Sonar + Off Sonar

ignite77

Anyone here done sonar before?

Going for the first time - thinking of doing drumcode first then hitting the main festival.

What is it like doing both? Venues seem to be pretty close to each.

Easy to get supplies out there?

Yep, I'm there quite regularly.

From Drumcode to the Sonar Day events is just a few minutes, but also the night event is reachable with a short walk (half an hour?). Public transport in BCN is also very goods (buy the T10 ticket --> 10 rides for about 10€).

The Drumcode venue itself is amazing (Poble Espanyol), nevertheless the volume restriction at the main venue is quite annoying. I personally prefer the smaller floors, but they are hosted by Rush Hour & Detroit Love on this day. Last year the Innervisions event was fabulous (especially the smaller floors), I can recommend if you like this kind of music (there are also a few techno acts on the lineup like dettmann).

The "Off Events" at Poble Espanyol are also organized from the sonar team btw ;).

Ah what are the sound restrictions like? Do they make it a bit rubbish? Can you get access to other events?

How busy do those Poble Espanyol events get? I’m off for the Innervisions one but seen a couple of videos where it looks a bit unbearable.

How busy do those Poble Espanyol events get? I’m off for the Innervisions one but seen a couple of videos where it looks a bit unbearable.
Went last year and was decent. Packed but nothing too ridiculous. Had 3 stages which meant there was some good space on the dance floor depending on who you saw (Trikk was very busy). However when Dixon and Ame came on it got very busy on main stage (as expected). Would advise getting in early on main stage to get a good spot.

Last edited:
Went last year and was decent. Packed but nothing two ridiculous. Had 3 stages which meant there was some good space on the dance floor depending on who you saw (Trikk was very busy). However when Dixon and Ame came on it got very busy on main stage (as expected). Would advise getting in early on main stage to get a good spot.

Yep. At the Innervisions event they closed some stages when they were too full. But no stage felt overcrowded, more security reasons...

Looks like dates for next year Sonar / Off Sonar / Off Week are out and it’s June ~19-22nd ... have booked for Diynamic and Innervisions dates 20th / 21st

Back