So.... how's it going on the island this season?

I know for a fact that there are loads of russians heading for the island this year - and very many of them are sticking to the hotel - blue marlin - nassau - ushuaia - hotel route, bypassing the clubs entirely. And if they do go clubbing - its ASOT or Guetta@Pacha at most.

or the island is full of too many non-clubby types?

I'm inclined to go with this explanation. Well, the island has been saying it wants to increase non-clubbing tourism and it seems it has. But at the same time perhaps the clubbing tourism has started to decrease. Perhaps you can't always have it both ways :idea:.

I'm inclined to go with this explanation. Well, the island has been saying it wants to increase non-clubbing tourism and it seems it has. But at the same time perhaps the clubbing tourism has started to decrease. Perhaps you can't always have it both ways :idea:.

You certainly can't have it both ways if the way you are trying to get these new non-clubby types is by pricing some of the clubby types out of the market. I know a few people who would normally be going this year but simply can't purely because they know how much money it would cost them

I know a few people who would normally be going this year but simply can't purely because they know how much money it would cost them

It's a right bugger. By the time flights, hotels and spending money are all added to the eqation it is quite pricey. I'll mostly be staying in PDB this year because of it. I could have good night in either Space or Sankeys during the time I'm there so it's not all doom and gloom.

if it's any consolation, i've paid a whole month's salary for just one week's accommodation in a 1 bed flat in shoreditch. flights, transport, spends and meals out will bring this up to around 2 months wages if not more, so ibiza isn't really that expensive.........

Back