Solomun +1 @ PACHA 2023 - Reviews & Reports

Great review. Not even sure I’ve done 3 nights in a row at Pacha, and they used to call me Mr Pacha 😎
Was tempted with Holo to break up venues but Flower Power was the "wife's night" so couldn't ditch it.

She was never really into the dance scene but she really enjoyed Solumun & Jamie and then the Funky Room last night which was more dance than funky. They had a couple of female DJs playing who she was fangirling over 🙂

Also staying a short walk away so can avoid the taxi stress!

Tad tired this morning after the "mellow" night (nice bocadillo in the port area with the sun coming up though) and this has veered away from the title subject. I'll try and do a trip review at the end of the trip.

Was tempted with Holo to break up venues but Flower Power was the "wife's night" so couldn't ditch it.

She was never really into the dance scene but she really enjoyed Solumun & Jamie and then the Funky Room last night which was more dance than funky. They had a couple of female DJs playing who she was fangirling over 🙂

Also staying a short walk away so can avoid the taxi stress!

Tad tired this morning after the "mellow" night (nice bocadillo in the port area with the sun coming up though) and this has veered away from the title subject. I'll try and do a trip review at the end of the trip.
I just decided to go to solomun closing because of your review, Dixon and solomun should be a good one

I was one of the ones that wasn't impressed with his 2022 sound and haven't gone back to his night since. This was my favourite pacha night

How busy is this night ? Does it get really packed and crowded so it’s hard to move/dance ? Thanks.

It’s peak season … it will be rammed … go early and then maybe chill on the upstairs terrace until around 0430 when things will become easier inside … 0500-0700 there will be space to dance

It’s peak season … it will be rammed … go early and then maybe chill on the upstairs terrace until around 0430 when things will become easier inside … 0500-0700 there will be space to dance

Agree on this. If you go to this night, you’re playing the long game IMO. There is a lot to be said for an early shift, and then 0230-0430 making new friends on the upstairs Terrace or in the garden. Pacha crowd and dance-floor always gets better and better as the night goes on… with 05:00-0700 for me being the ultimate!

Last edited:
Needed a day to decompress but I thought this Sunday was superb - glad we made the decision to attend and swerve Pyramid!

Keinemusik were great - feared the worst having seen some cheesy social clips recently but thought they warmed the room up superbly and didn’t play so many of it same obvious records!

Solomun (besides 2 or 3 odd urban / high pitched records which we slightly come to expect these days 🤣) also on good form and the b2b at the end was very good.

Pacha very busy but always pockets to dance if you knew where to head!

When I’m the centre of that dancefloor the sound system never fails to blow you away - Rex The Dog ‘Change This Pain For Ecstasy’ late on during the b2b sounded incredible!

One small gripe - changing the bottles of water to cans. Really!? Hugely annoying during the night - once opened it cannot be resealed - one annoying for waste and two an accident waiting to happen for the ease of spiking a drink. Understand there’s potentially an environmental reason but seemed like a money grab to me and at €12 a pop - yeah not great!

However a superb night overall! 🍒

OK, I said I would give the review, so here goes. First time in Solomun this season. Too much has already been said about last season (perceived) change / wobble in his sound, so no more on that except he still played the odd one or two of those “crazy sh*t” tracks that everyone talked about last season. But 95% of it was freaking amazing.

I thought last Sunday was my favourite Solomun nights in 5 years (and I’ve done a lot over the years).

Boys Noize was a perfect +1 and thankfully (maybe being end of August) the crowd was damn up for it and not annoying. I don’t think many folks go (apart from us lot) based on the +1, but the crowd was a good and maybe B. Noize helped with that.

We caught the last 90 mins of Boys Noize who played brilliantly. Gutted I missed the end of last season party with him as that must have been amazing based on this.

I was not too focused on Shazam but a few I knew (I think). To give you a flavour.

Musumeci & Dodi - Go

He dropped a version of I Feel Love. I’m not sure it was the David Morales remix, but he never made if sound too cheesy, it worked. Also this…

Paul Woodford - Orbit

My Solomun strategy has always been to avoid the first part as it’s just peak crowd, peak spectators and they start to leave about 04:00. So headed up to Terrace when he came on about 02:30 for about 45 mins and then down on the floor for the night.

