Sonus Croatia 2019

L

LuckyBlueSuit

Happy Christmas and New Year all. As usual on Christmas night I find myself thinking of summer holidays. This year maybe a year off Ibiza for us after a very average 2018 so we are looking at Croatia.

Does anyone know when the Sonus event line ups will be announced? Djs are confirmed but not the dates or venues and decent, local accommodation looks to be at a premium.

Has anyone done this festival before and got any feedback?

I went last year after around 5 years of it being on my to-do list! I can't remember exactly when actual day line-ups were released but have a feeling it was quite late (April/May?) In terms of accommodation, I left this very late to book (July). It was just me and one friend and we were originally going to book an Air BnB but they all looked very far away from the festival/Novalja. Instead we booked using the festival's website and booked 2 bed room in the most basic accommodation in Novalja (they don't tell you the exact place until you go to the meeting point at the bus station in Novalja). Think we paid £200 each for staying the Sunday - Thursday. We flew at 6am on the Sunday morning to Split airport and met two friends who flew from Manchester at the airport. We shared a taxi which I think was €40 or €50 each. There were coaches from the airport but I was glad to be able to get on a taxi straight away rather than wait for 2 hours for a bus which would probably have went quite slow as well. It took us about 1.5 hours to get to Novalja taking in some nice scenery on the way! The two friends from Manchester were staying in a very nice apartment in the centre of Novalja which they had booked on booking.com but which cost around £1,000. My friend and I went to the meeting point at the bus station and they put us in a mini-bus with other people to drop us all off at our accommodation. They left us at a place called the Moon Rocks hostel. It looked fairly clean but there was really loud music from the pool area and I could just tell that this place was going to be loud all the time. there was about 30 people trying to check in at the same time. They gave us shots whilst we waited but it was clear there had been a mess-up and that the place was overbooked. we met people who had stayed the night before as well who said there was 6 people to each room. I really wasn't looking forward to it to be honest as it reminded me of a rowdier Pisces Park in San Antonio. I could do it if I was 18 but not now! After a few hours of waiting around, they told me and my friend that they had overbooked but that they would find us something else. The minibus collected us again and they dropped us off at an apartment right in the centre of Novalja. We were really quite lucky. The flat was quite old fashioned but we each had a huge bedroom to ourselves, a proper kitchen and bathroom. The landlady lived in the flat next door if we ever needed anything (although she didn't speak any English) and she didn't complain at all when we had friends over for pre drinks and our music on. The friends who had the nice apartment even said that their place wasn't as big and in terms of what we paid, we got a bargain. They also weren't allowed to bring people over to their apartment for drinks so we were glad to have our place to have that! To get to and from the festival we just got taxis and Ubers and it cost approximately the equivalent of £8-£10 each way. There was a shuttle bus that ran throughout the day and night but friends who had been before told me that they bought the weekly shuttle bus ticket and rarely used it as the last thing you want to do after partying is to wait for a bus with 30 other people. Really enjoyed the festival. Drinks etc in the clubs were cheaper than Ibiza but just standard UK club prices. Weather was amazing. The crowd is mainly Italian but quite a lot of brits, Germans and French as well. I flew home from Zadar airport which is much closer to Novalja (but slightly more expensive to fly from and less availability than Split airport). I probably wouldn't go back to Sonus again as I would like to try other festivals although if I was to do it again I would maybe spend a few days in Split as I've heard it's really nice and fun. I spent the last day in Zadar before our flight and while it was nice, there wasn't a great amount of things to do.
Apologies for the long reply!

