Sankeys Soap

S

*Saffy*

You know how somethimes you have a feelig in you that you really ought to go to a particular club ? Well .. I do this one ... !!!

Not in any doubt that some of you have been there .... Would LOVE to go ...

Ye I get people telling me all the time to go and check out the sound system- meant to be Immense! :)

I think ill go down on august 2nd coz Morillo's playing then

I've been there loads of times, wicked line-ups, good crowd, bit of a sweat hole at times but best club in Manchester by a long shot.

Its a wicked little club, and has a quality system in it. Heard a few rumours that it is actually the Phazon system that used to be in Home in London so dug around on the web a little last night and it turns out this is true :)

Different strokes for different folks. I don't rate Sankeys, even when Golden was there I didn't particularly like the club (layout is weird) but went for the trance.

Most people seem to love it though.

Saw Ritchie Hawtin there and he was emense. The club i have to say is nowt particularly special. I think its more a case of the people making the club.

Scottish-Helen said:
Different strokes for different folks. I don't rate Sankeys, even when Golden was there I didn't particularly like the club (layout is weird) but went for the trance.

Most people seem to love it though.

Nah you're not the only one Helen, I used to go a lot in their Golden days too and then it was Tribal and Redlight. Always gone on about it to my b/friend so took him up there a while back and he thought it was biggest $hit-hole he had ever been :rolleyes:

Well its only a warehouse on the outskirts of the centre its not exactly a posh superclub, but you can always guarentee a good atmosphere and good music. I usually dress down if i'm going.

dfunky said:
Well its only a warehouse on the outskirts of the centre its not exactly a posh superclub, but you can always guarentee a good atmosphere and good music. I usually dress down if i'm going.

I LOVE that sort of place! Find that people go for the music rather than to pose !

Yes Dfunky is right it is just an old warehouse made into a club and claims to be nothing else.......some of the line ups down the years have been superb and I don't recall ever having a really bad night in there just good ones. If you want glitz and glamour its probably not the place for you but it reminds me of original Manchester clubs such as Conspiracy and to a certain extent an early Hacienda in that its different and is more about the music/DJ/crowd its worth a visit

Used to go to Sankeys a lot but started to get really pissed off cos they seem to make up the entrance fee as they go along! I'm not a tight arse its just that they advertise it in the local paper as being so much and then when you get there is another fiver or more. Just taking the piss.

*Saffy* said:
dfunky said:
Find that people go for the music rather than to pose !

exactly!!

sankeys is wicked. tyrant are playin this friday, gonna be good i reckon!

the reason for price changes at clubs is down to the fees the DJ's charge. blame these greedy bastards. eg. francios k asks about £12-14K WTF??

Tyrant! :D .... Are you going ? Did you go ? Depending on when they were on ..... ???

i go to all the tyrant nights, mostly in notts and fabric. will def be there next week, can't wait!!!!!

just found out from mr vickers (tribal resident) that the night we put on in leeds (www.spinleeds.com) are doin the 10 hour afterparty for the huge warehouse party. RESULT!!!! it will be hosted at sankeys....can't wait!

might have to bob back home from ibiza now.

Back