Short Hot Breaks

Emma_1983

Im currently trying to look up somewhere in Europe to go for a 4 day mini break basically just to recharge the batteries and where there will be sunshine.

Im stuck for ideas at the moment - brains too engrossed in work stuff I guess - but the only thing I can think of is Spain........been having a look on Expedia and its bringing up Menorca in June, all inclusive for £240 for 4 days. Im not sure if thats a "bargain" or not really.

Just a bit stuck really. Any ideas?

I suppose the obvious destination would be the Canaries as it has almost year round sunshine as far as im aware,my mates flatmate just came back from there though and said it actually rained for 2 of the 7 days they were there but the rest of the days were sunny, if you do a search you should get a pretty good deal this time of year anyway.

I'd love a holiday in the sun now too:cry:

if it is just for a short break, and you don't mind doing the budget airline thing.......then places in the balkans/portugal/italy, etc, etc are all mainly cheap to get to and are likely to be very hot.

check the ryanair destinations http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/dests.php?flash=chk&culture=GB&pos=HEAD

Thanks I will have a look now. We wont mind about budget airlines, the cheaper the better really, just need to get away for some sun, I have no hols booked at all this year yet :(

God there's loads of nice places... Portugal, Croatia, Italy, Hungary, France... the European world is your osyter!

Like Grego says, just pick a cheap destination and go there. For four days you can't have a bad time!

[non-sequitor removed]

Edit: ok, just realized you're talking about June. Nevermind!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks I will have a look now. We wont mind about budget airlines, the cheaper the better really, just need to get away for some sun, I have no hols booked at all this year yet :(

look where they fly to from stansted!! do you like the way the spiders web thing grows and grows and GROWS wwwhooooooosh.:eek::lol:

basically, there are loads of southern europe places up for grabs there. why not try somewhere like biarritz in southern france or if you like islands (like me!) there is sicily, sardinia, malta.

:D

Having just gotten back from Greece, I can tell you that the Balkans aren't that hot right now!

_44434247_gall_cars.jpg

(ok, that weekend was an anomoly but regular temps returned before we left and they were still in the teens)

Edit: ok, just realized you're talking about June. Nevermind!

good job she ain't going till june then.

even places like riga are hot in summer.

em - a point to beware tho, many of these places will be busier at the wknd cos of the inevitable stag do/hen party crowd. so maybe see if you go midweek instead.

look where they fly to from stansted!! do you like the way the spiders web thing grows and grows and GROWS wwwhooooooosh.:eek::lol:

basically, there are loads of southern europe places up for grabs there. why not try somewhere like biarritz in southern france or if you like islands (like me!) there is sicily, sardinia, malta.

:D

Funnily enough just been looking at Malta, I hear good things about it from a friend whos been out there (his gf is half maltese)

Have to have a good look around I think this afternoon!

Thanks guys

Talinn in Estonia is very nice and will be hot round June time too.
We had an apartment for 3 or 4 days a few years back and with flights etc worked around £150 which is nothing.

Drive down to France, spend a day driving South, Biarritz way, by Spain. Haven style camping or caravannin, weather is 99% perfect, nice accom, enjoy the sun, the drink, the beaches. 7 day holiday for about £100. Bish Bash Bosh.

Or.......... I've heard Ibiza is nice that time of the year. :twisted:

Just seen someone said Biarritz too... Gotta be done now. If you don't fancy the drive, you can fly down to an airport right by it, can't remember which, but it costs like £120 return in peak so peanuts if in like June.

One word....Valencia!

Have heard has great beaches for a city and nightlife is better than Barcelona and Madrid. And is hot! And Cheap.

Def on my to do list!!

One word....Valencia!

Have heard has great beaches for a city and nightlife is better than Barcelona and Madrid. And is hot! And Cheap.

Def on my to do list!!

seconded, Valencia is cool, had a top time there, best city in Espana IMO.

PS-The Beach is great (even if you go skinny dipping at 5am with a load of people you've just met in a hostel:lol::lol:)

Last edited by a moderator:
One word....Valencia!

Def on my to do list!!

A couple of my mates go there 2 or 3 times a year as one of the chaps has moved over there. They swear by the place. Ain't been as my missus won't let me go unattended! :cry:

Drive down to France, spend a day driving South, Biarritz way, by Spain. Haven style camping or caravannin, weather is 99% perfect, nice accom, enjoy the sun, the drink, the beaches. 7 day holiday for about £100. Bish Bash Bosh.

Or.......... I've heard Ibiza is nice that time of the year. :twisted:

We are debating Ibiza :twisted:

We are debating Ibiza :twisted:

I priced up a weekend in June 1st weekend flights and accomodation around £170 4 days cheap and cheerful. Obviously if you want better accomodation or flight times etc then it will go up and down accordingly - ooh err!! ;)

Use expedia to get rough estimate.

Back