SHM @ Pacha!!

They definatley did get up to the 140's with one or two tracks especially with axwell.

i still doubt this, but nevermind. the music was good, you enjoyed the party - that's all that counts.

No, they did venture from the commercial house and went techno for a little while. Maybe because they were in Ibiza they pushed it a little...

My memory was a bit hazy afterwards but im nearly certain that I heard some 140-150 beats. It was my first time at one of their gig's so Im not fully up to speed with their sound, but it wasnt all house music.

Hopefully somebody else that was there can confirm this........or else im just getting too old and the beats are all sounding faster to me!

No, they did venture from the commercial house and went techno for a little while. Maybe because they were in Ibiza they pushed it a little...

My memory was a bit hazy afterwards but im nearly certain that I heard some 140-150 beats. It was my first time at one of their gig's so Im not fully up to speed with their sound, but it wasnt all house music.

Hopefully somebody else that was there can confirm this........or else im just getting too old and the beats are all sounding faster to me!

I'm guessing you don't DJ. There is a 0% chance they got over 140, I'd be surprised if they went over 132.

I was there so I know what I heard.

I do DJ........did you ever hear of pitching?

While a track on your Cd or MP3 may read a certain BMP while played... most DJ's will pitch it faster......I do.

I was there so I know what I heard.

I do DJ........did you ever hear of pitching?

While a track on your Cd or MP3 may read a certain BMP while played... most DJ's will pitch it faster......I do.

First of all you use the pitch to beatmatch the tracks you playin!
House generally is between ~126BPM (deep house for example) and goes till ~130BPM (electro house for example).
How fast you let play a track depends on the atmosphere, crowd and the time you playin!
If you start your set and tryin to build it up, the BPM is obviously slower then at peak time!
At peak time they reach sometimes 130BPM! But never more!

First of all you use the pitch to beatmatch the tracks you playin!
House generally is between ~126BPM (deep house for example) and goes till ~130BPM (electro house for example).
How fast you let play a track depends on the atmosphere, crowd and the time you playin!
If you start your set and tryin to build it up, the BPM is obviously slower then at peak time!
At peak time they reach sometimes 130BPM! But never more!

I would disagree with you.

132bmp is easily achievable

whoa guys, i never wanted to start such a discussion!

i agree with bez that even house is played faster than 130BPM at times (matinée anyone?), but SHM@pacha at 140-150BPM just sounds unlikely to me!

whoa guys, i never wanted to start such a discussion!

i agree with bez that even house is played faster than 130BPM at times (matinée anyone?), but SHM@pacha at 140-150BPM just sounds unlikely to me!

That's the point. They didn't play house all night so I can see where most people are coming from with the 140-150 bracket. There was some techno there as well as other deeper sounds.

It was my first SHM set so I dont know what they usually play.....but there was Techno and 140-150 beats on the night I was there.

I just hope somebody that was there can back me up on this one...........

Anybody????

back to the subject:

I was last monday in SHM @ Pacha (Chris Lake was the guest who took over for Funkagenda's absence) and the place was packed, music was decent (mainly SHM productions and nowdays anthems mixed with re-edits of old tunes), atmosphere was incredible though... you don't see the "posh" Pacha croud go off like that every day at Pacha.
I guess because the croud was mainly consisted of not the usual posh people who attend Pacha.

Great party all in all - very recommended (in peak season anyway).
:)

Went to see SHM in July and I thought it was quite good, not as crowded as Guetta - which was so uncomfortable last year I had to make an exit through the kitchen..
But still lots of people, good atmosphere, good vibe.. and the boys are quite fun - some of them are childhood friends and you can see that they're having fun - though I found it quite unsexy seeing them smoking constantly.. hate it, and wish it was banned in the clubs.. but despite smoking; it was fun, not as glam and slick as Guetta - more laidback, casual Scandinavian style ;)

btw;
Does anyone know which song they play that seems to be veeeery popular, the crowd went wild at Pacha and they played this song at the Mambo warm-up the following week as well..
it's not Leave the world behind and not La Mezcla.. in fact there's no vocal, it kind of had a trumpet-sound, everyone seemed to know the song but I can't find it..?:x

Went to see SHM in July and I thought it was quite good, not as crowded as Guetta - which was so uncomfortable last year I had to make an exit through the kitchen..
But still lots of people, good atmosphere, good vibe.. and the boys are quite fun - some of them are childhood friends and you can see that they're having fun - though I found it quite unsexy seeing them smoking constantly.. hate it, and wish it was banned in the clubs.. but despite smoking; it was fun, not as glam and slick as Guetta - more laidback, casual Scandinavian style ;)

btw;
Does anyone know which song they play that seems to be veeeery popular, the crowd went wild at Pacha and they played this song at the Mambo warm-up the following week as well..
it's not Leave the world behind and not La Mezcla.. in fact there's no vocal, it kind of had a trumpet-sound, everyone seemed to know the song but I can't find it..?:x

Could it be this:

Steve Angello & AN21 - Flonko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQC8IAoTJF0

great track, but it's not that one either.. it's not Balkan-inspired, more like a fanfare/national anthem kind of feel to it at times, but thanks anyway - better put this question in the Music-section :)

btw;
it's not Leave the world behind and not La Mezcla.. in fact there's no vocal, it kind of had a trumpet-sound, everyone seemed to know the song but I can't find it..?:x[/QUOTE]

If everybody knew the track, then that would suggest that its had plenty of Airplay. As there has been no real anthem so far this year, i would guess it was a track from last year.

Trumpets, no vocals and everybody knew it???

Educated guess i wouly say its....Trompeta-SIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY-D2eIJfUA

btw;

är du svensk? Jag träffade några norska killar och en svensk kille på mambo i måndags.

Was at SHM on monday just gone. Was the best night musically of my life. Although Plump DJ's and Carl Cox ran it close. Total total quality. Got a video or two I will upload tomorrow night when I get time.

är du svensk? Jag träffade några norska killar och en svensk kille på mambo i måndags.

Was at SHM on monday just gone. Was the best night musically of my life. Although Plump DJ's and Carl Cox ran it close. Total total quality. Got a video or two I will upload tomorrow night when I get time.
Hei, nei jeg er norsk og jente, så det var nok ikke meg du traff :)

Back