SHM - The Dark Forest

They'll be anthem bashing this summer's funky/electro house hits - with some trees thrown in for effect!

Each to their own - you will no doubt have a great night, but me personally - I can't hack SHM - they sounded quite promising about 4 or 5 years ago when they first appeared, but now I think all those DJ's in that scene - Morillo, Guetta etc sound like they share the same record box!

But you could say that too about DJ's I follow - Luciano, Loco Dice, 2000 and One etc.
They don't really try to push the boundaries that much these days! :)

Each to their own - you will no doubt have a great night, but me personally - I can't hack SHM - they sounded quite promising about 4 or 5 years ago when they first appeared, but now I think all those DJ's in that scene - Morillo, Guetta etc sound like they share the same record box!

But you could say that too about DJ's I follow - Luciano, Loco Dice, 2000 and One etc.
They don't really try to push the boundaries that much these days! :)

I totally follow your sentiments, I've got a few of the sets from SHM and they're all the same tracks in different order, and theres rarely new stuff either, just 2 old tracks mashed together, which is awful!

I've just not had the chance to see them yet, and paired with my first trip to Pacha it should make for a good night

I've had mixed results with those guys... some nights I've seen them absolute rock venues with interesting sets and varied tunes. I specifically remember Axwell @ Fabrique in Moscow, Angello @ GazGallery in Moscow, and Ingrosso @ Ministry of Sound in London.

Other times, they've played nothing but utter crap. Axwell at Pacha last summer stands out. And Ingrosso at Pacha the year before... Come to think of it, must be something about them playing at Pacha that encourages them to dumb down their sets :confused:

hmm i did want to go to this night cause i havent made it to pacha before and i missed out on seeing shm last year at cream, bit concerned they are going to be rubbish now :S

It depends on how you perceive rubbish...
Im sure if you like their music the ambience of Pacha will make up for them being a bit commercial.
Just go for it.... :lol:

Even if their sets are all the same, the reality is I'm only going to be hearing them once anyway, so it should make for a good night. I think they'll have a good following aswell which will be good

Back