So did I miss much?

jez71

Allo folks!

Haven't been on here for quite some time.... infact the last time I was on here think I was looking forward to going to the closing parties....instead I went to France to see my Dad in an effort to sort my head out... So still have never made the closing parties!...one day I'll get to them...they kind of paled into insignificance end of last summer...

Finally plucked the courage to walk away from an unhappy marriage last August...walked out with the clothes on my back, a few other clothes and a duvet! Slept in my car for the first night as couldn't face going through it all with friends that night while it was all so raw....went to work the next day feeling life death warmed up.... confided in friends/colleagues about it that day and was amazed and grateful to the brilliant friends and colleagues who offered me a bed for however long I wanted it for. The last few months I've really found out how good a cycle of friends I have.... And God did I need them... with only my Sister living in England and parents abroad I literally left with no where to go! I don't think I ate a proper meal for about a month...to say I was a mess is an understatement.

I'm hoping once all the horrible financial stuff is sorted out my divorce will finally come through.

In hindsight I probably wouldn't of left without any belongings...a few months after the split I went back to the house to collect my decks while there was no one at the house... and my soon to be ex wife had moved them out of the house to her mother's so I couldn't have them back.... knowing that I've never been one for material items... these and my records were the only thing she could take to annoy me.... hopefully I may get them back but not holding out much hope..... I did manage to retreave my record collection so all is not lost!

From being abit of a nomad for a while living between 4 homes... I'm now abit a country gent don't you know... I'm living in a lovely 3 storey farm house in rural Shropshire with a work colleagues's mum who is elderly and appreciates having someone around the house as she lives alone. I have the top floor and my girls can come and stay whenever they want so it works our brilliantly for her and for me.

Eight months on I'm looking back and thankful I had the courage to leave otherwise I'd still be that miserable person not looking forward to going home....I don't think Sarah and I were ever really suited for each other...I hope she's happy now...I know we stayed together as long as we did for the kids. When I see the girls now things are still brilliant we have such fun together and I know they look and see Daddy's happy again.

And I am too....Really Really happy... I've had the lightning bolt... I've met the most beautiful girl, at work of all places on a training course, who I truly love and adore...and best of all we can talk to each other about anything she really is amazing I love her and her whole outlook on life and how positive she is about everything... I guess in relationship terms it's early days but life is brilliant again and I can't stop smiling.... Not even the thought of my decks at my ex mother in law's can break my stride!

I dunno why I've just shared all that with you but hey-ho.... Life eh? The last few months have re-enforced my feelings on fate!

So what goes in the world of spotlight? How have you all been? What have I missed? I'm pondering pondering pondering on the summers travels you know now...we're going over to see my parents in august in spain (murcia) then going up to see some friends around Alicante who have a villa and wondering whether it maybe worth hopping on a ferry to a certain Island? We can't decide at the moment....we've never been to Barcelona before and I remember reading on here lots of lovely reviews of it previously so we have a decision to make!?

Hope everyone's well anyway.... I guess this post explains the lack of mixes coming from me recently too! I guess I bite the bullet and fully embrace the digital age in mixing? .... or just go and buy some more decks?

Nods to the usual suspects....I guess I may of made the top 20 posters at one stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
... When I see the girls now things are still brilliant we have such fun together
and I know they look and see Daddy's happy again.
And I am too....Really Really happy... I've had the lightning bolt...
I've met the most beautiful girl, at work of all places on a training course,
who I truly love and adore...and best of all we can talk to each other about anything she really is amazing I love her and her whole outlook on life
and how positive she is about everything... I guess in relationship terms it's early days but life is brilliant again and I can't stop smiling ...
20it8jq.jpg

... Not even the thought of my decks at my ex mother in law's
can break my stride! ...
:lol:
69hoc1.jpg

Glad to have you back! :D

And, in other good news.. June 2 is fast approaching as well( or is a birthday good news anymore...:confused:... :lol:)

Hey Jez

Wow... I knew you were going through a rough patch from our occasional Facebook correspondence but didn't have the details. Glad to hear you've made it through.

Utagaura and I were quite disappointed at your bowing out of our Space terrace boogie plan last year... I suppose you're excused :lol:

Bummer about the decks though!

All is well around here... I, like most people (I think), am just trying to keep my head down and ride this recession out while remaining gainfully employed! :lol: And planning various adventures in the process.

When I see the girls now things are still brilliant we have such fun together and I know they look and see Daddy's happy again.

And I am too....Really Really happy... I've had the lightning bolt... I've met the most beautiful girl, at work of all places on a training course, who I truly love and adore...and best of all we can talk to each other about anything she really is amazing I love her and her whole outlook on life and how positive she is about everything... I guess in relationship terms it's early days but life is brilliant again and I can't stop smiling.... Not even the thought of my decks at my ex mother in law's can break my stride!

