Southport Weekender!!!!

Barbie

Well kids I'm back, just about in one piece altho definitely left a few braincells in Southport :rolleyes: What can I say the weekend was abolutely fab, just wish I could do it all again.

We left really early Friday morning and thank god we did, I had some friends coming up from London who left at 11 and there was so many accidents on the M6 it took them 8/9 hours to get there :rolleyes:

The Pontins site is just outside Southport and when we driving thru the wilderness I thought OMG where the funk have I come to :confused: It was definitely an experience for Tom used to his Fancy London lifestyle lol :p

We checked in and I was absolutely dreading the chalets, that's the one reason why I have never been to a Weekender but to be honest with you they're not that bad, ok I wouldn't choose to spend a week there but they more than do the job. They're pretty basic but I would put them on a par with Jet apartments so not too bad.

Got on the wine about 2pm in the pub over the road to warm me up nicely, then got ready for the Friday night event. Simon Dunmore from Defected was the first person we saw, just got the place warmed up nicely. The the legend that is Norman Jay, Norman we salute you :D Then I think it was Joey Negro, definitely one of the sets of the weekend. Then the night gets a bit hazy, Brain Tappert played at the end I think.

We ran (and I mean literally ran) back to the chalet on Saturday morning, there's no cloakrooms so the sub-zero temperatures at that time of the morning were definitely a wake-up call. Got back to the chalet, could not sleep to save my life, tried the usual drink myself into a coma with wine trick but even that wasn't working. Ended up getting a bit of kip, then woke up and back on the wine.

Saturday night was the main event for us, first of all saw Phil Asher who plays for Soul Heaven and he delivered the goods as per normal. Then it was Masters at Work, absolute legends. They played together for most of the night and took in soulful house, tribal, hip hop, you name it. I was pleased to see that Kenny is still embracing food, he's definitely put on more weight since last time I saw him, I tell you he is 5x the size of Louie at the moment :eek: :p Also he had his usual crew of Homeboys round the decks, at one point he went proper into hip-hop mode, 50 Cents, Beyonce etc and I thought his homeboys had kidnapped poor Louie :p :lol: ;)

I can't remember for the life of me who played after MAW, need to look at the set times again :confused: but kept me on the dancefloor. And then Kerri Chandler was closing Saturday night. OMG Kerri we salute you. It was like he was playing 'Sar's favourite tunes' just for me :p Promised Land, To be in Love, Knight of the Jaguar, Where Love Lives, Big Love etc etc, it finished the night off in perfect style-eeeee for me :D And then he finished as per normal singing a song for us, Kerri we love you (and your little wooly hat :D )

So didn't want the night to finish so went back to our chalet for a little carry on ready for the afternoon sesh. Got back and the electricity had gone so we walked to report it to security, you could tell they thought I was some funked dizzy tart but they said would send security over. We end up sitting in our chalet for 2 hours without electricity :rolleyes: and believe me there is only so much to do sat in freezing temperatures with no music or anything :rolleyes: I had to get on the poppers just to keep me warm lol :p

Finally got it sorted, checked out early afternoon and went for the final sesh. Proper quality soulful house, you can't beat dancing on a Sunday afternoon, it was just like being in Space :p It finished about 5.30pm, soooo didn't want it to finish, I had a good few hours left in me but we sadly made our way back to the car and then we needed to drive to Southport cos we had hotel for Sunday night.

I can't believe the hotel actually let me in, it was quite a fancy hotel and by this time I had lost the ability to speak but bless the poor receptionist she humoured me :oops: Aren't things difficult when you're funked :rolleyes: we couldn't even find our room and ended up in the basement of the hotel where a member of staff had to show us to our room cos for the life of us we could'nt find it :oops:

Tried and embraced eating on Sunday night cos had been without food since Friday :rolleyes: again I'm surprised that they let us into restaurant cos the words 'not fit for public viewing' would be the only things to describe me. Ate, drank more wine, went back to hotel and drank more wine, passed out late last night.

And then got back sometime this afternoon, so glad I have got a Keeper cos he drove cos there was no way I would have been allowed behind a wheel :eek:

So all in all a fab fab weekend. Will definitely be going again, would recommend it to everyone. In general a really good crowd and everyone was so friendly.

