Solo traveller heading to San An on 9th Sept

Taspect

Morning folks and thanks for accepting me into your forum. I've been recommended this site by a few people so here I am.

Decided this year I would come back to the island as there is something about the place that puts me at ease. Trouble is that all of the people I know are either "too busy", "not interested", "can't afford it" or "what are you going back there for?". Yeah, you either get it, or you don't. So I decided that I would head out solo.

That's a bit daunting for me as I have never actually done anything like this. I'm friendly enough, pretty open and up for a laugh but I've never actually stepped this far away from my comfort zone. As a result I am looking to see if there is anyone floating around San An between the 10th and 14th of June that are either in the same boat as I am (speaking of which, I haven't tried a boat party yet - different thread I think) or wouldn't mind an extra bod tagging along for a laugh.

Jay

Well, in light of what's going on, obviously I won't be there now, not at this time anyway. Wish it was otherwise for sure but all is not lost.....

As soon as all this broke, I shifted my break to the 9th September. And believe me, I'm glad I did.....

So my original plan still stands, just later in the year ;)

i can't see boat party happening along this season.
sociall distancing in a boat party? only if people sit on a chair otherwise if they plan to dance , No way!
a boat is shaky so the 1-2 meter distanciation wont work even if they draw circles on floor

Float the boat will organize boat trip so it sounds no boat parties in ibz this year. ?

still planning ibiz this year if not parties in clubs?
i got lof ibz addicted raver mates that think Covid virus will dissapear in a few months and around closing time Ibz party life will be as ibz 19 ?

Yeah, maybe the boat thing won't happen this year but given how rough it's been this year, I need the chance to get away for sure. Thanks to this lockdown, pushing my DJ career and working from home, I've been trapped in one room for 12 hours a day, every day for 3 months!

My plan is to get out there and relax while meeting new people. As long as I can grab a beer (or Mojito) by the water in the company of good people, then it's mission accomplished for me. If there are any clubs open, then that's just a big bonus right now

with the virus crisis, beeing a dj is not the answer
in ibz lot of people are djs , u can't imagine how many people i met by chance, that told me later they were djs in ibz , they often have another job eg waiter/PR/elrow ibz performer ...

i got many contacts/friends that are djs in ibz and they really struggle to have sessions
the ones that were famous end 90's early 00 mixing at pacha ibz , el divino ibz that don't have sessions in ibz anymore, some mix in non famous beach bar, some mix in hotel
the one that live in ibz have sessions in beach bars in ibz such bora bora ibz ,jockey club,chiringay es cavalet, ushuaia tower, benimuzza park,km5 ibz,ashram sunset bar cala conte ...

For stangers one such french djs living in ibz since a few years (2-to 5) they have session mix at small places such
Malanga café, Veto, experimental beach ,las salinas , enigma,raco ibz, amante ibz , dunes ibz, lola's
for those that have great connection :dc 10 ,benimussa park, heart ibz

if u r a green grass dj ( those friends have 10-20 + years djing), u could only apply to bars in san an bay/west end but sounds complicated this year
the lucky one i knew was a uk worker green grass dj having session at Nikki beach and some bars in west end

Ibz 2020 to relax , for sure

I'm not heading to Ibiza to promote myself, not this time anyway, I am going to escape from promoting myself. I have several radio shows, both live and pre-recorded I do weekly at the moment just to get my name known and out there but you're right, it's hard work... I made a return early this year after a 20 year break. I used to play various venues back at the turn of the millennium but personal circumstances meant I had to give that up.

No, Ibiza this year for sure is just to unwind and chill out. No pushing this year on that front, I'm doing enough of that at home :cool:

Yeah, maybe the boat thing won't happen this year but given how rough it's been this year, I need the chance to get away for sure. Thanks to this lockdown, pushing my DJ career and working from home, I've been trapped in one room for 12 hours a day, every day for 3 months!

My plan is to get out there and relax while meeting new people. As long as I can grab a beer (or Mojito) by the water in the company of good people, then it's mission accomplished for me. If there are any clubs open, then that's just a big bonus right now

Going solo sounds like fun to me. It's so easy to get chatting to people out there.

Going solo sounds like fun to me. It's so easy to get chatting to people out there.

My argument is that if I don't try then I don't know...... Plus I seem to have a load of mates that have no intention of going back out there. So I have no choice really. Go alone or don't go.... So I'm going :D

I know what you mean though, when I have been out there, it's been so easy to get chatting to complete strangers. It's quite exciting looking forward to who you might meet

i can't see boat party happening along this season.
sociall distancing in a boat party? only if people sit on a chair otherwise if they plan to dance , No way!
a boat is shaky so the 1-2 meter distanciation wont work even if they draw circles on floor

Float the boat will organize boat trip so it sounds no boat parties in ibz this year. ?

still planning ibiz this year if not parties in clubs?
i got lof ibz addicted raver mates that think Covid virus will dissapear in a few months and around closing time Ibz party life will be as ibz 19 ?
I also was planning on going this year, but at this point I think waiting for the 2021 season will be much more realistic, at least being next to a few thousand people, social distancing will not work in Ibiza hell no!

Back