.............. then going up to see some friends around Alicante who have a villa and wondering whether it maybe worth hopping on a ferry to a certain Island? We can't decide at the moment....

Nice to hear things are now good mate. At least you had the balls to do it, or god knows what rut you'd be in now. :spank:

Children arent sutpid, they know the score. And at the end of the day, their the most important thing in your life, nothing can ever change that !!

Whereabouts in alicante do your friends live :?: I'm 10 minutes from the Ibiza ferry 8)

Hey you!! Nice to have your friendly face back again - seems like you have been through the wringer the past year. :?:?

Sincere condolences Jez, but you sound like you are through the worst. - and big respect for making the decision to walk away from something that was clearly making you so unhappy - many people dont and stick it for the kids..:cry:

Onwards and upwards for you now and pleased that your now in a happy place - postive thoughts and puppy hugs to you Jez.....

see you around Spotlight/FB ;)

x

Hey Jez

Wow... I knew you were going through a rough patch from our occasional Facebook correspondence but didn't have the details. Glad to hear you've made it through.

Utagaura and I were quite disappointed at your bowing out of our Space terrace boogie plan last year... I suppose you're excused :lol:

Bummer about the decks though!

All is well around here... I, like most people (I think), am just trying to keep my head down and ride this recession out while remaining gainfully employed! :lol: And planning various adventures in the process.

I was gutted about cancelling too....I'd of probably enjoyed it if I'd of gone too! Still... never mind....this year? what to do what to do!!?! are you going this year?

I was gutted about cancelling too....I'd of probably enjoyed it if I'd of gone too! Still... never mind....this year? what to do what to do!!?! are you going this year?
Yep... the tentative plan is to go to the States for the weekend of Sep 20, so Ibiza will either be the 10days before or 10 days after.

Nice to hear things are now good mate. At least you had the balls to do it, or god knows what rut you'd be in now. :spank:

Children arent sutpid, they know the score. And at the end of the day, their the most important thing in your life, nothing can ever change that !!

Whereabouts in alicante do your friends live :?: I'm 10 minutes from the Ibiza ferry 8)

I'm so so glad I did and you're so right about the kids and we have a great time together now.... I get to do all the good outdoor stuff with them now not we ended up not doing before because they may of got a little bit dirty/wet.... that what you supposed to do as a child isn't it?

I've looked at the place my friends are staying at on google earth and it la fustera so bloomin miles from alicante! I did start exploring how the ferry would cost to Ibiza thought it only went from Denia didnt know it went from alicante too?

Yep... the tentative plan is to go to the States for the weekend of Sep 20, so Ibiza will either be the 10days before or 10 days after.

ah kool the closings in for you then my friend... you lucky...... mind you ......I maybe able to squeeze something in :idea:

Hey you!! Nice to have your friendly face back again - seems like you have been through the wringer the past year. :?:?

Sincere condolences Jez, but you sound like you are through the worst. - and big respect for making the decision to walk away from something that was clearly making you so unhappy - many people dont and stick it for the kids..:cry:

Onwards and upwards for you now and pleased that your now in a happy place - postive thoughts and puppy hugs to you Jez.....

see you around Spotlight/FB ;)

x

Ah thanks pups....Onwards and Upwards most definitely with a big Smile on my face :D

Ah thanks pups....Onwards and Upwards most definitely with a big Smile on my face :D

Pleased to hear it Jez......positivity is the way forward..... no good stressing on what might have been or what happened in the past - 8)8)

:D

I've looked at the place my friends are staying at on google earth and it la fustera so bloomin miles from alicante! I did start exploring how the ferry would cost to Ibiza thought it only went from Denia didnt know it went from alicante too?

When i said alicante, i meant the Province, not the city :lol:

La fustera is only 30 minutes from the ferry (Denia), i work 10 minutes away from La fustera 8)

hi jez,

only just got the chance to read your message. i'm glad you've made a decision that and you've came out smiling the other side. :D

nice one pal.

let me know when you're on the island next. 8)

Hello Jez, I only joined spotlight last spring so haven't posted on here when you have I don't think. Glad to hear someone looking at the positive side of things though after a tough time and not sticking in a miserable marriage, there's always a positive spin on everything, and your new girlfriend (if that's whose in your profile pic) is gorgeous!

hi jez,

only just got the chance to read your message. i'm glad you've made a decision that and you've came out smiling the other side. :D

nice one pal.

let me know when you're on the island next. 8)

ah thanks hope life is going well on the island for you? hoping I may make a flying visit this summer depending on ferry's which if I'm right on the websites I'm searching on look horrendously expensive.

Back