Shore-Fishing in Ibiza

gingerfreak

Hi,

I wouldn't mind doing a bit of shore-fishing when I'm next in Ibiza. Do you need a license like you do on the mainland?

Cheers.

i sure do. got a nice new rod for my birthday and i mosey on down to the rocks at cala bassa or the harbour at cala conta for some pescatorial pastimes. the cats seem to like me going.

Cool. Do you catch much? I'm fairly new to shore-fishing. Used to do a lot of 12 hour deep-sea trips out of Whitby, but 'sea' and 'fish' is pretty much where the similarities end.

sea bream for me and grey mullet for the cats. you can get on a off shore fishing trip at san an harbour though............

I love bream. I thought you could eat grey mullett too? Or do you just not like it?

Yeah, I could go out on a boat, but having read through the posts my search brought back I don't think I'd bother. I'm into the cheap and cheerful 'one man and his rod' approach at the moment.

What bait do you use?

Can you hire fishing rods out stephen??
Wouldnt mind a bit of fishing to relax some days!!
:p

you can buy a little hook and line for 100 pesetas which will do the trick. i imagine if you go on a boat fishing trip that they supply the gear, but i've never seen a rod for hire sign anywhere.

Back