SIze, PLace, Traveling Questions :-P

L

LokiUS530

Well first off.... How big is ibiza??!??! Also Is it easy getting around, and what's the best way to get around (rental cars?) Also what is the bestttt place to stay in everyones opinion? I'm going to be into the whole clubbing scene so what's the best town for that also...... i wouldn't mind doing something else for a day i heard ibiza is realllyyy pretty... Thanks :p

LokiUS530 said:
Well first off.... How big is ibiza??!??! Also Is it easy getting around, and what's the best way to get around (rental cars?) Also what is the bestttt place to stay in everyones opinion? I'm going to be into the whole clubbing scene so what's the best town for that also...... i wouldn't mind doing something else for a day i heard ibiza is realllyyy pretty... Thanks :p

Renting cars is easy, loads of people do it, I don't, just cos I am not fit to be behind a wheel in England let alone in Ibiza :eek: :lol: There's loads of posts on here bout best place to hire cars, if you do a search.

Taxis are cheap and generally available altho sometimes in August there's a mare of a queue, if you can handle buses they're regular and really cheap. A taxi journey from Playa den Bossa or Ibiza Town to San Antonio will take about 25 minutes.

Re where to stay, depends what you're after, most clubbers stay in either San Antonio, Playa Den Bossa, Ibiza Town or Figuretes.

I personally prefer PDB cos you've got Space and Bora Bora on your doorstep or Figuretes (for Es Vive Hotel). There are good and bad bits to San Antonio. It depends where you think you're going to be spending most of your time - if it's Space, DC10, Bora Bora, Pacha etc I would advise PDB, Figuretes, Ibiza Town cos if you stay in San Antonio you will be spending loads of time getting from that side of the island to the other.

WOW THANKS! That was alot of info in a small form! Is Ibiza big though? If i wanted to go drive around how long woud it be to cover the island?

LokiUS530 said:
WOW THANKS! That was alot of info in a small form! Is Ibiza big though? If i wanted to go drive around how long woud it be to cover the island?

It's small, driving around is no problems as long as you feel braving enough to negotiate the roads :lol: ;) You'll be looking at no more than half hours drive to go between any 2 places.

When are you planning on going??

not till next year.... i'm a "fetus" as they call my in nyc lol i'm not 18 yet but i will be next year, my b-day is may 30th so i'm going june 20th-the 30th or till i leave lol

LokiUS530 said:
not till next year.... i'm a "fetus" as they call my in nyc lol i'm not 18 yet but i will be next year, my b-day is may 30th so i'm going june 20th-the 30th or till i leave lol

By next year do you mean 2004 or 2005 cos I keep saying next year but really I mean this year, I haven't quite got used to it being 2004 yet :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :lol: I will be out there for Openings from 20 June :D

o yeah what's a good hotel? I've been looking i'm prolly gunna stay somewhere around ibiza town

I hired a car from moto luis........excellent service and cheapest rates on the island. I hired a peugeot 207 with air-con for about 47 Euro's/day which is excellent value.

You need a car if you really want to see some of the best spots on the island. I visited over 30 beaches, most of them accessible only by car. Buses only take you to the most popular, resort type beaches. It took me 4 full days to explore the whole island, north to south, east to west. From Ibiza town, the furthest points in each direction take about a 20-30 minute drive, depending on the route taken.

You will miss out on alot if you don't hire a car and explore the true beauty of Ibiza. Beaches like es figueral, agua blanca, s'illot des renclis etc are worth the hire car fee alone.

I stayed in Playa D'en bossa, which made it easier to find a parking spot. Can be very difficult getting a parking spot in Ibiza town if your hotel does not have a spot for you.

I found the taxi's were very expensive and the buses were inadequate for the number of people needing to get around. The four days i had the car were great........i could get ready and go wherever i wanted to with minimal waste of time.

carhire company: - VERY cheap and good cars! I rented a car for a whole week for ONLY 123 Euros!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back