searches before entering the clubs???

msoprano13

how tough are they at the door....

here in new york you actually get your balls grabbed before entering....shoes and socks are taken off as well....its like going into a prison at some of these places......this is why i barely go out clubbing here anymore....

just curious how it is in ibiza

thanks in advance

You could have a kilo of charlie hidden in your socks and underwear and they wouldn't find it... :lol:
Well, actually, Space is pretty strict.. just hide in your boxers

They give u a quick "ruffle" and you're on ur way so unless you've got a huge bag of pills bulging out ur pocket, then you've nothing to worry about. I've never seen anyone being caught with drugs during a search on the way into a club though so I've no idea what happens. The bouncers would probably just nick a pill or 2 off you for themselves then let u in! :lol:

here in new york you actually get your balls grabbed before entering....shoes and socks are taken off as well....its like going into a prison at some of these places

that's shit mate. here in the uk, they call that assault!

even your shoes counts as a personal body search, which you can refuse at any time, unless you're under arrest.

but isn't this the same country that persuaded clubs to ban glowsticks, because they thought they were drug paraphanalia??!?

what did they think they were used for? heating your drugs up or something.

if I were you, I'd do a search for the human rights act and know your rights, regardless of the oppressive dictatorship you live under.

That´s an advantage about living in Brazil... here they just search you briefly for guns and just let you into the club with no further embarassment.
Lately, however, there´s been some cops infiltrated among clubbers. But they won´t arrest you, they´re there just to learn about how dealing works.
Even though I agree this NY treatment towards clubbers is disgusting, I do´n´t know if I can blame ´em after so many problems related to the use of GHB there.
Getting high should be a tool to have fun and not a purpose on itself.

That´s an advantage about living in Brazil... here they just search you briefly for guns and just let you into the club with no further embarassment.
Lately, however, there´s been some cops infiltrated among clubbers. But they won´t arrest you, they´re there just to learn about how dealing works.
Even though I agree this NY treatment towards clubbers is disgusting, I do´n´t know if I can blame ´em after so many problems related to the use of GHB there.
Getting high should be a tool to have fun and not a purpose on itself.

jamese75 said:
here in new york you actually get your balls grabbed before entering....shoes and socks are taken off as well....its like going into a prison at some of these places

that's s*** mate. here in the uk, they call that assault!

even your shoes counts as a personal body search, which you can refuse at any time, unless you're under arrest.

but isn't this the same country that persuaded clubs to ban glowsticks, because they thought they were drug paraphanalia??!?

what did they think they were used for? heating your drugs up or something.

if I were you, I'd do a search for the human rights act and know your rights, regardless of the oppressive dictatorship you live under.

i'd love to see you explaining that to the bouncers at space off your tits at 9 am ;);););););););););)

sorry james, couldn't resist

That's ok! I can take it- honest!

However, that's Ibiza and I don't live there, or really know what their laws are, or speak good Spanish.

Here at home, I know my rights and protect them at all costs. Without that, what's the point of carrying on?

Oh, last point, I don't get off my tits no- more. I know my limits and look after myself to the best of my abilities. The days of getting smashed on whatever are well behind me!

;)

a mate of mine said that the Orbit in Leeds used to have a woman bouncer who used to grab your balls, never saw it myself. So he said whenever anyone took a large quantity of pills in they would strap them to the side of the leg with sticky plasters in line with the stitching so nobody could feel them when moving down the side of the leg.

But taking shoes and socks off is extreme, someone else I sort of know once got searched down to their boxers in a club, got taken in a private room. He wasn't even carrying anything, he was a rival promoter from another club who happened to be in the other club.

The Room is dead nowadays, up until a year and a half ago it was the good. Then a company called Ponana bought what used to be the Eclipse and turned it into a club called The Fez and spent loads of money on the decor, Deja Vu has a new offshoot at The Fez on a Saturday called Faith which is usually the best night out, Bob Sinclar, Junior Sanchez, Danny Rampling, DJ Falcon, Agent Sumo to name a few in attendance. Friday nights there are called Fully Charged, harder sounds, I was in there last Friday (26/7) taking photos for a website. Judge Jules and Marc Vedo were the guests, got some photos in the booth next to Jules, they'll be on the site next week. Anyway, Mauro Picotto's been the best on a Friday.

To top the Room's demise a cheesy club like LA's called Pozition has opened at the end of George St nearly opposite the NCP car park and Hull College. The guy who's opened it has spent loads on it, but the music is terrible. The decor inside is nice but it's full of posing wankers who have their fancy mobiles vibrating up their arses.

Lojik, last time I saw a poster was at The Piper Club on Newland Ave but I haven't anything from them for a while. At the moment it's The Fez for the music and Pozition because it's brand new. But give it a while and it'll quieten down like every other cheesy new club.

The Room is dead nowadays, up until a year and a half ago it was the good. Then a company called Ponana bought what used to be the Eclipse and turned it into a club called The Fez and spent loads of money on the decor, Deja Vu has a new offshoot at The Fez on a Saturday called Faith which is usually the best night out, Bob Sinclar, Junior Sanchez, Danny Rampling, DJ Falcon, Agent Sumo to name a few in attendance. Friday nights there are called Fully Charged, harder sounds, I was in there last Friday (26/7) taking photos for a website. Judge Jules and Marc Vedo were the guests, got some photos in the booth next to Jules, they'll be on the site next week. Anyway, Mauro Picotto's been the best on a Friday.

To top the Room's demise a cheesy club like LA's called Pozition has opened at the end of George St nearly opposite the NCP car park and Hull College. The guy who's opened it has spent loads on it, but the music is terrible. The decor inside is nice but it's full of posing wankers who have their fancy mobiles vibrating up their arses.

Lojik, last time I saw a poster was at The Piper Club on Newland Ave but I haven't anything from them for a while. At the moment it's The Fez for the music and Pozition because it's brand new. But give it a while and it'll quieten down like every other cheesy new club.

Eat Your Words is going strong, they have a monthly residency at The Fez now. The listings are on http://www.dj-mag.com

Well mate, Lojik is still going, although they do a few things Leeds way now.

I was aware about the Room going down, but it was a cracking venue in 97/98.

We used to do the after parties for Lojik in this huge house on Westbourne Ave, and then threw our own Warehouse Party.

Have you ever heard of Antoine? He's played Eat Your Words, Lojik etc... and he's absolutely fantastic as a DJ. Hard House/ Trance, but the man can mix anything! I just got his latest CD... it's his usual fukcing brilliant self.

Can't imagine why no-ones picked him up yet, but he's better than Piccotto any day.

I met Antoine maybe a couple of years ago. One of my workmates knows him from Withrensea school, they both used to work together in the IT part. I've heard a few of his CD's which were hard house/trance which were really good, not my style, but they are really good. Haven't heard any of his new stuff.

I get sent the listings for Eat Your Words but haven't seen his name in them since I've been getting them, which is quite a while. Do you a guy with long red hair called Nick Mavin? He's a dj from Pickering and Scarborough way, he knows the lads who run Lojik and was telling me about them ages ago.

Hello,

I'm coming to Ibiza this sunday and i wanne know if it's difficult to get some good XTC there.

Maybe you also know what it costs ?

see ya :D

Back