Sigur Ros

Robder

Is playing at work and I actually want to kill myself.

Can feel seratonin draining out of my brain...pure depressing dirge. Nothing artful and melancholy about it - just pure suicide.

Rant over.

Can feel seratonin draining out of my brain...pure depressing dirge. Nothing artful and melancholy about it - just pure suicide.

Rant over.

Are you saying your not enjoying it?;)

Rant over.

FB comment to youtube of Sigur Ros - Glósóli :

"This was my son Beany's funeral song .... miss you" :confused:

Sigur Ros makes me think of whales swimming in the blue sea - wasn't it used for the "Planet Earth" shows? That's why then...

I love Sigur Ros. They're a cracking live band. The documentary/concert film Heima is great and usually gets plenty of airings in my house around Xmas. Their music is def more winter than summer, though.

I love Sigur Ros. They're a cracking live band. The documentary/concert film Heima is great and usually gets plenty of airings in my house around Xmas. Their music is def more winter than summer, though.

Ignore me - seems they are a band with integrity.

One of the few bands who have point blank refused any use of their music in any advertising campaigns, plus a nice Icelandic singer.

I just don't get the sound - it's like music to masturbate and cry to.

I woulda thought Sigur Ros would be right up your street Rob. Don't they dance to this kind of stuff at shamanic ceromonies? :)

I can see why some people don't like them. I'd disagree it's all weepy music, however. Some is, but some is also quite celebratory. They are capable of making quite a racket. We saw them live and when the singer starts sawing at his guitar, the bass rumble was amazing; plus a few of their songs turn into pure post-rock noise at the climax, as if the elements have been unleashed. Without wishing to sound pretentious, I'd say the documentary Heima shows how their music fits with the Icelandic landscape. I get that with Bjork too - some of her sounds are suggestive of the landscape.

I quite like this review (but, hey, I write for the site too): http://www.themusicfix.co.uk/content/gig-review/5326/sigur-rós.html

I don't think Iceland is Scandanavia, is it? However, I get similar vibes from the music as I do Scandanavian music.

I woulda thought Sigur Ros would be right up your street Rob. Don't they dance to this kind of stuff at shamanic ceromonies? :)

Depends who 'they' are...if you're talking about the wooly jumper turnout you often get then it tends to be waaaay worse than this. :lol:

I stand corrected. They're obviously great at what they do - just not when I'm trying to write a proposal.

Nah 'those' people are into a niche kind of esoteric folk music containing chants about mother earth and grandfather sky.

Oh and techno. :lol:

Such an odd bunch really.

Back