Solid Grooves @ DC10 2022 - Reviews & Reports

Life of Rye

Looked at the socials for Solid Grooves and the Terrace seemed perfectly busy and the main room half full.
I actually looked at the Terrace and thought that would be a perfect amount of people

Looked at the socials for Solid Grooves and the Terrace seemed perfectly busy and the main room half full.
I actually looked at the Terrace and thought that would be a perfect amount of people

I think with all these very early-season events, I think we all forget it is just Mid-June! Historically it is from this point numbers start to increase more and more each week.

I got there before midnight, chilled in the garden for abit then went onto the terrace when PAWSA was playing. Wasn't feeling it at all so went into the main room which wasn't much better so we went back to the garden for a while & ended getting abit wavy.

Ran into @freakstar there & chatted for abit but we were both pretty f*cked by that point so I can't really remember any of the conversation.

I wanted to then go & see Butch but my friends wouldn't leave the terrace, I stayed with them cause I was still f*cked & didn't fancy trying to go look for them again in such a state.

Bibi brought it hard though. Leaned more techy at times which I preferred. Played some big tracks & was certainly worth the wait, saved the night for me. Will definitely be back.

So…arrived at DC10 about 1ish. Randomly bumped into @DCAmbrose and a beautiful lady where we had a very civilised conversation.

Spent the majority of the time in the main room which was reasonably busy early on. PAWSA played a very good set and got the crowd going…pretty mellow stuff (as to be expected at Solid Grooves) with one or two bangers.

Only popped into the terrace for half an hour when Darius Syrossian was on - never been a fan (and don’t like his attitude) however, he was surprisingly good and the crowd seem to enjoy.

Back in the main room, BUTCH was decent if not spectacular. Shortly after his set the main room emptied pretty quickly with only about 20 of us left. It didn’t help the fact that The Ghost was truly awful - stuck in there with expectations it would get better but alas no. The terrace was still full though.

Some idiot kept on hassling me - I don’t mind engaging at all but full on jirations for an hour isn’t that pleasant - you know when you just want to be left to dance away?

Left the back of 6 having had a very good time. I do like the crowd that goes to this party. Overall not as good as the opening (which was brilliant) but still decent and I am sure they will have a very successful season - I will be back.

Attachments

• C5801476-BAB1-478E-84DF-29683759735A.jpeg
    C5801476-BAB1-478E-84DF-29683759735A.jpeg
    940.6 KB · Views: 18
Back