Got snapped for a couple of magazines so my mug will probably be popping up again and also got interviewed for a TV show on Sunday afternoon, this bloke asked me about my boots (cos I had big furry snow boots on) and I tried to think of some witty response which just wasn't happening so I started babbling on, realised I was making no sense and ended up running away from him much to his amusement while he tried to chase me :oops: Let's hope that doesn't appear anywhere :p

The next on is May 8/9/10, hope to see some of yous there :D

Sounded really good, I've not done a weekener since Seduction in 1999, we stayed in a cavervan, wasn't much but good enough to chill out in after..

Seduction also has a water party in the day, gets messy but's a real good laugh.

Will def consider doing another weekender soon, sounds like you had a top time..

you must be felling it now, I went out saturday (without the misses, which is normally a bad move) and am still paying for it, my mouth is wothout any skin and I can just about swallow, Becki wont give me no sympathy :(

Sounds superb Barbie. I do admire your stamina. :D

I got embarrassingly drunk on Friday night. You know, that awfulstate where you meet quite a nice bloke, but totally funk it up by asking them their name every five seconds. Or is that just me? :oops:

Saturday and Sunday I spent with my folks, getting fed and pampered. I thought of you as I stuffed myself with roast dinner, but there were no leftovers I'm afraid (not by the time I'd finished with it). :D

lynch said:
Sounded really good, I've not done a weekener since Seduction in 1999, we stayed in a cavervan, wasn't much but good enough to chill out in after..

Seduction also has a water party in the day, gets messy but's a real good laugh.

Will def consider doing another weekender soon, sounds like you had a top time..

you must be felling it now, I went out saturday (without the misses, which is normally a bad move) and am still paying for it, my mouth is wothout any skin and I can just about swallow, Becki wont give me no sympathy :(

Yeah would def recommend Southport, I can't believe I haven't gone for years cos I was put off by the chalets, I need to remember my northern roots lol :p ;)

Holly G said:
Sounds superb Barbie. I do admire your stamina. :D

I got embarrassingly drunk on Friday night. You know, that awfulstate where you meet quite a nice bloke, but totally funk it up by asking them their name every five seconds. Or is that just me? :oops:

Saturday and Sunday I spent with my folks, getting fed and pampered. I thought of you as I stuffed myself with roast dinner, but there were no leftovers I'm afraid (not by the time I'd finished with it). :D

PMSL @ you and the nice bloke's name, don't worry it happens to me all the time but normally it's my name I forget, that's why I have to wear a chain with the initial S on it round my neck so that in desperate times it at least gives me a clue :p

I would have died for some of your Sunday roast, the hotel we were staying at on Sunday night, we had a carvery included but it was a really fancy hotel and Tom didn't think I was fit for public viewing :rolleyes: :confused: probably in part to do with the fact that I was wearing his woolly hat and was a gibbering wreck :oops: so he took me to a dark Pizzeria instead where I could be hidden away in the corner lol :p

I was in liverpool last night, there werre still casualites from Southport all over the show :eek:

I just answered on this post but now the post has vanished?!?!?!?

lynch said:

you must be feeling it now, I went out saturday (without the misses, which is normally a bad move) and am still paying for it, my mouth is wothout any skin and I can just about swallow, Becki wont give me no sympathy :(

Maybe if you had gone out with "the missus" you wouldnt be in such a state now!! Tssssk!
And you've passed on your germs to me now, so I'm the one who should be getting sympathy!
*coughs and sneezes* :(

Beckiboo said:
Maybe if you had gone out with "the missus" you wouldnt be in such a state now!! Tssssk!
And you've passed on your germs to me now, so I'm the one who should be getting sympathy!
*coughs and sneezes* :(

Lol, you tell him Becky :lol: ;)

I have the greatest b l oody sympathy Barbie ... cos we have ALL been there from time to time ...

I am so glad you had a great weekend my girlie ...... XX

Errrr ... a very sneaky husband of Saffy here

I am soooo envious as the Southport weekender has always appealed to me.

Sounded like an absolute cracker

Loved reading it , hope you are OK now , Take care

Back