I went last year after around 5 years of it being on my to-do list! I can't remember exactly when actual day line-ups were released but have a feeling it was quite late (April/May?) In terms of accommodation, I left this very late to book (July). It was just me and one friend and we were originally going to book an Air BnB but they all looked very far away from the festival/Novalja. Instead we booked using the festival's website and booked 2 bed room in the most basic accommodation in Novalja (they don't tell you the exact place until you go to the meeting point at the bus station in Novalja). Think we paid £200 each for staying the Sunday - Thursday. We flew at 6am on the Sunday morning to Split airport and met two friends who flew from Manchester at the airport. We shared a taxi which I think was €40 or €50 each. There were coaches from the airport but I was glad to be able to get on a taxi straight away rather than wait for 2 hours for a bus which would probably have went quite slow as well. It took us about 1.5 hours to get to Novalja taking in some nice scenery on the way! The two friends from Manchester were staying in a very nice apartment in the centre of Novalja which they had booked on booking.com but which cost around £1,000. My friend and I went to the meeting point at the bus station and they put us in a mini-bus with other people to drop us all off at our accommodation. They left us at a place called the Moon Rocks hostel. It looked fairly clean but there was really loud music from the pool area and I could just tell that this place was going to be loud all the time. there was about 30 people trying to check in at the same time. They gave us shots whilst we waited but it was clear there had been a mess-up and that the place was overbooked. we met people who had stayed the night before as well who said there was 6 people to each room. I really wasn't looking forward to it to be honest as it reminded me of a rowdier Pisces Park in San Antonio. I could do it if I was 18 but not now! After a few hours of waiting around, they told me and my friend that they had overbooked but that they would find us something else. The minibus collected us again and they dropped us off at an apartment right in the centre of Novalja. We were really quite lucky. The flat was quite old fashioned but we each had a huge bedroom to ourselves, a proper kitchen and bathroom. The landlady lived in the flat next door if we ever needed anything (although she didn't speak any English) and she didn't complain at all when we had friends over for pre drinks and our music on. The friends who had the nice apartment even said that their place wasn't as big and in terms of what we paid, we got a bargain. They also weren't allowed to bring people over to their apartment for drinks so we were glad to have our place to have that! To get to and from the festival we just got taxis and Ubers and it cost approximately the equivalent of £8-£10 each way. There was a shuttle bus that ran throughout the day and night but friends who had been before told me that they bought the weekly shuttle bus ticket and rarely used it as the last thing you want to do after partying is to wait for a bus with 30 other people. Really enjoyed the festival. Drinks etc in the clubs were cheaper than Ibiza but just standard UK club prices. Weather was amazing. The crowd is mainly Italian but quite a lot of brits, Germans and French as well. I flew home from Zadar airport which is much closer to Novalja (but slightly more expensive to fly from and less availability than Split airport). I probably wouldn't go back to Sonus again as I would like to try other festivals although if I was to do it again I would maybe spend a few days in Split as I've heard it's really nice and fun. I spent the last day in Zadar before our flight and while it was nice, there wasn't a great amount of things to do.
Brilliant feedback @paddy91 , much appreciated

Happy Christmas and New Year all. As usual on Christmas night I find myself thinking of summer holidays. This year maybe a year off Ibiza for us after a very average 2018 so we are looking at Croatia.

Does anyone know when the Sonus event line ups will be announced? Djs are confirmed but not the dates or venues and decent, local accommodation looks to be at a premium.

Has anyone done this festival before and got any feedback?

So i haven't done Sonus, but i did do Love International for a few days which is a little more my speed so I'm slightly familiar with Croatia itself. I would say Croatia is well worth giving a shot, food/drinks are very cheap and the atmosphere and country itself is really worth seeing. As for Novalja it's a pain in the ass to get to, I would fly into Zadar airport and unless you are planning to go to Sonus everyday, it may even be worth staying in Zadar (as you can get really nice accommodation for cheap. Happy to try and help with any Croatia related questions, but again as for Sonus itself it's foreign to me.

So i haven't done Sonus, but i did do Love International for a few days which is a little more my speed so I'm slightly familiar with Croatia itself. I would say Croatia is well worth giving a shot, food/drinks are very cheap and the atmosphere and country itself is really worth seeing. As for Novalja it's a pain in the ass to get to, I would fly into Zadar airport and unless you are planning to go to Sonus everyday, it may even be worth staying in Zadar (as you can get really nice accommodation for cheap. Happy to try and help with any Croatia related questions, but again as for Sonus itself it's foreign to me.
Many thanks @Chris L , much appreciated. Will take you up on the questions offer closer to decision time. The main thing putting me off is getting there, it looks to be a massive ball ache and we don’t have a lot of time to waste as we are on a grand parents pass out from the kids.

Tech to me is tech house..surely there's no tech house at fusion..:confused:

have a look through their 2018 line up, there are certainly a few DJs that usually play a bit of tech house. I understand what you mean about it not being a festival famous for it, but it's neither completely devoid of it I think

Love international looked so good last year. Deep in the bowels of house.

Harder for me to convince people to go though, friends don't need much convincing to choose ibiza

Were taxi/ubers fairly easy to get?

Same question applies for small ziplock baggies.

Were taxi/ubers fairly easy to get?

Same question applies for small ziplock baggies.
Yes Uber’s were very easy to get as we’re normal licenced taxis. Not much difference in price. dont quote me on it but think baggies were all ziplocks!

Yes Uber’s were very easy to get as we’re normal licenced taxis. Not much difference in price. dont quote me on it but think baggies were all ziplocks!

But we’re those baggies easy to get and we’re the contents good?

Being extremely cryptic here :lol:

Back