Shops in Ibiza that are also in the UK

I would be very careful about opening a shop in Ibiza.
I have had three.
Two lost shedloads of money. The third just about keeps going.
Unless you have a business that appeals to the general public year around and not just the tourist market i would say forget it and even then do a lot of market research.
The season is very, very short and most shops go on sale mid August.
Good staff are difficult to find.
There are a lot of stealth taxes involved that are not that apparent when starting.
To find a good location people are still asking for a ''Trespassa'' (key money) even though in theory it's meant to be illegal. For a good location it can be about 80K.
The only UK based shop that is in Ibiza as well is Accessorize.
This is because Peter Simon the owner of Monsoon and Accessorize has a house on the Island and his daughter was running it.
There is a shop with the ''All Saints'' logo above. However I think they are just buying in the brand.

I would be very careful about opening a shop in Ibiza.
I have had three.
Two lost shedloads of money. The third just about keeps going.
Unless you have a business that appeals to the general public year around and not just the tourist market i would say forget it and even then do a lot of market research.
The season is very, very short and most shops go on sale mid August.
Good staff are difficult to find.
There are a lot of stealth taxes involved that are not that apparent when starting.
To find a good location people are still asking for a ''Trespassa'' (key money) even though in theory it's meant to be illegal. For a good location it can be about 80K.
The only UK based shop that is in Ibiza as well is Accessorize.
This is because Peter Simon the owner of Monsoon and Accessorize has a house on the Island and his daughter was running it.
There is a shop with the ''All Saints'' logo above. However I think they are just buying in the brand.

Thats interesting that you said that as someone I spoke to a few years ago about this said it was quite easy to open a shop in Ibiza? She knew someone who had done it aswell. Maybe it depends on shop/area etc?? Out of interest what shops did you open and what do you have now?

So thats why there is an accessorize! I did wonder :)

I had a shop called Kia in Santa Eulalia down near the roundabout that leads to the Marina. It's still there being run by my ex's brother. It sells mostly womans clothing now, but I used to have gifts in there as well. Mostly things from Bali.
We had a similar shop in Ibiza town just behind the new Zara. Then also a clothes only shop in San Antonio.
It is relatively easy to open a shop....however finding one in a prime position that the current lease holders do not require a trespassa is quite difficult. Then your taxes are determined by a system called modulas, where the tax you pay is a fixed amount determined on the m2 of your shop and the amount of electricity you use.
You will also find that there are a lot of costs involved in hiring staff...their wages are just the tip of the iceberg.
Don't be tempted by Calle la Virgin...every year you will see locations for rent there, but it is a very difficult street to make work.
All the other shops people have mentioned here are not UK companies ( apart from Accessorize). Zara and Mango are Spanish and Jack Jones is Danish.
There is a guy in Santa Eulalia with a UK brands shop...Called White Island Store or something similar. He sells things like marmite etc..

I'm pretty sure that the pizza hut offer taco bell fare in both San An and PDB. Because I walked across the street from Garbi for Taco's.
Nah, mate. They have Pizza Hut and KFC but no Taco Bell. If they did, I'd have camped out in the one in PdB (I have a sad, inexplicable Taco Bell fetish)

Thanks everyone :)

I had a shop called Kia in Santa Eulalia down near the roundabout that leads to the Marina. It's still there being run by my ex's brother. It sells mostly womans clothing now, but I used to have gifts in there as well. Mostly things from Bali.
We had a similar shop in Ibiza town just behind the new Zara. Then also a clothes only shop in San Antonio.
It is relatively easy to open a shop....however finding one in a prime position that the current lease holders do not require a trespassa is quite difficult. Then your taxes are determined by a system called modulas, where the tax you pay is a fixed amount determined on the m2 of your shop and the amount of electricity you use.
You will also find that there are a lot of costs involved in hiring staff...their wages are just the tip of the iceberg.
Don't be tempted by Calle la Virgin...every year you will see locations for rent there, but it is a very difficult street to make work.
All the other shops people have mentioned here are not UK companies ( apart from Accessorize). Zara and Mango are Spanish and Jack Jones is Danish.
There is a guy in Santa Eulalia with a UK brands shop...Called White Island Store or something similar. He sells things like marmite etc..

So in your experience then you would advise against opening a shop?

Sweets

Surely you would become bored out of your brains having to be in a shop all day everyday!?? Think you need more variety or you'll be soon insane! Xx

Nah, mate. They have Pizza Hut and KFC but no Taco Bell. If they did, I'd have camped out in the one in PdB (I have a sad, inexplicable Taco Bell fetish)

I stand corrected but Rota,Spain has the combo KFC/taco bell. I thought got tacos in the PDB but maybe it tasted like taco's.

Surely you would become bored out of your brains having to be in a shop all day everyday!?? Think you need more variety or you'll be soon insane! Xx

Yes I probably would get bored! The start of this thread wasnt about me wanting to open a shop in Ibiza, it was more about finding what shops are in Ibiza and the Uk, but it seemed to go that way and I just embraced it!

It was an idea of Paulys for a while and we did talk about it to some Ibiza residents a few years ago but like you said it would be looooooooooong days and that is not my Ibiza dream ;)

Back