Scotland Weather Forecast 29/05->03-06

espuma_party

Friday me and 6 mates hit Scotland.

Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Inverness, St Andrews, Loch Ness, Rosslyn plus 5-6 castles.
(we hired a van)

I'm wondering what's the weather like.

I spotted the forecast and it seems sunny or partially cloudly.

Since in Rome summer's in bloom, I want be prepared for "a little bit cold" than 35 °C of here.

Advices about dressing?

By night?

By day?

Tips will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Eskimo1.jpg

You should be fine with a light (waterproof would be a good idea) jacket, or a hoody. During the day jeans and a t-shirt should suffice.

The weather up here is unpredictable, the websites usually get it wrong.

My new discovery is UK twist on the italian Calzone pizza. Find a decent kebab shop and purchase a Donner Calzone somewhere. Oh, and if its not already on your list, check out Dunottar Castle. If you are driving from St Andrews to Aberdeen, go through Dundee and follow the coast up past Arbroath (worth stopping in to check out the Abbey, but don't stay too long or your wheels might get taxed) and keep on going up the coast through Montrose following signs for Aberdeen. You should eventually come to Dunottar Castle, or at least see signs for it. Its magnificent. Worth spending a few hours exploring the area. Theres also a nice little eatery in nearby Stonehaven called Molly Gunnings, the location isn't amazing, but the food is SUPERB.
http://www.mollygunnings.co.uk/

Heres a picture of Arbroath Abbey

Arbroath-Abbey.jpg

And here is a picture of Dunottar Castle

_41344720_dunottar416.jpg

2253513-lg.jpg

Dunottar Castle can be found here -> http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...6.941837,-2.207308&spn=0.035115,0.076218&z=14

Thanks fatphillb !!!

Stunning photos !!!

We gonna try to add those magnificient places ...

Just hope to have enough time to visit all things we got on the list....

For what concerning forecast, If they usually get wrong, would I bring with me winter clothes?

Reminds me of Highlander

Amazing beautiful country Scotland.

Very proud nation albeit with a few chips on their shoulder and tight as arseholes!;)

Thanks fatphillb !!!

Stunning photos !!!

We gonna try to add those magnificient places ...

Just hope to have enough time to visit all things we got on the list....

For what concerning forecast, If they usually get wrong, would I bring with me winter clothes?

Hmm, I think your winter and my winter will be slightly different. I think a rainjacket, and some hooded tops will do you fine. If you're freezing your balls off, you can always buy a cheap fleece here.

Have fun!

Back