cocoon Closing (will depend on funds more than anything)
Tue - probably Ibiza Town for drinks, maybe venture over to West End
Wed - tINI & the Gang Closing, then either Fuse Closing or Wisdom of the Glove Closing
Thu - sunset then either Circus Closing or FMIF Closing

None of the above is really set in stone other than We Love, which we indeed to head straight to after dumping our bags, & tINI & the Gang, but a few questions:

Wednesday night after Sirocco - swaying towards Wisdom of the Glove as I was at the Opening Party & thought it was quality. Love Gerber's sound. So it'd really be a poignant end to the 2013 Season for me. Interested to hear how has this party progressed throughout the season? Seen some reports saying it's been on-point, other's saying it's been disappointing.

Fuse is the other option, but as we are already going to be seeing tINI & co. on the beach during the day it'd be a very similar line-up. Also, as much as I love Sankeys - and it is great - for me it is just an underground UK club that just happens to be in Ibiza. Plus it is criminally under airconditioned in my opinion. Some people think that adds to the atmosphere. For me, it just makes things unbearably uncomfortable. I've been in nights at Space & Pacha where it has been very over-crowded and not felt nearly as hot as in Sankeys. Also seen they've had a few hiccups with power failures this year - not that I would let that alone sway my decision.

Thursday - will probably come down to what we do the night before ie. we won't wanna go to Pacha 2 nights on the trot.

The only other real alternative to the above is Yousef's night at Booom. Would have liked to have gone this season just to check it out, and have never had a bad night at a Yousef gig. Obviously the issues Booom have encountered this season have been well documented. We also have a few friends out working the season, and their verdict when questioned is:

"nobody goes there"

I'm sure this isn't the case, and is probably just a worker's perspective, but seeing as this is our last night on the island we would like to go somewhere that is quite busy with a lively atmosphere. It'd be a bit of an anti-climax if the last night was a bit flat.

All feedback welcome. Like I said, that is a loose schedule. We're not getting tied-down and committed to any night until we're out there, and just gonna go with the flow. Money isn't really gonna be an issue, but at the same time we won't be throwing it away for the sake of it.

We are heading out on the 28th, like you the only thing set in stone is we love on Sunday, the rest of the week we'll go with it.

Just seen that Circus is no longer listed on party calendar or indeed any other website, so I'm guessing that night's been pulled :( Shame, but makes the decision a little easier i guess.

Just seen Defected at the Tower is off too. Gonna have to deviate from the schedule regardless now!

I'm going on Saturday for one week. I want to do just one club night (trying to take it easy - famous last words!!)... which one should I do??

DC10 lineup looks amazing, but I'm not too sure I want to be jammed in like a sardine all night.

I've never done Amnesia closing... thinking maybe this is my best option?

becki - agreed the circoloco closing lineup is ridiculously good, but dc10 will certainly be PACKED.

amnesia closing or space would be good alternatives i'd say!

Back