Smelly Night Clubs (The Good Kind)

NakedAge

I read some where I think it may have even been over a year ago, (in Mixmag, Dj Mag or I-Dj), about clubs, I think in Amsterdamn that were toying with the idea of releasing odours into the atmosphere during certain parts of the night in order help what music and lighting allready helps with. Does anyone know any thing more about this? I'm really interested in it.

Wouldn't be a bad idea in London... the smoking ban means you get to smell all the delightful scents of sweaty people :confused:

Just stick one of these wee bottles marked "Room Odoriser" in the smoke machine an be done with it

Nah thatd be too easy.

When I was Djing in a pub last year, with the smoking ban, I think lots of people had Grog guts. .. Kinda, they'd try slip them out unwillingly, but the place all ways ****ing reeked.

I'd be playing and would want to throw up. But, I'm really like the idea of a, "smell J" or Sj or what ever you wanna call them. Its original, unique and good.

I'm glad about the smoking ban.

I read some where I think it may have even been over a year ago, (in Mixmag, Dj Mag or I-Dj), about clubs, I think in Amsterdamn that were toying with the idea of releasing odours into the atmosphere during certain parts of the night in order help what music and lighting allready helps with. Does anyone know any thing more about this? I'm really interested in it.

It's not a bad idea. Anything that counters the effects of people releasing odours into the atmosphere during certain parts of the night in order help with their rotten guts.

Well, I think that it'd be in its kind of, basic stages if anything.

I don't think there's any elaborate gear available like a scent mixing console or anything but it would be good.

But, even those glade plug-in things like, to jerry rig a pump system that just unleashes a burst of a scented perfume for as long as you hold down the button.

But then, what scents would you have? I'm imagining like, a channel styled perfume scent for a beautiful trance sett orrrrr a new car smell for a house set or like, the smell of blood for a really hardcore/raw techno sett.

I'm in love with the concept of like, really ****ing with peoples minds with out using drugs. Purely doing it via the mediums available. REALLY putting on a 3d dimensional show. Filling the air. Its all about filling the gaps.

I think, sadly that the new style of dance music culture has really made it's new comers miss out on a lot of possibilities of directions that music can take and that now its all seen as one standard which has dropped drastically to what I think a lot of older people are used to, but, concepts like these I think are truly helping the new school come into their own as far as making the parties THEIRS and not just, a bunch of kids trying to do what a bunch of now 'over it' clubbers did years ago.

I guess you could have some kind of Scent-Jockey with a huge machine that guffed out stenches all round the dance-floor which could provide some amusement.

You could get one for David Guetta so that every time he lifted his arms or waved his hair about the whole place would suddenly reek of garlic and tepid semen but soon dropped away to leave just a vague hum of old cheese.

we 'scent' our parties with french candles & incense.....
we always get comments on it.....8)

but maybe we are just hippies! ;)

... idea of releasing odours into the atmosphere ...
in order help what music and lighting allready helps with ...
stuff like that isn´t new.
i remember 15 (or more?) years ago @ rodeo drive/beverly hills
there was a shop ("giorgio" or something like that) which sprayed its own perfume - hidden under an awning - on the footpath.

we 'scent' our parties with french candles & incense.....
we always get comments on it.....8)

but maybe we are just hippies! ;)

Yeah I'd say you are.

But yeah, the concept is by no way new. Just, I guess, under appreciated. I'd love to learn more about it.

so you´re annoying, anti-drugs, anti-smoking and enjoy putting together crap mixes

all of which inevitably leads us to the conclusion that attending one of your "nights" would be as much fun as a fuking local residents town hall meeting

lol The fact you pay so much attention to what I am is exactly why you are everything I'm not.

Maybe, I'm just so good you don't need drugs to enjoy what I do? Mayyyybeeeee I'm trying to do something with benefits? I mean, if you had kids, would you want them to turn into a ****ing jaded case who needs drugs to enjoy bad music at **** clubs like yourself, or, would you want them to be clean and less ****ed up than yourself and be able to enjoy the music with out drugs and love it for what it is at clubs run by people who are always trying to take their show to the next level and be inventive and better in any way they can?

lol, Trust me ... I don't want you at my night man. Infact, its the majority of the dance music 'scene' or 'industry' that, dwells online thats unwelcome at my nights and attitudes like yours is the exact reason why, so, stay to your ****, I'll stay to mine and thats it.

I think I saw a crack head leave a stone in the gutter outside your party and ****. Im sure if you run fast enough you might be able to get there in time to smoke the last of it.. Maybe you could catch some really cool underground minimal click click beats that go no where outside the door while your on your ass having an overdose. OOOOOOOOO I bet you can't wait to get back here so you can brag about how hard you cained it hey :)

Mwah.. Love your stuff sunshine. Be clean not mean.

Back