Small rant

Robder

WHYYYYY

is it cheaper to fly to Barcelona or Berlin than it is to get the train to Manchester for the weekend? :confused:

WHYYYYY

is it cheaper to fly to Barcelona or Berlin than it is to get the train to Manchester for the weekend? :confused:

cos our railways are run by profiteering twunts who raise prices under the guise of "essential improvements" to the network, rather than providing a firstclass service to what was supposed to be the transportation for the people.

tis bolloxs with the myriad of prices. i wanna go to Newcastle and its a bitch to plan.

nothing cheaper than £125 return 3 months in advance, and cheapest seemed to be about 4 weeks in advance at about £70... there were £25 fares, but i'd like to know where and when you can book em.

easyjet from stansted - £34rtn:spank:

Not just trains, funkin cab home from London is more than than 2 flights to Barcelona!!

Looked at going Glasgow this weekend and either way by train or flights I could have booked a weeks holiday.

Let me know where the march starts.

I need excuses to say no to a wedding over the August Bank Holiday...funds just can't/won't allow.

It's an outrage!

In fact I think I might just sever my ties with everywhere north of Luton.

I saw that too - but not feasible for a weekend break.

Who's problem is this? I need a scapegoat to pin on a dartboard and stick pins in.

cos our railways are run by profiteering twunts who raise prices under the guise of "essential improvements" to the network, rather than providing a firstclass service to what was supposed to be the transportation for the people.

tis bolloxs with the myriad of prices. i wanna go to Newcastle and its a bitch to plan.

nothing cheaper than £125 return 3 months in advance, and cheapest seemed to be about 4 weeks in advance at about £70... there were £25 fares, but i'd like to know where and when you can book em.

easyjet from stansted - £34rtn:spank:

Try training it into Grand Central in Sunderland - check their website - much cheaper than Newcastle and its only a metro journey away from Newcastle.

Try training it into Grand Central in Sunderland - check their website - much cheaper than Newcastle and its only a metro journey away from Newcastle.
I remember when I went from London to Newcastle on short notice to see my brother a couple of autumns ago.

I got a 90 pound return fair... but when I took the early morning train back to London to get to meetings on time on Monday, I was told I had to pay another 95 pounds.

The whole trip cost more than my Moscow-London flight :evil:
(and that flight was NOT on a budget airline!)

I went to London this week from Stockport - albeit 1st - £193 - one way!!

altho when you see how many people are often on the trains at times - like a handfull, it does go some way to explain it.

There are ways of getting them cheaper tho - there is a site - i'll try and find it, that alerts you when the super cheap ones come on the website.

Also another virgin one that sells the mid weekers for about £8. I'll find out.

heres the real reason why the poxy govt want airport expansion.

London - Newcastle - by train, max 3 months in advance, 2.5 - 3hr trip depending on which train you get on.

Price: £150 for 2 peeps.

Same trip via Heathrow with British Airways - 1.5hrs

Price: £150 for 2 peeps - £138 of which are in taxes and surcharges. :spank:

I need excuses to say no to a wedding over the August Bank Holiday...funds just can't/won't allow.

Just text them on the day and say you got beat up on the at the station and that you're suit is all ripped and you have to go to hospital to get your bleeding ears checked out.

That usually works.

Plus they'll send you a big bunch of flowers for the lounge too.

These prices are unreal... Aren't they trying to go green and get cars off the road and all that stuff, no great incentive to reduce the carbon footprint with those kinds of costs. I thought Swiss trains were expensive, but train system is good, reliable, on time and pretty good value in comparaison it seems, I will not complain again... (Also, they don't seem to suffer the wrong kind of snow or leaves on the tracks here - our snow and leaves must be much better behaved - couldn't believe it the first time I heard that excuse in UK train station)

Back