Signs I know I am getting old....

Emma_1983

Hearing a song being remixed and HATING it!!!

I always remember being young and hearing cover versions/remixes and my parents or something older then me saying how its not as good as the original and me just thinking yeah yeah whatever, not knowing any better.

But now I know how it feels in the opposite situation.......does anyone remember the song Your Woman by White Town, bit of a one hit wonder I know but I quite liked it and reminds me of being a teen and my mum having the single on cassette and playing it when she used to pick me up from school :lol: Anyway someone (I have no idea who) has remixed it and made it sound awful!!!!! In fact I think its Wiley..................AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember it,a brit/ asian guy,one man bedroom studio band set up,played a lot by Mark Radcliffe as a demo before it got a proper release.
He featured in a few music tech mags at the time,can't remember his name and have not heard any remix.....

might go and have a look around...

Hearing a song being remixed and HATING it!!!

I always remember being young and hearing cover versions/remixes and my parents or something older then me saying how its not as good as the original and me just thinking yeah yeah whatever, not knowing any better.

But now I know how it feels in the opposite situation.......does anyone remember the song Your Woman by White Town, bit of a one hit wonder I know but I quite liked it and reminds me of being a teen and my mum having the single on cassette and playing it when she used to pick me up from school :lol: Anyway someone (I have no idea who) has remixed it and made it sound awful!!!!! In fact I think its Wiley..................AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome to my world Emma! :lol:

Nothing to do with age at all mate - just $hit music. ;)

My musical tastes when I was at school aren't worlds apart from today and I'd have detested the tripe that todays urban yoof listen to. I feel sorry for them tbh - it's all segregation, aggression and remixes with no originality these days (plus the addition of unforgivable vocoders).

I loved being a crusty teenage raver! 8)

Dizzee = I guess he's good at his trade (tho granted I know diddly squat about the grimey end of Dubstep)...BUT LEAVE DIRTY CASH ALONE ffs.

Thanks.

Emma,hearing a song you liked when younger as a new dodgy remix and hating it is nowhere near bad in the signs you are getting old as the very long list I could make here :(

But I'll spare you...

btw,his name was,Jyoti Prakash Mishra,born 1966,bet he's feeling it in his bones by now,was a number 1 in britain mid twenties in usa....thanks wiki.

original robo-disco-electro vocoders were ace, mind

autotune on the other hand is a load of septic horse cock (rare props to jay-z for taking a stand)

Word.

it's this ****ign R&B lite that's poisoning the airwaves that's turned me to radio 4.

I used to love R&B, soul, rap acid jazz etc when i was a young dude.

Nas, Fugees, d'angelo, eryka bhadu, ingognito, galliano, BNH, etc etc. whether you liked that genre or not, there was little disputing that it was creative and credible in it's own right.

it's been replaced by R&B these days is just these ****ers who get away with vomitting lazy puerile pointless snot onto a track.

These fckers who think that repeating a refrain over and over and over with a bridge of O-Oh-o-Oh-o-Oh.

And if you're gonna have lyrics, they have got to make a degree of sense, not just a list of phrases spewed out which have no connection.#

Rant over, i'm picking up my boots, going back to my sash windows.

Dizzee = I guess he's good at his trade (tho granted I know diddly squat about the grimey end of Dubstep)...BUT LEAVE DIRTY CASH ALONE ffs.

Dizzee Racal's first album was good as it was a proper grime/dubstep album. Fair play. Since then he's only been making cheesy electro pop music, most of it with Calvin Harris. Unfair play

i dunno where dizzee and wiley decided it was still be 'street' or 'grimey' or even remotely cool if they started making sh!t dance tracks with even worse lyrics.

Unfair play

We all have a dark secret and guilty pleasure buried deep down which normally only emerges when the flat is empty and the ferrets aren't within ear shot.

(Mine's 'dance wiv me' :oops: :oops: :oops:)

Oh and possibly Agadoo because I like the pineapple lady in the video. :lol:

Less of the 'liked' or you will make me feel old! :lol:

Incognito are currently working on a 15th album which makes them current. ;)

:lol: yes of course they are and i'm still an avid fan.

But this fact alone (15th album) shows the pedigree of these acts compared to the current bile we hear.

Emma,hearing a song you liked when younger as a new dodgy remix and hating it is nowhere near bad in the signs you are getting old as the very long list I could make here :(

But I'll spare you...

btw,his name was,Jyoti Prakash Mishra,born 1966,bet he's feeling it in his bones by now,was a number 1 in britain mid twenties in usa....thanks wiki.

Being more mature then is probably what I should have put or things I never thought I would hear myself saying ;)

Being more mature then is probably what I should have put or things I never thought I would hear myself saying ;)
Well,it's a good thread title,maybe I should have gone down that road rather than wondering about that record ?
Or maybe not....

Back