Solomun +1 @ PACHA 2023 - Reviews & Reports

I was going to go to Four Tet after the port, but ended up having an early appointment on Monday which i was still massively hungover for, so probably a good thing I showed restraint

People are typically very eager to share crap reviews and hold back good. Guessing things have been going well if there's no news to report.

This is very true. Feel free to post good, bad and ugly.

I think with the early opening it feels much further into the season. It is only mid June, most people haven’t been away yet!

We know the night is packed out to the rafters since opening this year.

This time last year everyone here was moaning about his change in sound. I get the sense from speaking to folks, and listening to a lot of his 2023 stuff, it’s not quite as dramatic change this year. And a lot more of that classic Solomun sound (mixed in with the newer stuff)… but still the odd bat-sh*t crazy one haha.

Let’s also remember Solomun now attracts a mass appeal. This is not a criticism, but a lot of those folks will go, have time of their life and move on to the next night. They won’t critique his every track selection like many of us do.

Just coming back to life after last night so won’t be an in depth review but I was blown away! Maybe the best Solomun set I’ve heard in 8-10 years. Massive improvement from -18 to -22 which was trending down imo.
The sound system seem to have improved and spreads better so your location at the club matters less than before. Club was packed and crowd much better than Music On Friday which is my only comparison for this season.

I was there too, but literally just for 30mins and very early so only heard chloé (whom I liked lots). but yeah, the night is properly back on form it seems.

I've been waiting a while for this topic guys!
I hope they're all right with us

Well, I was at solomun's opening +1 with Cat'z Dogs and will be at 8/13 for steve angello with Solomun and... of course, i'll try to closing 10/16 with Dixon, and that will surely be the night of the year.

I must say that I heard opinions about opening pacha all night long solomun was better to opening solomun+1.

So, personally i liked. But it wasn't outstanding..it was like an opening should be, it showed some new trends, some techno in the middle of the night too. (No after this time).

I must say that I was in barcelona on off sonar and there solomun turned out to be a real beard. He played very well at his event (diynamic at poble spanol) and later on b2b with adriatique at Nitsa club in the after, ended his set with one of the best melodic ID's from him! hoping to be the big song for this year. So good to back on golden years of Madlen with this track...

This is very true. Feel free to post good, bad and ugly.

I think with the early opening it feels much further into the season. It is only mid June, most people haven’t been away yet!

We know the night is packed out to the rafters since opening this year.

This time last year everyone here was moaning about his change in sound. I get the sense from speaking to folks, and listening to a lot of his 2023 stuff, it’s not quite as dramatic change this year. And a lot more of that classic Solomun sound (mixed in with the newer stuff)… but still the odd bat-sh*t crazy one haha.

Let’s also remember Solomun now attracts a mass appeal. This is not a criticism, but a lot of those folks will go, have time of their life and move on to the next night. They won’t critique his every track selection like many of us do.
I agree with the type of audience. It was undoubtedly more mixed and not so much a target audience or an audience specialized in music, as we want to hear here at ibiza spotilight. I saw a lot of mainstream people and tourists at the pacha... I've read that the best nights are the Bedouins, I'll have to try it one day

Madlen will be able to play whatever he wants, he will always be an artist respected by everyone, especially at home as Ibiza is for him
I've been waiting a while for this topic guys!
I hope they're all right with us

Well, I was at solomun's opening +1 with Cat'z Dogs and will be at 8/13 for steve angello with Solomun and... of course, i'll try to closing 10/16 with Dixon, and that will surely be the night of the year.

I must say that I heard opinions about opening pacha all night long solomun was better to opening solomun+1.

So, personally i liked. But it wasn't outstanding..it was like an opening should be, it showed some new trends, some techno in the middle of the night too. (No after this time).

I must say that I was in barcelona on off sonar and there solomun turned out to be a real beard. He played very well at his event (diynamic at poble spanol) and later on b2b with adriatique at Nitsa club in the after, ended his set with one of the best melodic ID's from him! hoping to be the big song for this year. So good to back on golden years of Madlen with this track...

Madlen will be able to play whatever he wants, he will always be an artist respected by everyone, especially at home as Ibiza is for him it.
For context: originally did the 90s Manumission, Cream, Clockwork era. Went back last year after the children hit the age we can leave them. Only did Pikes really with an evening at Cova Santa with the 15 year old on one of the trips (All Day I Dream),

Went last night and absolutely loved loved loved it.

Rammed from 2am but dancefloor manageable from 5am. Gradually danced our way to the booth towards the finish.

More context: Was my 50th birthday Sunday, flew out Sunday and did last night, Flower Power tonight (more mellow one) and then VIP Camelphat tomorrow (will need the seats!) Off to San An Wednesday to meet brother flying in from Bristol tonight. Recoveryish Wednesday night (probably Kumharas) then Pikes and Shine Thursday. Tapas restaurant Friday then home late Saturday.

If Solomun is off form like some suggested last year then god knows how good he was on form. I'd go again in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Back