He just played amazingly IMO, of course his sound has moved on, but he’s striking the right balance now for me. Some brilliantly placed tracks.

Inafekt- Bamboo

During the B2B, the more 80s/90s electric under tones continued.

The B2B was one of my favs I’ve done. These guys just balanced that electric with slight 80s electric to perfection and you can tell they’ve played before (which helps).

Tainted Love - DJ Hell

One of those Pacha moments when the whole place from the bar staff, to the top of the VIP kicks off

No Good For Me - Billy Roger Remix

And one that summed up the sound of the B2B

Indifferent Guy & Eva Pavlova - In Your Head

Yes the phones come out for the start of Solomun and the odd drop, but then nothing much in between. Actually a lot less than other places IMO.

Overall amazing. Also great how stripped back Pacha was for this night. Not making use of the light ceiling really and just making it very minimal.

Last edited:
OK, I said I would give the review, so here goes. First time in Solomun this season. Too much has already been said about last season (perceived) change / wobble in his sound, so no more on that except he still played the odd one or two of those “crazy sh*t” tracks that everyone talked about last season. But 95% of it was freaking amazing.

I thought last Sunday was my favourite Solomun nights in 5 years (and I’ve done a lot over the years).

Boys Noize was a perfect +1 and thankfully (maybe being end of August) the crowd was damn up for it and not annoying. I don’t think many folks go (apart from us lot) based on the +1, but the crowd was a good and maybe B. Noize helped with that.

We caught the last 90 mins of Boys Noize who played brilliantly. Gutted I missed the end of last season party with him as that must have been amazing based on this.

I was not too focused on Shazam but a few I knew (I think). To give you a flavour.

Musumeci & Dodi - Go

He dropped a version of I Feel Love. I’m not sure it was the David Morales remix, but he never made if sound too cheesy, it worked. Also this…

Paul Woodford - Orbit

My Solomun strategy has always been to avoid the first part as it’s just peak crowd, peak spectators and they start to leave about 04:00. So headed up to Terrace when he came on about 02:30 for about 45 mins and then down on the floor for the night.

He just played amazingly IMO, of course his sound has moved on, but he’s striking the right balance now for me. Some brilliantly placed tracks.

Inafekt- Bamboo

During the B2B, the more 80s/90s electric under tones continued.

The B2B was one of my favs I’ve done. These guys just balanced that electric with slight 80s electric to perfection and you can tell they’ve played before (which helps).

Tainted Love - DJ Hell

One of those Pacha moments when the whole place from the bar staff, to the top of the VIP kicks off

No Good For Me - Billy Roger Remix

And one that summed up the sound of the B2B

Indifferent Guy & Eva Pavlova - In Your Head

Yes the phones come out for the start of Solomun and the odd drop, but then nothing much in between. Actually a lot less than other places IMO.

Overall amazing. Also great how stripped back Pacha was for this night. Not making use of the light ceiling really and just making it very minimal.
Sounded like a great night.. Cracking tunes, in particular, Musumeci & Dodi - Go, love that..

OK, another phenomenal night this week. I might seem overly positive here but having been a Solomun groupie 2012-19 and then from 2019 to recently being a bit critical of him, I’m loving these nights again.

First thing to note was the concept of no +1. Or I think they should be called Solomun + YOU. I think it worked better to be honest, and spilt up that standard night of +1 to 02:30 and then the crazy push and shoving when he comes on.

I think they have 3 of these planned over the season, and I’d even do more based on last night. Last night was about Solomun in the booth, and only Solomun. None of the usual industry darlings, ex F1 drivers and hangers on in the booth - this was Solomun alone, and working his magic. Absolutely brilliant to see and experience.

He came on just after 01:30 and purposefully understated. He played the first 30-45 mins almost like a resident. Lots of more slower House sound to help build the night up. Even a few vibes from his Watergate 11 I thought (for those of you that were born then). And then boom from about 02:15…. Peak Solomun…

I tried to Shazam a few tracks, but there were whole sections of unreleased or new material. There were 30-45 minute stretches where I’d never heard the music before and Shazam was having none of it.

In the middle of it all dropping Rock The House on that Pacha sound system! Heaven.

The crowd was brilliant too, was a classic “Ahhh September” vibe. The week before was good, this was even better. Anyone who got slightly put off last season, give it another go. It’s like the crowd were just in position for the whole night - and most were.

Back