Scores Dead In Russian Nightclub Fire. Not Moscow.

I got a rare text from a friend in the States around 3am last night asking if I was alright. Wrote her back ‘yes, of course, why shouldn’t I be?!’ and she replied ‘nightclub fire, 100 dead’. I opened the Google News front page on my phone and saw that it was in Perm, which I then explained to her was 700 miles away.

Glad my friends know exactly where I’d be at that hour!

Sad story in Perm though… apparently an indoor pyrotechnic gone awry. :(
Reminds me of that story in Rhode Island a few years back. Also 100 dead.

Sad story in Perm though… apparently an indoor pyrotechnic gone awry. :(

More than sad. The article says the owner ignore numerous H & S warnings.
:evil:

My heart was in my mouth when I saw the headline, so I was glad to see it was a long way from you.

I guess Moscow clubs are better run that?

More than sad. The article says the owner ignore numerous H & S warnings.
:evil:

My heart was in my mouth when I saw the headline, so I was glad to see it was a long way from you.

I guess Moscow clubs are better run that?

That'll be Pacha soon - judging by last year's crowds...:confused:

This proves everyone's lack of geography :lol: Just Googled Perm and it's like there being a fire in Poland and someone texting me if I'm alright. (I admit I didn't know where it was either).

Very sad to see and of course it could have been avoided.

This proves everyone's lack of geography :lol: Just Googled Perm and it's like there being a fire in Poland and someone texting me if I'm alright. (I admit I didn't know where it was either).
Actually, it's almost exactly the same distance from Moscow to Warsaw as it is from here to Perm. ~700 miles :eek: :!: Ya, Russia is a big place.

Today's a national day of mourning - entertainment events and TV programming canceled and flags at half-mast.

Certain types of fireworks have been banned for New Years.

4 people (owner, manager, art director and pyrotechnics installer) have been arrested and, I can only assume, are about to enter a very dark period of their lives...

Back