Security Body Scanners

That's just given me a cold shiver down my spine...

I went to a meeting in London with 3 of my Senior Partners about 4 years back and we were coming up to the the x ray thingummy to put your bags through, I put my hand in my bag to take out my phone charger which was in a side pocket and found 3 Gary's wrapped in a rizla - I sneakily pulled them out with the phone charge and held them in my hand as I walked through and collected my bag from the other side....

I was bricking it ...:eek:

Haha, I had the same experience but with a tortoise.

i took it via Marrakech, Casablanca, Heathrow and Newcastle.

i knew i'd posted this before:

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=31827&highlight=tortoise

At Casablanca i was searched by soldiers, it was horrific.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
the tortoise anecdote reminds me of my own rtn trip from Morroco a couple of years back

WHY YOU COME TO MARRAKESSSSHHHHHH? (he hissed) WHO YOU GO? HOTEL YOU SEE? WHERE YOU WORK?

no gloves fortunately - although the gleam in Captain Mustapha's eye suggested he was itching to deploy them

excellent - do you still have Souky :lol::lol::lol: or was she taken back home to her family and liberated from the slavery you clearly took her into as your very own tortoise lawn mower....

Haha.

Sadly not. Souky passed away.

She was ill so i took her to a vets, who gave us the wrong advise and ultimately led to souky's demise. (Souky reacted to the medication and died):(

But she had a very happy and pampered life while she was here, we even had to bath her twice a day. :lol:

Sometimes, in the dead of night, i can still hear her shuffling across the floorboards towards her bowl.....

....like that dog out of The Fly...

the tortoise anecdote reminds me of my own rtn trip from Morroco a couple of years back

WHY YOU COME TO MARRAKESSSSHHHHHH? (he hissed) WHO YOU GO? HOTEL YOU SEE? WHERE YOU WORK?

no gloves fortunately - although the gleam in Captain Mustapha's eye suggested he was itching to deploy them

:lol: - the missus had bought these hemp type woven bags filled with these herbal soap grains and stuck them in my hand luggage, these soldier found them and were sure they were contraband of some description - to be fair they looked really dodgy - and they went on to inspect everything except the marlboro lights packet in my pocket containing the tortoise ....:lol:

Haha.

She was ill so i took her to a vets, who gave us the wrong advise and ultimately led to souky's demise. (Souky reacted to the medication and died):(

But she had a very happy and pampered life while she was here, we even had to bath her twice a day. :lol:

Sometimes, in the dead of night, i can still hear her shuffling across the floorboards towards her bowl.....

did you cut it in half & count the rings to see how old it was?

Haha.

......what alongside the victorian child chimney sweep spirit that lives in the cupboard in your house??

We should get Derek Acorah round to yours one night.... :lol:

......what alongside the victorian child chimney sweep spirit that lives in the cupboard in your house??

We should get Derek Acorah round to yours one night.... :lol:

Seriously, I'm scared to look down the staircase when i go to the loo during the night, in case there is an a small hunchback staring up at me with glowing red eyes...

...**** me i've just scared myself

Seriously, I'm scared to look down the staircase when i go to the loo during the night, in case there is an a small hunchback staring up at me with glowing red eyes...

you never said the tortoise was disabled ?!?!?!?! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

honestly your house must be like the film Dont Look Now with small children running around in red coats/capes

Hey Grego, can you imagine what would have happened if the reporter had tried the same thing in Ibiza with the Guardia civil :)

hmm...Reminds me of the time that I almost got arrested for refusing to take off my sunglasses going into space!!

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=63662

I thought the uniformed policeman had taken control of the situation quite well until that moment that he came out with the line:

"what happens if he refuses to show us this??"

So funny :)

I am not sure what the point is that the reporter is trying to make:

a) You can act very suspciously and completly refuse to cooperate with the police and there is not much they can do about it in politically correct Britain?

b) You cant even take photos in a public place without risking arrest?

I suspect it was B but by the end of clip seems more like A

Last edited by a moderator:

I've never been to your house in my life!

Hey Grego, can you imagine what would have happened if the reporter had tried the same thing in Ibiza with the Guardia civil :)

hmm...Reminds me of the time that I almost got arrested for refusing to take off my sunglasses going into space!!

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=63662

I thought the uniformed policeman had taken control of the situation quite well until that moment that he came out with the line:

"what happens if he refuses to show us this??"

So funny :)

I am not sure what the point is that the reporter is trying to make:

a) You can act very suspciously and completly refuse to cooperate with the police and there is not much they can do about it in politically correct Britain?

b) You cant even take photos in a public place without risking arrest?

I suspect it was B but by the end of clip seems more like A

i see what you're trying to say, but two points

1) the guardia probably wouldn't give a flying **** if he set up camp opposite the consell building with his sniper rifle. this guy got his kodak out and was all of a sudden a terrorist threat. idiotic!
2) entering a private club (where they make the rules and you have to abide by them) is so very different from standing in a public place taking photos.

did you watch the one in accrington. the guy got arrested for taking photos of santa suspiciously!! accrington, lancashire!! al qaeda public enemy number one!!

i see what you're trying to say, but two points

1) the guardia probably wouldn't give a flying **** if he set up camp opposite the consell building with his sniper rifle. this guy got his kodak out and was all of a sudden a terrorist threat. idiotic!
2) entering a private club (where they make the rules and you have to abide by them) is so very different from standing in a public place taking photos.

did you watch the one in accrington. the guy got arrested for taking photos of santa suspiciously!! accrington, lancashire!! al qaeda public enemy number one!!
I used to live in Accrington- the people there are generally paranoid and very insular. This might sound like a sweeping generalisation but it's true (I went back to visit 5 years after I left and bumped into an old friend- he said he hadn't seen me for a while and said he assumed I was in prison (charming!). I told him that I'd moved away and he said "Where? Blackburn?" (Blackburn is the next town and only 4 miles away from Accrington)). That kind of attitude is endemic.
Add to that the fact that you have more CCTV cameras per person than any other town or city in the UK and the level of paranoia becomes remarkably uncomfortable. Very strange place indeed (although not nearly as strange as Burnley!!!).

Back