Soul heaven or garlands?

B

Bling10

I definetly wanna check out pin-up this year and was wondering what u ppl reccomend.....soul heaven or garlands? Ps funky house is my thing by the way. C u Aug 2nd-16th 8)

I would have said soul heaven because Garlands looks like it might be a cheese fest but my perception of soul heaven when I was out there is that it is failing miserably. We met the promotor and he's now opening the place at 10pm (considering the terrace shuts at midnight, it you're after an outdoor Space vibe then you're barking up the wrong tree) after which the night retreats indoors.
Garlands is much more popular however.

I had one of my bestest nights at Soul Heaven for Opening with Kerri Chandler, altho it wasn't that busy, but then they had done very little in way of promotion or PR. Shame really cos some of the line-ups they've got there are unbelievable.

Music-wise, I'd plump for Soulheaven. Garlands in Liverpool went a bit burberry brigade a couple of years back although it might not be the same in Ibiza.

I'm also not really a fan of trance and hard house which seems to be the order of the day at Garlands.

But the fancy dress element does look rather fun!

Garlands in Ibiza is anything but Burberry boys

The Friday nights in Liverpool got all the scallys going because a few local DJ's played but the Saturday nights have always been strictly traditional Garlands which the nights in Ibiza are.

Think it is hard house but with some funky house thrown in too

Went to the Garlands opening party, which was good.

Terrace opens at 4pm, but didn't get going till about 6:30. The residents knocked out some cool funky tunes till midnight.

After midnight the terrace closes and everything moves inside for hard house, so if that's not your thing then just do as I did and go to Miss Moneypennys at El Divino.

Oh and all the Garlands parties are themed, and a lot of people dress up, which does help the atmosphere along.

Have a look at www.galandsonline.com for a list of themes.

On the other hand Soul Heaven does have some good line ups.

But then at 20 euros to get in it's the cheapest club on the island.....why not do both..... :D

do both ;)

am def gonna do soul heavan as have brill line ups

but also need my hard house fix @ garlands

so get the best of both worlds :D :p ;)

Neil said:
Garlands in Ibiza is anything but Burberry boys

Pleased to hear it. One mate said that the one in Liverpool became a bit of a nightmare (before it burnt down) because of this.

Might give it a go....

I know the promoters and they said Soul Heaven wasn't too busy when it opened but has picked up now, a lot of the nights were struggling though at the end of June apparently.

They now open the terrace at 7pm-12pm for Soul Heaven, then inside is open until 6am.

I much prefer the music at Soul Heaven as its my thing, but the Garlands closing party last year was quality, they did keep it funky during the day, inside the club later on however will be hard house etc.

I'll be at Soul Heaven though, next week and the week after.

Think its gonna have to be garlands to moneypennies then soul heaven to subliminal....gonna be a painfull few days on the wallet, especially after we love and dc-10, OUCH!!

garlands got burnt down cause of club got jealous of it

garlands in liverpool it wicked

everyone is happy and thats whats it all bout no burberry shirts.

even thou its in the state which use to be scally club

but saturday is always kicking

Re: garlands got burnt down cause of club got jealous of it

john33 said:
garlands in liverpool it wicked

everyone is happy and thats whats it all bout no burberry shirts.

even thou its in the state which use to be scally club

but saturday is always kicking

True dat.

Elrobbie said:
I know the promoters and they said Soul Heaven wasn't too busy when it opened but has picked up now, a lot of the nights were struggling though at the end of June apparently.

They now open the terrace at 7pm-12pm for Soul Heaven, then inside is open until 6am

Actually, the event I was talking about took place on the 16th July. :confused:

Back