Shoom 25 years at Cable 8th Dec

Not sure I've ever experienced anything quite like that. :eek:

Contrary to promises (and much to my delight) it was vintage acid house - all night long.

I've lost count how many times Phuture - Acid Tracks was overlayed on top of other stuff.

Have this memory of Rampling flailing around in the DJ booth hollering into the mic: "RELEEEEEASE! YOUR HEART! SET YOURSELF FREEEEE! RELEEEEEASE! YOUR SPIRIT!"

Anyone else who went will know what I mean - the night was sprinkled with magic. Dunno whether this was to do with the music of the era or the fact that it was packed with passionate music heads. :?:

Needless to say they nailed it and this is up there with Body&SOUL and the last Trade as one of the best nights on record.

Would have loved to have gone to this. The 20th anniversary at The End was one of the best nights I have ever had.

i see danny rampling is doing a shoom/acid house night at the arches in february wityh the streetrave crowd.

not sure if i will bother, seen rampling at arches couple years ago at a streetrave night (think it was a charity night) and wasn't up to much... i did always like his early stuff/live sets although a friend of mine always used to call him danny dumpling:lol:

6638_481848931860223_1134168549_n.jpg

Terry Farley had this to say:

''Mathew bushwacka at Shoom
Best Acid House set I've heard in 20 years totally amazing''

That is high praise indeed.

There are a few video links on my facebook if anyone wants to see. I havent got the energy to work out how to post on here!!!

I met up with so many people I had not seen for years who I didnt even know were going - we were in there for 12 hours straight and it felt like a few hours.

It was truly special :)

Agree with Terry Farleys comment, Bushwacka was awesome, as was everyone really, it was hard deciding which room to stay in.

[video=youtube;rcTuqMjqNuo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rcTuqMjqNuo[/video]

not sure if this works

[video=facebook;10151195823638406]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151195823638406&set=o.2499552487&typ e=2&theater[/video]

What also impressed me was the organisation (apart from the cloakroom queue was immense, due to the cold everyone had work at least two coats and a jumper.... ) The queue to get in was empty at 9.15 when we got there I think we were about 10th people in there... it was FREEZING in the club it has some serious aircon which was much needed later on.

And a cheeky free entrance into the Jaded afters by the nice security guy manning the back door ;) All round top night I really hope they make it a yearly thing... but that might spoil the magic.

What also impressed me was the organisation (apart from the cloakroom queue was immense, due to the cold everyone had work at least two coats and a jumper.... ) The queue to get in was empty at 9.15 when we got there I think we were about 10th people in there... it was FREEZING in the club it has some serious aircon which was much needed later on.

And a cheeky free entrance into the Jaded afters by the nice security guy manning the back door ;) All round top night I really hope they make it a yearly thing... but that might spoil the magic.

I've seen rumours of a spectrum all dayer in the new year. Be interesting see if that progresses to anything more than a rumour

Back