Seriously thinking of buying a rental apartment in Ibiza

If they have a tourist licence number on their advert on Airbnb for example they are allowed to advertise, if they don't have the licence number they could get fined

Quick question

Are any AirBnB apartments legal? Obviously stand alone villas can have their tourist license I'm just confused on the apartments.

Quick question

Are any AirBnB apartments legal? Obviously stand alone villas can have their tourist license I'm just confused on the apartments.

check if they can show their license number...I do know they don‘t give out any new ones to apartments, but am not 100% sure if there aren‘t any that did get one before the law changed

Interesting read.

Looking at this for myself in a few years but outside family and friends don't think I’d want to rent out (given I’d be there most of the year myself anyway).

I got contacted today by an official looking to rent my place and asking for the licence numbers.

Even though my apartment was on a holiday complex where every apartment was rented, since they've sold off most we don't get a licence.
I took legal advice at the time and they said my block should be ok. That wasn't the case !!!

Therefore instead of the local economy benefitting from paying punters 35 weeks a year it will go down to 6/8 weeks a year and be left empty the rest of the year including July & August!

My apartment never has party types as guests as it's in an quiet area. = No complaints from neighbours

Nothing looks like happening to the other abandoned apartments that now have squatters in who bypass the meter to get free electric which is a major fire hazzard

Seems a waste but.........Fingers crossed I can get something sorted.

I got contacted today by an official looking to rent my place and asking for the licence numbers.

Even though my apartment was on a holiday complex where every apartment was rented, since they've sold off most we don't get a licence.
I took legal advice at the time and they said my block should be ok. That wasn't the case !!!

Therefore instead of the local economy benefitting from paying punters 35 weeks a year it will go down to 6/8 weeks a year and be left empty the rest of the year including July & August!

My apartment never has party types as guests as it's in an quiet area. = No complaints from neighbours

Nothing looks like happening to the other abandoned apartments that now have squatters in who bypass the meter to get free electric which is a major fire hazzard

Seems a waste but.........Fingers crossed I can get something sorted.

Crikey, I hope you can get it sorted.

Which part of Ibiza is your apartment in?

It's on the west coast. Inland

They contacted me online. So I deleted my advert, that I forgot was still online.

They're looking at all websites for people to fine!!!

Doesn't look to bad in the picture and I've stayed in worse looking places on the island,just for a night mind . At least you can put a wash on and bang away for the night..?

Back