Skinny dipping saga (a warning)

Good points about how these people manage to get away with stealing and how come the police don't set up a sting.
If you notice, when a rental villa gets turned over, they never touch anything that belongs to the owner, only the clients stuff.
I for one am getting sick of being offered crap sunglasses on the beach, if it's true that these guys are robbing too, then it would be easy to do something about it. I would have thought they are on tourist visas.
I have heard that it's the Romainians doing the villas though.
I had 15 friends over in a villa last year, everything went. But not a thing of the villa owner.

lookey lookey

these guys get a bad press ,every misdemenour robbery,mugging,attack etc ,etc is blamed on them they must be busy boys and why bother selling them sh;te koakley sunglasses and their dodgy relexs
im not saying that some may be involved in a little small time petty crime (dealing)but these guys are being made to sound like criminal masterminds.
the looky lookys still think its 1985 with all the del boystuff they come out with.and their fakey liverpool and chelsea shirts
i have always had a laugh and a joke with them , they have never ever caused me any problems .
i cant believe what im hearing
or am i wrong:?:

If you notice, when a rental villa gets turned over, they never touch anything that belongs to the owner, only the clients stuff.
maybe that's because beds, toasters, and the odd sofa aren't quite as readily exchangeable for hard cash as credit cards, passports, i-pods, mobile phones and laptops?

I'd say you're wrong.

Purely on the basis that you are a moron.
Your assessment of vwman's mental capacity aside :)lol:), I tend to agree with him.
Much too easy to blame petty street crime on the looky-looky guys.

mark b

:?:

whats your problem?
ill say it as i see it they have never caused me or those i have ever been with any problem .

moron,where did that come from .
i wouldnt make a personal comment regarding another spotlighters
cant really be bothered to diss them

Last edited by a moderator:
A great story but is the sort of thing that could happen anywhere, not just in Ibiza and not only on holiday.

maybe that's because beds, toasters, and the odd sofa aren't quite as readily exchangeable for hard cash as credit cards, passports, i-pods, mobile phones and laptops?

They also declined to take the stereo and a flat screen TV.

Also be very wary of anybody asking directions. I've been done 3 times like this.
Once in Barcelona, once in Playa den Bossa and once in my own kitchen.

Someone gets your attention by asking directions whilst somebody else is taking your bag.
The time in PdB, it was Italians and I still am amazed how they managed it. They got away with my friends laptop from a resturant table, very clever and proffesional.

i'm no criminal mastermind but if i was out to make a quick hit then strolling around with a 40 inch plasma tv under my arm is not what i'd be doing.

these guys get a bad press ,every misdemenour robbery,mugging,attack etc ,etc is blamed on them they must be busy boys and why bother selling them sh;te koakley sunglasses and their dodgy relexs
im not saying that some may be involved in a little small time petty crime (dealing)but these guys are being made to sound like criminal masterminds.
the looky lookys still think its 1985 with all the del boystuff they come out with.and their fakey liverpool and chelsea shirts
i have always had a laugh and a joke with them , they have never ever caused me any problems .
i cant believe what im hearing
or am i wrong:?:

Yeah your definately wrong. The Taliban get bad press, have a guess why. Most, obviously not all are complete scumbags. I've had various barneys with them over the years over everything from nicking our football, not buying sunglasses, robbing our stuff, and not paying for their prostitutes. And they wear savage clothes.

Yeah your definately wrong. The Taliban get bad press, have a guess why. Most, obviously not all are complete scumbags. I've had various barneys with them over the years over everything from nicking our football, not buying sunglasses, robbing our stuff, and not paying for their prostitutes. And they wear savage clothes.

That's a nasty speech; the only one to blame is you.
You are not just a pigeon but a "pigeon voyageur"

The Taliban is in Ibiza?!?! Is nowhere safe?

looky looky

i wonder what the ibiza residents who post on this forum honestly think of them
i have noticed some of the looky looky s have gone fairly legit in san an bay ,they have got their own shops selling clothing ,jewellery and yes all the same old crap watches and ****e sunglasses:?:

I personally haven't had any problems with these guys. However there does seem to be more and more of them and it gets tiresome being asked to buy crap sunglasses all the time when you are trying to relax on the beach.
I've just been at Sa Trinxa this afternoon for about 2 hours and I must have been asked 10 times.
As regards to them being responsible for thefts, I really haven't noticed that.
But also I don't spend much time in San Antonio where it seems most of these guys hang out.
I think what it is , is because these guys are so distinctive looking , if one or two of them are being a pain and causing trouble or stealing they are immeidiately identified as being ''The Looky Looky Men''. Then it kind of gives them all a bad name.
However as all the other nationals be it Italian, Spanish, Morrocan, Romanian etc.. all tend to look similar to the average Brit. Then they just become a generic medditaranean type. So are far less likely to be pigeon holed.
Regarding villa break ins and more sophisticated crime. I really don't think it's the LL men.

However as all the other nationals be it Italian, Spanish, Morrocan, Romanian etc.. all tend to look similar to the average Brit. Then they just become a generic medditaranean type. So are far less likely to be pigeon holed.
Regarding villa break ins and more sophisticated crime. I really don't think it's the LL men.

Not sure that the average Morroccan looks like a Brit, but your right, it's obviously not all the LL men. We were turned over by a group of about ten Spaniards last year too outside Bora Bora ( we must be easy targets ). But, like any big resort, people come to do bad things too. Ho hum, we will survive.

P.S. Just as a warning, the trick they used - we were sitting down outside Bora Bora, come over, say you want coke etc. etc. when they kneel down to talk to you, they put there hands on your possessions then as they get refused and get up, take your stuff with them. Charming. Funny story, one of our group after this incident was just chilling out by the fountain just up the road a bit, sitting down and thinking about it etc. One of the SAME guys came up, said some sort of conversation and managed to nick his only remaining possession - his wallet in exactly the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back